Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Just a thought but maybe a sticky could be created called "The heated arguing thread" and any who feel the need could vent their own opinions, abuse each other to their hearts content then those of us who would rather not listen barring the Mods or maybe as well as, could avoid it permanently!!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but maybe a sticky could be created called "The heated arguing thread" and any who feel the need could vent their own opinions, abuse each other to their hearts content then those of us who would rather not listen barring the Mods or maybe as well as, could avoid it permanently!!

That's a totaly stupid idea you complete cock. Nobody would use it you moron so keep your stupid ideas to yourself because i don't want to hear them ;)

:angry:

that sort of thing?

That's a totaly stupid idea you complete cock. Nobody would use it you moron so keep your stupid ideas to yourself because i don't want to hear them ;)

:angry:

that sort of thing?

ha ha lol yeah that kind of thing (come to think of it might be worth dropping in on occasionally!!)

Why would be want Sissoko, we already have a midfielder who can only tackle yet cannot pass, I dont care if he plays for Liverplop!

Because he would be a big upgrade on our squad no question.

Why would be want Sissoko, we already have a midfielder who can only tackle yet cannot pass, I dont care if he plays for Liverplop!

Hmm, not convinced.

Don't bother trying to explain krr, as certain people will still fail to comprehend it.

Cut it out or you'll get banned. The post had nothing to do with you but because it was aimed at Jez you had to stick your nose in. Last warning - CV

Don't bother trying to explain krr, as certain people will still fail to comprehend it.

Or certain people may actually be wrong, anyway its only an opinions.

Some people think Ferriera is good, if he wasn't at a big club he wouldn't be even mentioned because of how cack he is. If Sissko wasn't at Liverplop nobody would give a monkeys.

Sissoko can tackle and cannot pass, i dont see the difference from McCann both are half decent DM's.

Just my opinion mind, i could be wrong i'm sure someone will point out my failings ;)

Back on the topic of useless and unrealistic speculation. Francesco Totti scored 2 goals today to finish with 26 in Serie A. Do you think he's ready for a big time move to Villa Park? :shock:

ha ha ha,not a chance.he's 1 of the best players in europe.

i think the signings that we are the closest to completing are bellamy,taylor,and NRC.Would be delighted to see all of them at the villa.Of course,we still have some "big name" signings to look forward to.That is the assumption i got from reading storey-moore's comments.

i think the signings that we are the closest to completing are bellamy,taylor,and NRC.Would be delighted to see all of them at the villa.Of course,we still have some "big name" signings to look forward to.That is the assumption i got from reading storey-moore's comments.

Yeah but as someone said yesterday the scary part about it is that just those three would mean an investment of £25M plus and our squad wouldn't look that much different to what it does we would still not have made a single big signing. But I wouldn't be complaining ...they're all English/British players, played in the Premiership and all that! If the budget is £30M then how much else will Randy need to spend?

where is this interview i didnt see it myself

Our squad wouldn't look much different if we signed Bellamy, NRC and Taylor?!

Come on! Give me a break.

We would have done anything last year to be linked with those sorta players never mind actually buying them.

Bellamy - shit hot at Blackburn, Newcastle and Celtic - would score us 15+ goals easily injury free.

NRC- the lad that has taken so much stick from the so called West Ham 'faithful', yet along with Tevez was a major reason they stayed up, and undoubtedly one of the major reasons for their success the year before. All the big teams were looking at him for £10m plus.

Taylor - represents a player that can win a game out of nothing. Can play left mid or left back and would be a terrific squad player. Better than what we've had in the past, ala Peter Whittingham and Jlloyd Samuel.

Think some of us are getting a bit above ourselves here.

He's a man in the know and chief scout Ian Storey-Moore insists Villa fans are set for an exciting summer when Martin O'Neill's transfer plans come to fruition.

Storey-Moore has helped O'Neill draw-up the summer shopping list after an exhausting schedule of games across Europe over the last nine months.

And, though all appears to be quiet on the transfer front at the moment, Villa's chief scout has assured fans every effort is being made to bolster the squad.

He said: "We are working hard behind the scenes, both Martin and I, to bring in some fresh faces. I've been to numerous games abroad, and we've had other scouts all over the place as well.

"We have worked extremely hard throughout the season. I can't think of how many games I have been to. I have put my heart and soul into it, and I just hope we can fulfill our targets.

"This is a great club with a great manager, so you always want to put everything into it. "If things for some reason don't work out then it won't be for the lack of effort.

"I've done a lot of miles on the road this season but hopefully it will pay dividends and we can reap the rewards with the players we want in."

Storey-Moore added: "It's fair to say that we know who we want. Patience can be a key word. It is general knowledge that it is not always easy to get the players you want for various reasons.

"A lot of people get involved. It is not like the old days when the manager and the player just agree the deal face-to-face.

"Just speaking generally, one day you could have Joe Bloggs represent a player... the next it is Fred Binns...and the next day it is someone else. At times it is difficult to find out who represents the player.

"Then another agent turns around and says he has a mandate to represent the club, so it is messy at times. But am I excited? Yes, if we get the players we are after."

Ian Storey-Moore's quote

Back on the topic of useless and unrealistic speculation. Francesco Totti scored 2 goals today to finish with 26 in Serie A. Do you think he's ready for a big time move to Villa Park? :shock:

and Villa intend to be one of the best teams in europe.

He's a man in the know and chief scout Ian Storey-Moore insists Villa fans are set for an exciting summer when Martin O'Neill's transfer plans come to fruition.

Storey-Moore has helped O'Neill draw-up the summer shopping list after an exhausting schedule of games across Europe over the last nine months.

And, though all appears to be quiet on the transfer front at the moment, Villa's chief scout has assured fans every effort is being made to bolster the squad.

He said: "We are working hard behind the scenes, both Martin and I, to bring in some fresh faces. I've been to numerous games abroad, and we've had other scouts all over the place as well.

"We have worked extremely hard throughout the season. I can't think of how many games I have been to. I have put my heart and soul into it, and I just hope we can fulfill our targets.

"This is a great club with a great manager, so you always want to put everything into it. "If things for some reason don't work out then it won't be for the lack of effort.

"I've done a lot of miles on the road this season but hopefully it will pay dividends and we can reap the rewards with the players we want in."

Storey-Moore added: "It's fair to say that we know who we want. Patience can be a key word. It is general knowledge that it is not always easy to get the players you want for various reasons.

"A lot of people get involved. It is not like the old days when the manager and the player just agree the deal face-to-face.

"Just speaking generally, one day you could have Joe Bloggs represent a player... the next it is Fred Binns...and the next day it is someone else. At times it is difficult to find out who represents the player.

"Then another agent turns around and says he has a mandate to represent the club, so it is messy at times. But am I excited? Yes, if we get the players we are after."

Ian Storey-Moore's quote

Cheers mate thanks.

In today's Scottish News Of The World there is a 2 page article on Craig Gordon. In the interview with Gordon there is a paragraph dedicated to each of the teams linked with him (Arsenal, Villa, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Celtic & Rangers, Spartak Moscow and Tottenham).

On Villa he says :

I swear I wasn't even aware Martin O'Neill was at Kilmarnock last week! I only found out afterwards. But there's no guarantee he was looking at me. He might have been there to look at Stevie Naismith or any one of a number of players. Obviously he was there watching somebody but you can't assume it's yourself. I dare say people do come to watch me on aregular basis - it's part and parcel of football.

Villa is a big club with a lot of potential and they finished the season very strongly. They appear to have a serious financial backing and seem very ambitious, so yeah it's the type of club you'd have to seriously consider. But as yet, they haven't made any interest known, so there's absolutely nothing for me to think about.

and Villa intend to be one of the best teams in europe.

for sure but do you not think its a little early for Totti and the like..dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind it.

Looks like Gordon would love to join us.

I see Matty Taylor is now linked with Liverpool and Spurs.

Can't be that bad a signing now can he? Now the teams that we feel will beat us for EVERY transfer are after him too! :roll: