Feeder clubs?

Richard

Its been thrown around for years. I'm sure some of the Spanish clubs do/did it and thats why they always seem to come up with a constant stream of Spanish players.

IMO, its a win-win idea all round. The Prem clubs have access to a continuing stream of cheaper players, while the feeder clubs benefit financially. And for those remotely interested in the international scene, it encourages the bigger clubs to source homegrown talent. 

I don't suppose there's any legislation that says a feeder club would have to be local, after all, some clubs have links/arrangements with teams abroad, don't they? Even so, it would seem like the 'proper' way to do it to me.

As such, the pickings aren't too numerous, but Walsall, Burton Albion, and Kidderminster Harriers come immediately to mind.

I don't have a problem with feeder clubs per se, as it can be a good way of securing young talent with financial incentives/limited loan deals for the feedrr club.

What I absolutely detest is these "partnership" clubs that teams like Chelsea have amassed. Look at Vitesse Arnhem for example - Chelsea hoover up a load of young players from around the world, and then "park" them there for a few years, just so they can weaken their rivals. I think Vitesse have 6 players on loan from Chelsea this season, and none of them will be playing for their parent club any time soon. I think the rules need to be tightened up on arrangements like these.

Not a fan, I feel every club from lower division should have the possibility of going up by themselves and growing talent, not making the stronger even stronger. Then again, if there is a talent he will be swooped up. Not really liking any of them to be fair, but I guess something like crewe would be good as they have a good philosophy with young players. 

Â