Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

kightley is a different situation to Koumas because age. It isnt the championship that is the issue it is the fact that at 28 Koumas is playing at his full potential

he's playing at his full potential based on the players around him - and gets rave reviews for it. if Ronaldo played in the West Brom team do you think he'd look as good as he does for Man Utd ?

No. because the service/reading of the game around him wouldn't be at the same standard as it is there. Ditto Koumas could look excellent in a talented side with pace and vision

you just don't know until you try

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kightley is a different situation to Koumas because age. It isnt the championship that is the issue it is the fact that at 28 Koumas is playing at his full potential

he's playing at his full potential based on the players around him - and gets rave reviews for it. if Ronaldo played in the West Brom team do you think he'd look as good as he does for Man Utd ?

No. because the service/reading of the game around him wouldn't be at the same standard as it is there. Ditto Koumas could look excellent in a talented side with pace and vision

that's a good point!

If that were true you could apply it to every player in the lower leagues. Lee Trundle would be awesome cos he played with better players. Should we resign Kevin phillips then?

i'm not saying he 'would'. i'm saying he 'could'

you are after all, only as good as those around you. Trundle is a fat waster who scores the odd great goal. and Phillips, as you know isn't up to the premiership anymore

Why I get more excited by us maybe buying an unknown player from Portugal than I get by us signing a player like Koumas:

First of all, I don't know anything about Antunes and therefor, if signed, I can only trust in MON's knowledge about him and that gets me a bit excited. I haven't seen too much of Koumas either, but I've seen some and he's yet to convince me that he's of a high PL-standard as he has to be to take us up. Again, if he's signed I'd trust MON but I'd be less excited as I have my doubts from what I've seen. Can't have that about a player I've never seen.

Second of all it's the age. Koumas turns 28 in september and is at his peak. UIf at his peak he's playing in the championship I'd say that he's probably not good enough and he won't get much better. Antunes is 21 and a prospect. Ha might turn a lot better and a real gem for us in the future.

I don't say it's logical, I don't say that this Antunes is a far better, or even just a better, signing than Koumas, but I'd be much more excited because of this. Once in a Villa-shirt I'd judge them on same basis, what they do for Villa. I'll give Koumas a chance if he's signed.

But what hits me is that there are no good links, no quotes from MON whatsoever on a player that we're thought to be after. Nothing. All there is are some journailsts speculating, rumours from the neighbours limping dog, wish lists from posters like myself, lazy journalists reading such wishlists and making something out of it. Nothing more. IMO that's very encouraging. But I'm still worried from time to time.

Excpress & Star:

Villa’s £7m Reo-Coker bid

wd2018093wembley-13-rh-24.jpgVilla have bid £7m for West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker, according to sources in London.

Boss Martin O’Neill is in pole position to sign the England under-21s skipper, and is now believed to have stepped up his interest with an offer for the midfielder.

Sources in the capital insist the way is clear for Villa to snap up the 23-year-old as Martin O’Neill’s first summer signing.

The Hammers are believed to be keen to accept Villa’s offer with interest from Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle not forthcoming.

Reo-Coker will be ours.

7m is a good price considering his age, his nationality and the club we are buying from are also in the English Premiership. Not to mention that he is their captain, a current U21 international and a future England player. Just waiting for that yellow bar on SSN to flash with something about the Villa.

Bit of a quiet day on the 'rumours' front.

I don't think he is going to sign before the U21 tournament, which is a massive shame. Where is the tournament anyway, and when do they fly out?

They have a game tonight, so I'll be tuning in to see him. Is there no chance he could come to VP tomorrow to do his medical and sign? Then fly out with the rest of the U21's on Thursday?

So many questions, I do apologise. :P

Koumas is basically Stevn Davis in five years time. He's too lightweight, not disciplined enough positionally and the rumoured fee is too much. I wouldnt rule out championship players just because they're championship players but I think with Koumas is not at a level which would improve aston villa. I'm not saying he wouldnt succeed at prem level, in fact I think he'd make a very good signing for the likes of Blackburn or Boro.

Breaking news on SSN:

'Man City have given permission to Newcastle to speak to Joey Barton.'

- His agent is up there to have talks.

Parker must be signing for West Ham then, which gives us NRC.

Is there no chance he could come to VP tomorrow to do his medical and sign? Then fly out with the rest of the U21's on Thursday?

Good idea. You should phone up the club and suggest it.

Is there no chance he could come to VP tomorrow to do his medical and sign? Then fly out with the rest of the U21's on Thursday?

Yep, we're on good terms with the U21 set up, I'm sure they won't mind.

:winkold:

Good idea. You should phone up the club and suggest it.

Great idea, didn't think of that. I'll allow you to do it.

Yep, we're on good terms with the U21 set up, I'm sure they won't mind.

:winkold:

:crylaugh:

So is Martin making plans for Nigel ? :winkold:

Maybe, but only...If young Nigel says he's happy. :)

If he says he's happy, he must be happy, he must be happy in his work. Afteralll we only want whats best for him. He just needs a helping hand. I'd say his whole future is as good as sealed.

He's not outspoken, he just likes to speak