NBA 13-14 season

kurtsimonw

Only just realised NO are now the Pelicans. Lamelamelame.

It doesn't roll off the tongue, does it? But at least it has some significance, as the pelican is the state bird...

The Jazz should trade their name back to New Orleans and call themselves The Utah Cult.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched your game against the Raptors the other night. Surprised how well you're playing without Kyrie. 

Huge win against Pacers as well, shame the knicks beat GSW. Still only 2.5 back with 6 of 7 games against teams with losing records. Not sure what NYK's run in is like but have it in my head that it is not a stroll in the park, if 76ers (unlikely) could beat Hawks tonight would be huge.

Knicks have to play Nets x2, Raptors x2, Bulls, Heat and Wizards. Pretty tough run in.

Great win for us over Houston tonight, clinching a playoff spot. 14 straight home wins (franchise record), 30-12 in 2014. We're still without KG and AK47 who're probably our top 2 defensive players. Looking forward to the playoffs now! :D

Edited by kurtsimonw

So the Kings owner has an interesting proposal for reforming the draft lottery and playoffs.

I think it has potential but would tweak it a bit:

* Set the draft/lottery order based on the last home and last away game against every other team in the NBA (so early-season games have no effect on the draft order)

* Top 7 in each conference qualify automatically. The remaining eight enter a single-elimination tournament to determine the eight-seed.

* In the first round of the playoffs, give the team with the better record up to a three game head start: 1 game for every 10 more games won (and return the 1st round format to 2-2-1-1-1)

Edited by leviramsey

Not a fan of the playoff idea. It's ridiculous enough as it is that teams with fairly bad losing records can make it. Ideally they'd change it to 6 teams per conference, but that's never going to happen.

You balance that out by making whoever qualifies in the low seeds go 2-0 on the road against better opposition to even get a home game.

You get in with a 30-52 record as the eighth seed. The 1 seed probably went something like 65-17. So the playoff schedule looks something like

Game 1: @ #1 seed

Game 2 (if #8 seed won Game 1): @ #1 seed

Game 3 (if #8 seed won Game 2): @ #8 seed

Game 4 (if #8 seed won Game 3): @ #8 seed

Everyone of those games is an elimination game for the 8 seed.

Knicks have to play Nets x2, Raptors x2, Bulls, Heat and Wizards. Pretty tough run in.

Great win for us over Houston tonight, clinching a playoff spot. 14 straight home wins (franchise record), 30-12 in 2014. We're still without KG and AK47 who're probably our top 2 defensive players. Looking forward to the playoffs now! :D

I'll tell you Bulls v Nets would be a great first round game this year. I think it would probably go the distance, and I don't think Miami would like facing either, I'd definitely rather face the Raptors (who will find it tough against Washington) than either of the other two named. 

How do people see the West going? Personally I think Heat OKC finals at 4.96/1 is a cracking bet.

Nets are 3-0 against Miami this season and on a 4 win streak stretching back to last year, so I think we're capable of beating anyone. One thing that will help us is there being no back-to-backs in the playoffs. It seems most of our losses are in the 2nd game of a back to back. Problem is we get lazy with a lead and lose rythym, can't afford to do that in the playoffs.

Pacers and Heat don't like all that good lately, I think Heat will likely make the Finals though simply because LeBron can win games on his own. The West, it's so tough to call. I'm going to see Clippers.

Edited by kurtsimonw

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty stunning news conference today with the commish banning Sterling for life and forcing a sale of the club. Amazing stuff. I didn't think they'd come down so hard on him. 

Â