Ridgewell or Laursen for Saturday

Shillzz

Ridgewell or Laursen for Saturday  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Ridgewell or Laursen for Saturday

• Ridgewell
    • Laursen

Not a great choice. An established international coming back from significant injury, and presumably not match fit, or an inexperienced and lacking in pace player.

Given that they will be facing Yakubu, Ridgewell will get turned inside and out, and if Larusen is at all tentative viz the injury, then he will too.

well, if this is our personal preference, if 100% fit, i'd go for Laursen.

He needs a run of games to prove himself in the prem, and he needs them now IMO.

I do rate Ridge though, i like his commitment.

Just think Lauren might complement Ollie better at the mo - bigger chap, better in the air etc ...

D'OL says Laursen isnt ready for 90 mins in the Premiership yet. Just hope the mauling Ridgewell and co. got last week doesnt affect their performances tomorrow. It is a game we can win, JPA is scoring again. Luke Moore has taken on the Vassell role well, being the pacey attacker to create space for JPA. If like Vassell he doesnt score many goals but help JPA score a few more before the end of the season I think most will be satisfied.

If we play well I reckon either 1-1 or 2-1 Villa. If we have another first half like last week 2-0 pompey, theyre pretty strong at home but like us terrible away.

Apparently we have only taken 1 of a possible 18 points on the road since we won at Bolton in November.

Laursen needs to be brought back into first team football at a steady pace.. Versus Portsmouth, it wont be the biggest test he'll face this season so it could be a good way to bring him back in. Also, the expectation and pressure of a home game wont be a factor, the always-fantastic away support would be good for his spirits too...

Pompey will pose a fair threat to Us, be sure of that, We should take the game by the scruff of the neck from the start, make no mistake, We can win this match but We will have to work hard throughout for the 3 pts..A big ask.. We shall see... Up the Villa ;-)

DOH, Laursen to play ahead of Ridgewell, the lad is a rising star but makes simple mistakes at times which have been punished, Laursen for Me,...

The Cockney Villa spoke, lmfao... :)

• 3 years later...