Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd love SWP at villa,I can't see it happening.Towards the end of the season,he was getting a run out in the team and was performing well.Talking about bidding for players we didn't get, how abou Milner?
I love Milners' attitude and ability, but surely Ashley Young has made right wing his own position with the way he finished the season.

Ashley's favourite position is wide left.

As much as I'd love SWP at villa,I can't see it happening.Towards the end of the season,he was getting a run out in the team and was performing well.Talking about bidding for players we didn't get, how abou Milner?
I love Milners' attitude and ability, but surely Ashley Young has made right wing his own position with the way he finished the season.

Ashley's favourite position is wide left.

If that is the case and he can cross as well from the left as he has from the right then we should buy Bentley for the right wing job. Now that would tie a few teams up in knots!

Im sure i read somewhere that Ash said he prefers playing on the left!!! so maybe next year it might be...

young..........barry.............nrc..............swp

awesome

and julieb i agree that those prices are a bit conservative and didnt realise it was that much....randy will have to dig deep this summer!!!

Im sure i read somewhere that Ash said he prefers playing on the left!!! so maybe next year it might be...

awesome

and julieb i agree that those prices are a bit conservative and didnt realise it was that much....randy will have to dig deep this summer!!!

YES! That is it, go and put that midfield together MON!

I can't see us being interested in Wright Phillips anymore. Not since we signed Shaun Maloney.

Well MON said it was something he would pursue again in the summer so who knows...

I can't see us being interested in Wright Phillips anymore. Not since we signed Shaun Maloney.

not since we signed young, remember we tried for SWP on loan first ..

"We did make a bid for Wright-Phillips - but I must stress this was in addition to anything we were trying to sort out with Ashley Young," O'Neill explained.

"It wasn't a case of Wright-Phillips instead of Young. Absolutely not.

"In terms of a permanent move, Wright-Phillips wanted more time to think about it and I can understand that. However, the loan was something he was interested in and, you never know we might revisit it during the summer."

awesome

YES! That is it, go and put that midfield together MON!

There's going to be blood spilt at Bodymoor Heath because Gardner has promised to fight any new signings for a place in the starting line up. He's been seen pounding the streets of Brum in the last few days so he's definitely going to be up for it!

Guest VillaFan1

**** MCcann as i dont rate him at all he proved his worth at the end of the season with some absolute doomers !

**** MCcann i wish we could of got simplicio a while back now that would be a good replacement for him !

**** MCcann as i dont rate him at all he proved his worth at the end of the season with some absolute doomers !

**** MCcann i wish we could of got simplicio a while back now that would be a good replacement for him !

Out of order Villafan! McCann did his best for us and if his best is not now good enough then there is no need to abuse a player who always gave 100 percent for us.

With regards to Bellamy again, I just don't see what he would bring that we haven't already got!

We need a pure, proven, out and out goalscorer.

Bellamy is not this.

no he isn't but I think MON see's him and Carew as a good partnership ...

bellamy is certainly a player to split views, if we signed him the thread would go to 50 pages plus ...

With regards to Bellamy again, I just don't see what he would bring that we haven't already got!

We need a pure, proven, out and out goalscorer.

Bellamy is not this.

no he isn't but I think MON see's him and Carew as a good partnership ...

bellamy is certainly a player to split views, if we signed him the thread would go to 50 pages plus ...

Gabby is a better player/partner for Carew