Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we are in for him i reckon we are waiting to see what Valencia decide on doing.

I dont think we are, it doesn't fit with our midfield plans imo especially if we sign NRC.

off sysports 'complete bollocks' section and it is obviously going to be rubbish. But i would die of happiness if we pulled that off

Aston Villa are going to splash the cash within the next month, with the signings of Craig Bellamy, Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder, Urby Emanuelson, Craig Gordon, Darren Bent and Cristian Zaccardo.

Dan Matthews - Rugeley, Staffordshire

off sysports 'complete bollocks' section and it is obviously going to be rubbish. But i would die of happiness if we pulled that off

Aston Villa are going to splash the cash within the next month, with the signings of Craig Bellamy, Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder, Urby Emanuelson, Craig Gordon, Darren Bent and Cristian Zaccardo.

Dan Matthews - Rugeley, Staffordshire

I was excited...then I read it had been posted by some nobody...

why? he can play left, right and centre

Reo Coker comes in, Davis will go, McCann will probably leave

Barry has impressed in the middle and on the left

actually i can see what you're saying, but still if we're are looking to have plenty of competition for places, someone with so much versatility would be good, where as if we get Koumas he can only really play on the wings due to his lazyness

if we are in for him i reckon we are waiting to see what Valencia decide on doing.

I dont think we are, it doesn't fit with our midfield plans imo especially if we sign NRC.

Sniedjer can play across the whole midfield so i disagree with that notion, if we sign both him and Reo-coker i imagine he'll play left side and drift in like Pires used to do at Arsenal.

If we could get Sneijder I would be over the bloody moon. I was in Amsterdam this weekend gone. Spoke to a few Ajax fans. They are used to watching the best in Holland, and rate him very highly.Trust me this guy is class.

main reason why i wanted WHU was that i Knew they would throw their weight around and buy players for stupid amounts of money and offer silly wages

with WHU about, every decent player will be an extra 2-4 million

if the Sniedjer rumour is correct then why not put down the highest bid and see what happens. if Sniedjer rejects the move then fair enough... least we tried

we may or may not have been turned down by Barton & Parker. if so. take it on the chin, we aren't Barcelona all of a sudden

yes obviously, but it might be asignal of things to come

i.e if us and West Ham are trying to sign Luke Young

We're in the same market as Newcastle and West Ham, IF its true that they turned us down, then it doesn't fill me with that much confidence for the future when competing for players.

" 86% of all world managers are chasing Jason Koumas, but Gordon Strachan and Sam Allardyce are considered frontrunners,"

This from mondays Guardian Rumour Mill. Often entertaining to read as well.

Sniedjer can play across the whole midfield so i disagree with that notion, if we sign both hom and Reo-coker i imagine he'll play left side and drift in like Pires used to do at Arsenal.

But i dont think MON wants another midfielder like that though, for the wings he wants wingers thats why Barry was moved in as he is not a winger.

Going after Taylor and already signing Young lends itself to this.

Sneijger is a similar player to Barry in the way that he is a creative midfielder not a winger, but can still play there.

if the Sniedjer rumour is correct then why not put down the highest bid and see what happens. if Sniedjer rejects the move then fair enough... least we tried

Now there's an idea.

Maybe we already have?

Maybe MON doesn't want to sign him?

we may or may not have been turned down by Barton & Parker. if so. take it on the chin, we aren't Barcelona all of a sudden

and neither are west ham, however at least 1 of the 2 is going to them.

London and wages...probably also what they are willing to pay for the player. We cant ignore the Curbishley factor too...he is well rated among players and other managers. There was many at this site that would´ve loved him here before Martin O´Neill came in...

i say good luck to them

ones going to a clubs full of cheats and a team hated by the whole of the prem

the other is going to a so-called big club who have achieved feck all

parker - excellent attitude and very professional. half decent midfielder

barton - better than parker in terms of on the field. but no way would i want someone like him at villa. just wished he had parkers professionalism

NRC - mixture of the two lol. Probably more suited to villa so i'll be happen IF we get him