Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

The transfer window isn't even officialy open, hardly any teams have signed anyone and those that have haven't really signed anyone big

Oh god dont say that!

I expect a new news report from the club in the next few weeks if we haven't signed anyone, to keep the fans sweet as such.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two more off sky sports "your view" maybe its not just the general that uses the internet but i think the 1st one is a blue nose winding us up

i have it on good authority that Villa have agreed a £8M deal with Bayern Munich for Phillipe Lahm, and they are also signing Wesley Sneijder from Ajax for £8.5M. Villa are also in talks with Darren Bent for a £10.7M deal.

R Lerner - Birmingham

my uncle works at the birmningham airport and says he saw none other than Ajax's Urby Emanuelson arriving and says he is here for talks with Martin O'Neil, he claims that it is likely that team-mate Wesley Sneijder will join him in the next fortnight.

harry neuberman - sutton coldfield

Probably Holtendhero, but is is nice to see the bluenoses linking these players to the Villa. Better than the players they have been linked with; Bramble, Kisnorbo, Jerome Thomas, players that are still out of their league :D

The transfer window isn't even officialy open, hardly any teams have signed anyone and those that have haven't really signed anyone big

So the window has stopped teams from signing players?

two more off sky sports "your view" maybe its not just the general that uses the internet but i think the 1st one is a blue nose winding us up

i have it on good authority that Villa have agreed a £8M deal with Bayern Munich for Phillipe Lahm, and they are also signing Wesley Sneijder from Ajax for £8.5M. Villa are also in talks with Darren Bent for a £10.7M deal.

R Lerner - Birmingham

my uncle works at the birmningham airport and says he saw none other than Ajax's Urby Emanuelson arriving and says he is here for talks with Martin O'Neil, he claims that it is likely that team-mate Wesley Sneijder will join him in the next fortnight.

harry neuberman - sutton coldfield

:crylaugh: and i guess people just know what urby emanuelson looks like!I've never even heard of him.

R Lerner - Birmingham

I'm surprised no-one has picked up on the provider of this rumour :?

So the window has stopped teams from signing players?

We've been here before. I think the point is that there is still loads of time left, not that there is any barrier in place.

R Lerner - Birmingham

And people question when i say its aload of shit! :roll:

LA Galaxy president Alexei Lalas has admitted David Beckham could be loaned out to a European team, but this stance has not been adopted by the club's coach Frank Yallop.

Beckham's return to the England fold has heightened speculation he could be loaned to a team in Europe when the MLS season ends in November, in order to boost his chances of playing at Euro 2008.

Galaxy officials initially gave the rumour short shrift, but Lalas' stance has since softened.

"We always consider possibilities that will make the player better as a soccer player and therefore make him a much more valuable asset because of that experience of going to play with another team on loan, or if we felt it made proper business sense and it is usually a combination of the two," Lalas said on Sky Sports News.

Yallop, though, believes Beckham would be better served putting his feet up once the American season draws to a close.

"We have a long season and a long pre-season, so he will need the break at the end of our season in October or November," said Yallop.

"We will need to give him a break and he will need a test, so I don't see any loan deals going on with David."

Beckham has not been drawn to comment on the speculation, but has made no secret of his desire to extend his England career and a loan move could suit the 32-year-old.

Get him on loan in jan

R Lerner - Birmingham

And people question when i say its aload of shit! :roll:

Undoubtedly is shit, but imagine if we did sign those three!!!

I think Villa should go a bit German. There are so many good German players that could easily take us to CL and they haven't been snapped up i.e. Podolski, Klose, Mertesacker, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Friedrich etc etc

I think the point is that there is still loads of time left, not that there is any barrier in place

Exactly Brian, that is certainly how I see it.

I just get the impression that some feel we cannot sign players until after the window "officially opens". Not true.

Mind you there also seems to be some panicking that we haven't signed anyone yet. Which is confusing if they are theb same person :lol:

the point i was trying to make was indeed that there is loads of time left, not that there is any barrier in place. That's why i said "officially" open because there is technically only 2 months to sign players yet there is a long time before that where deals can be made. Thats why i don't understand why people are panicing

**Update** incase anyone is panicking, anyone? Nope, ok will post just incase (nobody acquired anyone since i last posted but keeping it up at the front)

• [*:0777f824b1]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:0777f824b1]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:0777f824b1]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:0777f824b1]Chelsea
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:0777f824b1]Derby
    None
    [*:0777f824b1]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:0777f824b1]Fulham
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    Krizstian Nemeth
    Andras Simon
    [*:0777f824b1]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Manchester United
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:0777f824b1]Newcastle United
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Portsmouth
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:0777f824b1]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:0777f824b1]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:0777f824b1]West Ham
    None.
    [*:0777f824b1]Wigan Athletic
    None.

I think Villa should go a bit German. There are so many good German players that could easily take us to CL and they haven't been snapped up i.e. Podolski, Klose, Mertesacker, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Friedrich etc etc

Podolski - plays for Bayern so probably wouldn't leave

Klose - seeing out the last year of his contract - free this time next year

Mertesacker - Plays for Bremen and is taller than Carew, would be great buy!

Lahm - plays for Bayern so probably wouldn't leave

Schweinsteiger - plays for Bayern so probably wouldn't leave

Friedrich - At Hertha Berlin but i dont know much about him.

I mentioned Klose a few times in the summer, would like him

I also think Lahm would be an excellent signing

**Update** incase anyone is panicking, anyone? Nope, ok will post just incase (nobody acquired anyone since i last posted but keeping it up at the front)

• [*:acc7cb31e5]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Chelsea
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Derby
    None
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Fulham
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    Krizstian Nemeth
    Andras Simon
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Manchester United
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Newcastle United
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Portsmouth
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:acc7cb31e5]West Ham
    None.
    [*:acc7cb31e5]Wigan Athletic
    None.

What point is this trying to make?

Half the clubs have no signings to their name while a further 4 just have free transfer signings to their name!

Dear me.