Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

dont think we'll sign 9... more like 6 max

thats 3 top signing (NRC being one) and 3 half decent players for cover

Why, surely we want every position to be filled with cover in that same positon to if we want to last the season, have cup runs, avoid suspensions, injuries etc and push for europe.

After the players that are leaving eventually leave, it leave us a squad of 16 players!

Adding 6 would only take it to 22, should it not be 24/25 players considering all of the above?

i think we should have all taken note of the past 5 seasons and what happens when you dont have a full healthly squad.

We have moaned about it for years... now we have a fantasic oppurtunity to do what we want and move forward, it feels that some dont want us to.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way i see things panning out are as follows:

------------ *NEW* - Sorenson/Taylor -----------

*NEW* ------ *NEW* ------ Laursen ---- Bouma

Delaney --- Mellberg ------ Cahill ------ *NEW*

A. Young ---- Petrov ------ *NEW* ----- Berger

Gardner --- R. Coker? --- Barry ------ *NEW*

------------------------ Maloney --------------------

------------- Carew ----------- Agbonlahor -------

------------ L. Moore? -------- *NEW* -----------

I believe this is what MON is going to do before the season starts and would give us a very healthy option next season of playing various formations and we will have adequate cover in every position incase/when injuries and suspensions may arrive.

Also allowing us enough depth to push for Europe with some tasty cup runs.

Maybe Sorenson or Taylor may be sold but i think we can be sure of Hughes, Davis, Hendrie, DJx2, & McCann are all set to leave.

We should also consider loaning Moore out instead of selling him as like were going to do with Ridgewell!!

Your thoughts everyone?

This was a post i done the other day.

Reo Coker has not yet signed and we unsure whats going on with L Moore.

and it shows 8-9 players needed!

Adding the above to the post of the POSSIBLE signings i created would give us a outlay of:-

------------ Gordon - Sorenson/Taylor -----------

Lahm ------ Metersacker ------ Laursen ---- Bouma

Delaney ---- Mellberg ------------ Cahill ---- Armand

A. Young ---- Petrov ------ Sneijder ----- Berger

Gardner --- R. Coker? ------ Barry ------- Nasri

------ Defoe / L. Moore? -------- Fred -----------

Perfectly capable to qualify for europe!!

....Let's hope MON can make it happen! :lol: :winkold:

I really can't see us signing 9 players.

More like a maximum of 6. I think you may be disappointed this summer if your expecting that many.

Then again, I'd be happy to be proved wrong :)

O'Neill hits out at Nakamura link

GLENN GIBBONS

MARTIN O'Neill reacted angrily yesterday to reports that he had approached Celtic with a view to taking Shunsuke Nakamura to Aston Villa. The former Parkhead manager was clearly irate over regular media speculation linking him with plundering his former club.

"I've been told this morning that I'm supposed to be interested in Shunsuke Nakamura," O'Neill said. "Let me tell you categorically it is a load of complete tosh. I have not been near Celtic for the player and I won't be.

"It's just too easy for people in the media to connect me with raiding Celtic for players, and it really is becoming a bit much. Be assured the latest stories about me and Nakamura are pure invention.

"I think people in the media simply guess about which type of player this manager or that manager wants and, in my case, make the connection with Celtic, and come up with fantasy. I'm really pretty fed up with it."

Nakamura drew admiring glances from English Premiership clubs when his brilliant free-kick inflicted a 1-0 defeat on Manchester United in the Champions League. He went on to collect a clutch of player of the year awards, but has also been troubled by inconsistent form.

Last week, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said the club was in a strong enough financial condition to be able to reject any offers for leading players such as Nakamura.

O'Neill was at Kilmarnock on the final day of the season, where the home side beat Hearts 1-0.

Clicky

Farewell to the Nakamura link.

Adding the above to the post of the POSSIBLE signings i created would give us a outlay of:-

....Let's hope MON can make it happen! :lol: :winkold:

Can't see Barry moving into the middle, particularly as I can't see Reo Coker playing simply a holding role.

I really can't see us signing 9 players.

More like a maximum of 6. I think you may be disappointed this summer if your expecting that many.

Then again, I'd be happy to be proved wrong :)

I am not expecting that many, all my comments are just purely based on the title to this thread, speculation together with an opinion.

I agree the 5-6 are realistic numbers.. i was only saying 8-9 becuase of unsureness regarding certain players maybe heading for the exit and having adequate cover for all positons!

I agree i would love to see it aswell pan out and i hope i could be proved right aswell.

My feet are firmly on the ground. ....until we sign them! :lol: :winkold:

maybe 5 players

- GORDON or BORUC

- LUKE YOUNG

-REO-COKER

- KOUMAS

- DEFOE

do you think these players would take villa on to the 'next level?'

i cant make my mind up....and dont think spurs will sell defoe either!!!

....Let's hope MON can make it happen!

I´m absoultley sure that if we were able to snap such a talent like Samir Nasri up, he wouldn´t play second fiddle behind Berger.

First from MON....

MON on Nakamura Link

Martin O'Neill last night hit out at reports that he is set to raid former club Celtic for midfield ace Shunsuke Nakamura, insisting: "It's complete tosh."

Nakamura collected a number of awards at Parkhead last season and hit the headlines as his brilliant free-kick gave Celtic a 1-0 Champions League victory against Manchester United.

That has prompted rumours of a move to the Barclays Premiership, but O'Neill insists the Japanese international will not be coming to Villa Park.

He told www.avfc.co.uk: "Speculation is part and parcel of football, especially at this time of the year - we all know that.

"I wouldn't normally respond to a specific rumour, but on this occasion I feel I have to.

"Neither myself nor anybody else at the football club has shown any interest in this particular player, nor indeed anybody at Celtic Football Club.

"Let me tell you categorically it is a load of complete tosh. I have not been near Celtic for the player and I won't be.

"I think people in the media simply guess about which type of player this manager or that manager wants and, in my case, make the connection with Celtic, and come up with fantasy. I'm really pretty fed up with it."

Clicky...

I know we're not allowed to mention spurs, but the Sun are running a story today saying Jol is deifnitely after Sneijder.

TOTTENHAM are ready to fight Aston Villa in the hunt for Ajax midfield man Wesley Sneijder.

Spurs boss Martin Jol is a big admirer of his fellow Dutchman and is willing to match the £7m Villa chief Martin O’Neill will offer.

Sneijder, 26, is a versatile attacking midfielder and Dutch international.

Meanwhile, Nigel Reo-Coker is delighted at the prospect of joining Aston Villa.

The England Under-21 and West Ham captain is set for a £7m move.

His agent, Tony Finnigan, said: “Nigel’s over the moon to be linked with Martin O’Neill and a club of the calibre and size of Villa.â€

Doesn’t actually prove either of us are after him. And as we know that Valencia have bid £8 million, seems strange that MON would bid £7 million?

I know we're not allowed to mention spurs, but the Sun are running a story today saying Jol is deifnitely after Sneijder.

Its ok we have a better training ground :D;)

Joke! Before anyone starts kicking off