AndyClarke

How does everyone get through their games so quickly? Do you all just have lots of free time?

I'd say it takes about 2 to 3 days to get through a season, I usually play whilst doing Uni work. I don't watch any highlights etc.

Vitinho is indeed ace PF! I won the FA Cup and Capital One Cup double, finished 9th in the league and eventually sold Benteke (who kicked up a fuss again) for £28m. Sold Sylla and KEA also, which has allowed me to bring in Belhanda, Kiyotake, Bruno Zuculini and Mitrovic. 

AVFC back in Europe  B)

My team now is:

Guzan

Lowton Okore Strandberg Luna

Fernando

Belhanda Kiyotake

Bacuna Mitrovic Vitinho

Which can be rotated with:

Steer

Bacuna Okore Baker Luna

Strandberg

Westwood Carruthers

Weimann Alcacer Gabby

I decided to keep Albrighton as he put in some great performances after he returned from Wigan, probably going to try and flog Kozak but Helenius is pretty good and still young so I'll try to mould him into Mitrovic's rotation option. Trying to sell Gabby as well, his wages are OTT for somebody who is a backup.

Edited by samjp26

How does everyone get through their games so quickly? Do you all just have lots of free time?

I'd say it takes about 2 to 3 days to get through a season, I usually play whilst doing Uni work. I don't watch any highlights etc.

I have no time due to work so I get maximum of 2/3 hours game play per day :(

You should be able to complete a season in 4 or 6 hours, easily!

What are the laptop specs? Half a star seems incredibly low even for an old laptop.

Processor  Intel® Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    6.00 GB

I don't know what other specs to put, there's a ton on the system information page, I don't want to list them all.

My issue is that sometimes the game goes really slow and gives me a computer performance of half a star if i go to set up a game, whereas other times like yesterday the game went really fast and when i went to the set up a game page it gave me a computer performance of five stars. that doesn't make any sense to me

The star system is just a snapshot of your system in that instance, so i.e. if you have lots of programs eating up resources then it will drop. Also, FM is very CPU-heavy and as far as I know yours is only a two core power saving CPU. It's not ideal for gaming, and perhaps it also has battery saving settings that kicks in when not plugged in. That would explain the drop.

There's a benchmark thread on the FM-forums where you download a save and run in holiday mode for a week, so go there if you want to see how it matches up to other people's PC's. Mostly desktops tested so far though.

Edited by tarjei

I'm nowhere near! I think I'm 10 games in after around 4 hours play (maybe less I'm unsure, will check tonight).

Usually takes me about a week to do a season, couple of hours a few days a week this time of year. Helps thats it shitty and dark at 5 these days. 

I'm half way through my second season and it usually depends how involved i get with developing players and all that.

really????

really????

Maybe not 4 but you should be able to be hitting April in 6 hours.

I just did the Community Shield in my game, beat Man United 3-1 with 2 goals from Aston Villa's number 6, Gareth Barry! All teary eyed here, I needed defensive cover and his stats are still good.

Sold Vlaar for £8m in January which funded a move for Vitinho. Benteke spat his dummy out but the best offer I got was £15m, come April and he has asked to stay.

Probably going to finish 9th, won the Capital One Cup and I'm in the final of the FA Cup.

How much was Van Ginkel? 

On loan from Chelsea for the season :P playing him in a front three with Zaha and Rhodes. Takes me about 5 hours none stop to complete a full season, always go on holiday for the Cup games, never really take it seriously unless I'm in Europe.

Edited by Avflife

Can't believe you manage to get through a season so quick!!

Lol im in my 2nd too sitting in 3rd and in the europa knockouts, if its anything like last season we'll drift away and end up 5-6th but i'd be happy with that anyway. The europa schedule has shown me how much of a proper squad you need to build to compete domestically and european at the same time.

Lol im in my 2nd too sitting in 3rd and in the europa knockouts, if its anything like last season we'll drift away and end up 5-6th but i'd be happy with that anyway. The europa schedule has shown me how much of a proper squad you need to build to compete domestically and european at the same time.

I finished 6th in the 1st season and made a cup semi. Thing that shafted me was El-Ahamadi and Sylla buggered off the to the african nations and chris herd buggered off with Australia so I was left short of midfielders. Got Holtby in from spuds, he is fantastic. I have daylight to 7th place so Europa minimum again for me unless it goes totally tits up in the final 14 games!!! Hopefully we will get CL though

I finished 6th in the 1st season and made a cup semi. Thing that shafted me was El-Ahamadi and Sylla buggered off the to the african nations and chris herd buggered off with Australia so I was left short of midfielders. Got Holtby in from spuds, he is fantastic. I have daylight to 7th place so Europa minimum again for me unless it goes totally tits up in the final 14 games!!! Hopefully we will get CL though

You did one better than me in the league but i got the fa cup against small heath so ive got you beat there! :D

You did one better than me in the league but i got the fa cup against small heath so ive got you beat there! :D

how the **** did small heath get there?? lol

Â