Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Bent was similar when he was in the championship was he not Ian?

Worth a similar gamble for Nugent...

Bent scored 47 goals in 107 games forIpswich nearly one in two

Nugent is 33 in 83 games just over one in three

is that different ?

anyway doubt MON wants Nugent

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is rubbish but addictive.

Much like a scotch egg.

Oh, and I am the only one that feels a little embarassed about being linked with Harry Kewell?

Aston Villa, like. Not me personally.

Yes, you're right there (the scotch egg bit)., as for Kewel, well, I'm sure we can do better than that. Great player in his time though. Shame it's past.

Can someone close this thread? It's full of no news, loads of bullshit, but I can't stop checking it. The amount of time I'm wasting is ridiculous. Please help me.

Does it help that I tell you that you´re not alone? :(:lol:

So then guys, slight change in topic. When we will make our first signing?

i'm going for 1 during June, so hopefully some news during the next 4 weeks. :D

Early next week. Trust me!

462 pages and absolutely nothing concrete! God help us if something does happen as the 100+ Baros thread will pale into insignificance.

This must bne one of the most useless threads ever ..... started with good intention but then just driting into playground antics and petty squabbloes.

Have we signed DeFoe yet? :)

Don't knock this Kewell thing, just think about it.

Come December when injuries and suspensions take effect,

we will have (prob) Barry, Berger, Maloney, Davis (hopefully), Young, Petrov, prob another - prob Reo Coker - if any of those are injured Kewell is not a bad 8th choice

midfielder !!! - bit better on the bench than Whittingham and Osbourne (although give it two years and he may come through).

A midfield of Barry, Petrov , Reo Coker, Young - with maloney , Kewell, Davis, Berger as back up don't look a bad midfield to me... we are not gonna get Joe Cole, Gerrard and Essien so face up to it (and all that doesn't include Bellamy who I reckon is earmarked for what I would call - The Tommy Johnson role !!)

Whats all the panic about, Jagielka if he chose Everton ahead of us then fair enough and its a big IF. MON has got some aces up his sleeve and he is too clever to let them out until he has something to tell us.

we will have (prob) Barry, Berger, Maloney, Davis (hopefully), Young, Petrov, prob another - prob Reo Coker - if any of those are injured Kewell is not a bad 8th choice

midfielder !!! - bit better on the bench than Whittingham and Osbourne (although give it two years and he may come through).

A midfield of Barry, Petrov , Reo Coker, Young - with maloney , Kewell, Davis, Berger as back up don't look a bad midfield to me... we are not gonna get Joe Cole, Gerrard and Essien so face up to it (and all that doesn't include Bellamy who I reckon is earmarked for what I would call - The Tommy Johnson role !!)

just about spot on, some people o here after years of Ellisian thinking don't get the idea of a competitive squad.

Berger is a perfect example of this

just about spot on, some people o here after years of Ellisian thinking don't get the idea of a competitive squad.

You really are obsessed.

We all know what a competitive squad is, but there are some of us think that Kewell is a bag of tosswank.

Can someone close this thread? It's full of no news, loads of bullshit, but I can't stop checking it. The amount of time I'm wasting is ridiculous. Please help me.

Does it help that I tell you that you´re not alone? :(:lol:

You know, that's just what my doctor said.

I think there is panic when we start reading too much about what other clubs are doing, like bringing up links about Jagielka, Even the press don't really know who we are after, Everytime i see a link on here i see it in the papers about a week or so later. Sissoko will be mentioned soon lol!

how about a mixture of the two

and this thing about Nugent, no better than Koumas, in fact I would say Koumas is the betterplayer, relative to their positions

Is one not a striker and one a midfielder :?

IMO Koumas Is a better midfielder than Nugent a Striker.

You really are obsessed.

We all know what a competitive squad is, but there are some of us think that Kewell is a bag of tosswank.

I have not said anything about Kewell have I ?

people need to understand that what we might see are two/three big signings and some cheappies, just like the winter, that is the template.

I back MON on any signings even Bellamy maybe !!!