Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nothing wrong having concerns about our club when you see many other clubs has proof of getting players in...

I know we will sign players to Villa...but what kind of players will it be? That is the question. Everyone knows you cant get Ronaldinho...but what quality is coming our way...that is a very important question to make.

And to all of you that gets annoyed and irritated about things on this thread...look away for a moment...then look again...what does this thread sentence say?

Dont moan about people moaning...try to understand that everyone is concerned about our club and what kind of quality MON will get to the club. Maybe we´ll be shocked at the quality he brings on...maybe we get disappointed because Villa has problems getting big names.

We dont know what to expect from the new regime this summer so please have that in mind when you have a go at people that doesnt feel as sure as you about the summer activity and what it will bring to us.

Man U made a lovely double in Nani and Anderson. What they will do on the pitch together with C. Ronaldo everyone can guess. I bet this deal hurt Moaninho, Benitez and Wenger...and of course Jol.

and ontop of that jez we have the pleasure of you telling us that virtually every decent player we are linked with won't come.

It might not be panic but it's a stupid negative attitude

So let me get this straight, if i think we wont sign someone (some would say being realistic) that is being negative?

Ok right have you ever said we wont sign anyone?

Can nobody say they think we wont sign anyone because that is being negative?

What if someone suggests we might sign Henry and people say no chance, is that being negative or realistic? What would you say?

So no negative posts aloud on this thread is that correct?

If you have anything negative save it for another thread we dont want that nonsense on here, that type of thing?

Whats wrong with people thinking we wont sign so and so?

Is it not their opinion can you not agree or disagree, or just attack them for god dam it, thinking negative!?(or being realistic, in their minds)

This mass hysteria of panicking you pointed out as well, let me know when its more than a few. Up until than its pointless posting remarks to the contrary, about as pointless at kicking off about being negative!

I never pointed out any mass hysteria of panicking, thats you being sarcastic for no reason. I just get annoyed by the constant negativity and i really don't understand why throughout this thread you've been so quick to let the rest of us know why players won't join us. Your obviously entitled to your opinion and to post as much as you like but i don't see what you are accomplishing.

people aren't sugessting players like henry, Sneijder and players like him are quality but not in the henry league.

We have a billionnaire owner, a respected manager, the club are saying all the right things and in january they showed they mean business. I don't see how anyone can possibly be negative about possible transfers this summer.

but what quality is coming our way...that is a very important question to make.

Why is it?

You won't get an answer untill the end of the transfer window, so why start moaning and being negative 3 months before that time comes?

You won't get an answer untill the end of the transfer window, so why start moaning and being negative 3 months before that time comes?

Because its his opinion and just because its not happy go lucky, doesn't make it any less valid than yours.

I didn't see that the rules had changed, that you were not aloud to post negative stuff in the transfer thread!

I really hope we get Sneijder or Rafael van der Vaart. No preference as to which one but if we got either id be elated. Both would be nice though!

Because its his opinion and just because its not happy go lucky, doesn't make it any less valid than yours.

I didn't see that the rules had changed, that you were not aloud to post negative stuff in the transfer thread!

i never said the rules had changed or that you can't post negative things. I clearly said your entitled to do both as much as you want. I just don't get why you'd choose to be like that and what your achieving by constantly expressing this negative view.

Im not convinced by Anderson nor Nani but then i suppose he'll turn out like Christiano Ronaldo.

I have to go along with LukeMoore's opinion, Jez you do seem to rule out any link regardless if there's any validity to it, all because you seem to want to say i told u so.

I await some action nxt week. I haven't expected much at all. Have a look at the sort of teams that are moving and then have alook at who's moving. Liverpool were the only big team to make any moves and they brought in a load of youth players.

I really hope we sign someon just so people stop their pointless moaning. This is getting so tiresome and ot happened last time but the squad came out very strong by the end. alot of you are so bloody impatient. You expect instant results. The same people will be calling for MONs head if we don't finish top

i never said the rules had changed or that you can't post negative things. I clearly said your entitled to do both as much as you want. I just don't get why you'd choose to be like that and what your achieving by constantly expressing this negative view.

I express negative views when i think the players being linked are ridiculous, if its constant then constantly ridiculous players are being linked.

What you have failed to notice by the looks of things is that i dont do it for all players, there are plenty of players i think Villa will sign and say so.

I would also be delighted if Villa signed any players from either camp of realistic and un-realisitic.

Its got nothing to do with so i say i told you so either, i would be delieighted if we signed some of the players we are linked too. I am much more concerned about that, than being able to say i told you so!

I'm not going to apologise for my realistic opinions upsetting you, why should i?

Is not wearing claret specs all the time that much of a bad thing, i'm never putting Villa down i am being realistic imo and thats all it is my opinion.

but what quality is coming our way...that is a very important question to make.

Why is it?

Who is moaning and being negative? I can say one thing and that is that I´m not naive...

I worry about Aston Villa FC until I see proof we wont be runned over in the transfer market. Expectations is high and I just hope that the club forfill the promise they´ve made to the fans or it will be a sad summer. Some people on here is allergic to making valid questions on the transfer policy just because we have MON and Lerner. Have any of them promised you success so that you already have all the true facts available for you?

Stop telling me what to say and what to do in a thread that is clearly made for this kind of discussions. If you dont like to read this you can visit another thread that wont bother you about people being worried.

We are fans of Aston Villa FC and it is natural that we care and that we feel tense about this...

Even Rafa Benitez is showing concerns about what players he can attract to Liverpool...and HE HAS ALL THE FACTS!

We dont know anything and the press is going crazy on linking us with all kind of players...some good...and some would not improve us at all.

Let me worry about my favourite club Aston Villa FC.

I hope to God that the General is too busy to read this thread, what a shambles some of the comments are on here. We either have no chance of getting so and so or we are not showing our ambition or so and so is a prick for making a suggestion. We are not into June yet and already the daft arguments start. No doubts this thread will be locked.

On Villa. MON will surprise us with one or two and not surprise us with others. No doubts some of the names mentioned within this thread are realistic targets and some won't be. I agree with whoever said it that we probably already have one or two transfers agreed but because of circumstances, holidays, international games etc etc etc we cant complete the transfers at the moment. We have to be patient. There is absolutely no way that we will go into next season without at least three or four very good signings. Probably not world class but certainly good enough to get our credibility levels up and prepare us for the next step up. Maybe I am totally wrong though and we will sign the likes of Quaresma, who knows. Patience, please.

I hope to God that the General is too busy to read this thread, what a shambles some of the comments are on here. We either have no chance of getting so and so or we are not showing our ambition or so and so is a prick for making a suggestion. We are not into June yet and already the daft arguments start. No doubts this thread will be locked.

On Villa. MON will surprise us with one or two and not surprise us with others. No doubts some of the names mentioned within this thread are realistic targets and some won't be. I agree with whoever said it that we probably already have one or two transfers agreed but because of circumstances, holidays, international games etc etc etc we cant complete the transfers at the moment. We have to be patient. There is absolutely no way that we will go into next season without at least three or four very good signings. Probably not world class but certainly good enough to get our credibility levels up and prepare us for the next step up. Maybe I am totally wrong though and we will sign the likes of Quaresma, who knows. Patience, please.

Steve, i applaud you.

Im really not that bothered about us not signing anyone just over 10 days after the season has finished, i will be a little apprehensive if we haven't signed anyone before the end of July, and thats a long way off.

I think even if our first signing is some kid from league two we should still stay patient and get behind MON and the club. I know it's hard, and believe me, I am the most impatient person in the world, we have to stay positive, and patient. The club WILL NOT let us down.

I dont see this impatience, there has been a few inpatient posts but nothing more. :?

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Anyone moaning now is mad, simple as that!