Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

According to Express and Star, Davis has been told he can leave:

E&S

It will be a pity if he goes.I thought he was just suffering the normal second season slump.Maybe MON wants to clear him out so he can bring in another CM.MON didn't really play him so probly doesn't fancy him.Davis looks a prospect and is worth at least 5 mill.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pff, I remember being his most vociferous critic on here during his first season (and being abused for it). He got plenty of game time in his first season and he was sh1t. Came on in leaps and bounds in season 2. It's a strange one though...

I dont understand why people not worry..

There's no point worrying about something you have absolutely no control over whatsoever.

MON will go for the players he wants, if they end up elsewhere then it won't be for the want of trying. If we went for Parker for example, but he says he can't live his life anywhere else bar London, then West Ham are welcome to him. It's not really the sign of a winner for me, so it wouldn't be a great loss. Same goes for Bertie Big Bollox Bellamy, if he doesn't want to play for us, fine. I'm sure there are many players who really do want to play for Aston Villa and I hope these are the type of players our manager will bring in.

I'm confident MON will get the players he wants because of the type of man he is, and the type of club that Aston Villa FC is. In the meantime, chill.

over 500 pages and we still haven't signed anyone???

WTF is going on? I say we hold a protest outside Villa park and burn effigies of MON/ Randy.

:wink:

*Disclaimer - the above was a joke in case I get attacked from all sides

I'll just remind people that it is possible (and highly probable) that we will sign both types this summer - that is the over and under whelming type of player.

That would be hugely underwhelming!

I still think we will be signing some top top players.

We need to sign 2/3 top players and then some squad players so we will see the odd player of this profile. We aren't top 4 yet after all!

I hope you are all sitting down because I've just been told, by a normally reliable source, that we are currently holding talks with Titus Bramble :shock:

I hope you are all sitting down because I've just been told, by a normally reliable source, that we are currently holding talks with Titus Bramble :shock:

:crylaugh:

good joke.

That would concern me severely. If he is signed, which I sincerely doubt, then it can only be as a back up. Ridgewell is much better than him and much younger. If we sold him and replaced him with Bramble then I would be mystified. Still I don't believe it for a minute.