Ticket Info

villan_avfc

Norwich City v Villa

Barclays Premier League

Saturday September 21 - 12.45pm

Carrow Road

Allocation: 1,400 (the decision to take additional tickets will be made subject to demand)

Prices: £35 [adults], £25 [O65s], £20 [u17s], £12 [u12s]

Wheelchair Tickets: Allocation: eight spaces

Monday August 19 [from 12noon]: On sale to current season card holders who attended five or more Barclays Premier League away fixtureslb_icon1.png in 2012-13*

Monday August 19 [from 3pm]: On sale to current season card holders who attended four or more Barclays Premier League away fixtures in 2012-13*

Wednesday August 21 [from 9am]: On sale to current season card holders who attended three or more Barclays Premier League away fixtures in 2012-13*

Wednesday August 21 [from 2pm]: On sale to current season card holders who attended two or more Barclays Premier League away fixtures in 2012-13*

Friday August 23 [from 9am]: On sale to current season card holders who attended one or more Barclays Premier League away fixtures in 2012-13*

Friday August 23 [from 2pm]: On sale to current season card holders*

Monday August 26: On sale to supporters with an away booking historyin the 2012-13 season*

Thursday August 29: On sale to supporters with any booking history*

*One ticket per client reference. Remember to supply one client reference per seat to build up booking history

Buy info: hotline 0800 612 0970, in person at Villa Village or New Street or from online box office

nice to see the ticket price is £10 lower than the last two seasons. if the 1400 go quickly we'll get the full allocation of 2400. 

according to west midlands police we are only having the initial allocation and are not taking the second allocation which seems mad as its sold out with 3 weeks until game

That's a joke, albeit not surprising, our ticket office are useless.

according to west midlands police we are only having the initial allocation and are not taking the second allocation which seems mad as its sold out with 3 weeks until game

Why exactly are they useless, Wedge? I'm genuinely interested (not arguing one way or the other, though I've always found them to be good).

The way I look at it is that the PL rules on the way tickets are sold and paid for are not in the interests of fans. The splitting of allocations into 2 lots, and the way you have to pay from all of the second lot, if you take them - whether you sell them all or not - is not a good one. Clubs don't want to pay 50 grand or so for a load of unsold seats.

In terms of "Allocation: 1,400 (the decision to take additional tickets will be made subject to demand)" The club will have seen how many people and at what rate, were contacting them to buy tickets, and they base their decision on previous seasons as well as that.
It's possible that there was barely a trickle of people asking for tickets for Norwich by the time the first 1400 had gone, so they thought "right, there's not enough demand for more, it's on the telly..."

Where I also have some concerns is that when a club does that kind of "just take the first lot" regularly, then supporters that don't have season tickets can never get a ticket as the first lot has always gone, and so the demand is actually killed as they give up trying.

I know the Premier League and Clubs have been looking at the way away support has dropped off throughout the league - hence the likes of Chelsea, Stoke and now Villa putting on free travel to all/some games. This is more to do with TV, I feel, than genuinely driven by feeling for supporters, for the reason that the TV deals depend to a degree on the Cameras seeing full grounds and good atmospheres, and blocks of empty seats don't look good, nor do silent, home fan (almost) only grounds.

From a fans point of view, rather than free travel, it'd be better if the tickets were cheaper, but that would mean the clubs would have to lower the prices for all the seats, as they couldn't do it for just the away fans - so it's cheaper for clubs to put on coaches than it is for them to act on prices, which is definitely a big driver for demand for tickets.

Another thing is TV games (like this one) - both clubs get a huge wedge from the telly for moving the kick off time. For me, I'd have it as a rule that if the KO time is moved to be convenient for the TV schedules (and inconvenient for the fans, which it is), that the fans should get a chunk of that extra money via lower prices  - make the prices 20 quid instead of 35, or something along those lines. We get messed around, but we suffer from inability to go, or inconvenience, and everyone else gets something out of it for them.

Anyway, none of that makes our ticket office "useless". What do you see, that does?
  • Like 1

West mids police aint got a clue why we aint gone in for the 2nd allocation, ticket sales were goin good for the game and with 3weeks until game we would of definately of sold another 1000, maybe ticket office did not want to risk it but i think they have made a mistake on this one

They can't have been going that good, because after they were on sale to anyone at all who'd been to just one away game in the past year, there were still some left.

They can't have been going that good, because after they were on sale to anyone at all who'd been to just one away game in the past year, there were still some left.

I've missed out simply because of economics. I went to 12 away matches last season with my kids and having forked out for 3 season tickets, an overseas family holiday and tickets and travel to Arsenal i had to wait until the end of Aug to buy tickets for this game. By the time I had been paid the tickets had sold out so maybe there are more like me that had to wait until they were paid at the end of the month before purchasing tickets.

August is an expensive month for many people so perhas that explains why tickets were initially slow to sell.

Edited by Robbie09

Ouch Robbie! That's a shame. Maybe ask them to contact you if there's any late returns?

Unrelated to ticket allocations or whatever, but could you not have paid by cheque  or a credit card, where the money doesn't actually go out of your bank for a while? - that way you could have got a ticket on say the 28th or 29th of august August (when they were still available), but not actually have the money leave your account until september some time?

None of that of course affects the unfortunate reality of both high ticket prices and people being strapped for cash, especially in the summer.

Ouch Robbie! That's a shame. Maybe ask them to contact you if there's any late returns?

Unrelated to ticket allocations or whatever, but could you not have paid by cheque  or a credit card, where the money doesn't actually go out of your bank for a while? - that way you could have got a ticket on say the 28th or 29th of august August (when they were still available), but not actually have the money leave your account until september some time?

None of that of course affects the unfortunate reality of both high ticket prices and people being strapped for cash, especially in the summer.

I popped into the ticket office on the night of the Rotherham game to collect those tickets and tried to buy Norwich tickets then but they weren't selling any other tickets to manage the queue. By the time I called in the next day they had sold out.

After 3 weeks away in Portugal the plastic had had a right hammering so the credit card wasn't an option!!

At least it's on the box so I can watch the game but I am surprised we haven't taken the full allocation given our away following.

Edited by Robbie09

Why exactly are they useless, Wedge? I'm genuinely interested (not arguing one way or the other, though I've always found them to be good).

Anyway, none of that makes our ticket office "useless". What do you see, that does?

I thought it was a widely accepted fact that they're useless. But as you've asked...

Constant errors in allocation (different allocations listed on the etickets site and the O/S), criteria, price of tickets (listing Young Adult prices for Liverpool & Sunderland when in fact there weren't any YA prices, and listing a £15 YA price for West Brom when in fact it was £25), cut-and-paste jobs from previous away games resulting in above errors in allocations, ticket prices and criteria, listing upper and lower tier prices for QPR away when we only had the upper tier and the difference in price was actually for wings & central. Programmes show away games as being on sale when in fact they've been sold out for weeks, they've recently listed an under 23 price for hull away, then removed it, then brought it back again, and have had criteria for the Spurs cup game set at Thursday 8th September. 8th September is a Sunday. Not to mention that away information is hidden away on the website under home match headings. Despite complaints last season from fans and assurances they'd improve it all, the same mistakes are still occurring. An absolute shambles.

Ah, fair enough. The website side of things is often not as it should be, you're right. I dunno if that's Villa or Ticketmaster, but either way it doesn't reflect well on Villa, I agree.

The people in the ticket office etc, and on the phones are so much better.  

I thought it was a widely accepted fact that they're useless. But as you've asked...

Constant errors in allocation (different allocations listed on the etickets site and the O/S), criteria, price of tickets (listing Young Adult prices for Liverpool & Sunderland when in fact there weren't any YA prices, and listing a £15 YA price for West Brom when in fact it was £25), cut-and-paste jobs from previous away games resulting in above errors in allocations, ticket prices and criteria, listing upper and lower tier prices for QPR away when we only had the upper tier and the difference in price was actually for wings & central. Programmes show away games as being on sale when in fact they've been sold out for weeks, they've recently listed an under 23 price for hull away, then removed it, then brought it back again, and have had criteria for the Spurs cup game set at Thursday 8th September. 8th September is a Sunday. Not to mention that away information is hidden away on the website under home match headings. Despite complaints last season from fans and assurances they'd improve it all, the same mistakes are still occurring. An absolute shambles.

Saved me a job, but basically this.

Desperate for a ticket to this! It seems the first allocation shifted (quickly) then there was "more demand" and history of this fixture. It's only a small ground, we always sell our allocation. It's just stupid.

Edited by Luc nilis

Â