Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Next season our nearest goal should be to finish above Everton and Newcastle. That leaves us in 6th behind Tottenham and the top four. Bolton are going to fade away without any doubt, other than that I don't see who can challenge us. Blackburn have had their little spell and with no money Hughes is going to struggle. Everything can happen in football and as long as we make better deals than Everton and Nufc in the summer I am happy.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should go for Reo-Coke if he is available! :thumb:

Errrrm.....no!

Barton everytime over Reo-coker.

He's shite.

Errrrm.....yes!

I would rather have someone who is good at football not good at putting out cigars in peoples eyes!

Putting cigars in peoples eyes doesn't support your reference to being 'good at football'. To say Reo Coker is better than Barton shows your lack of knowledge on both players. Barton is absoloute class. A tit off the pitch at times, I agree. But with the right club, showing ambition, he'd be fine. My opinion of course.

if we get bellamy then our strikers would be gabby,bellamy,moore,carew.If touch wood,carew gets injured and misses a huge part of the season,does this mean we will play without a targetman?The rest are all under 6 feet.Unless we sign a targetman as backup but that would leave us with 5 strikers.

Joey Barton

People need a change of environment sometimes, and even though he seems like a clearing in the woods he could adapt easily. He might have been unlucky with the situations which have occured, even though reading the story about his brother is pretty concerning. Poor genes?

Joey Barton

People need a change of environment sometimes, and even though he seems like a clearing in the woods he could adapt easily. He might have been unlucky with the situations which have occured, even though reading the story about his brother is pretty concerning. Poor genes?

I think a player like himself is absoloutely what we need. Someone who is going to be a pest for the other team, strike fear into them (probably because they don't know what tackle is forthcoming :P). But with that, is genuinly a very good footballer. Joey Barton is, he has the ability to play as a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder, and at £5m is a snip.

Next season our nearest goal should be to finish above Everton and Newcastle. That leaves us in 6th behind Tottenham and the top four. Bolton are going to fade away without any doubt, other than that I don't see who can challenge us. Blackburn have had their little spell and with no money Hughes is going to struggle. Everything can happen in football and as long as we make better deals than Everton and Nufc in the summer I am happy.

And why should we be behind Spurs? :roll: , they've added a 17 year old untested left back to one of the worst defences in the league, i can't see Bale making much difference to it,

on another topic, just watching Bellamy now for Wales and he's done ok, scored a nice first time strike in the box, if he's still the player he was at Blackburn then he'd be worth the risk, i just hope that Gabby and Luke don't get pissed off because i still believe they have the potential to be better than Bellamy.

if we get bellamy then our strikers would be gabby,bellamy,moore,carew.If touch wood,carew gets injured and misses a huge part of the season,does this mean we will play without a targetman?The rest are all under 6 feet.Unless we sign a targetman as backup but that would leave us with 5 strikers.

You don't really need a target man for every game. Although a team such as us with the tactics we play pretty much suggests we need it! I am dreaming of Darren Bent but I am pretty much resigned to the fact that we are never going to sign him. firstly because it looks like we are going to sign Bellamy and secondly because the competition is going to be very fierce. If Spurs sign him as suggested by various visitors on here, however, they would be two steps ahead of us as Bent/Berbatov would be the best striking pair in the Premiership. Both extremely ambitious and all that. Could Carew play with Bent? It's probably not the best pairing, but why not? It's not often you see the striking ability in players this day of age, hence the low number of goals scored by strikers in the Prem this season, but in the right club Darren Bent could be the next 25 goals player. If he leaves, I hope he opts for Arsenal or Liverpool and not Tottenham.

And why should we be behind Spurs? :roll: , they've added a 17 year old untested left back to one of the worst defences in the league, i can't see Bale making much difference to it,

on another topic, just watching Bellamy now for Wales and he's done ok, scored a nice first time strike in the box, if he's still the player he was at Blackburn then he'd be worth the risk, i just hope that Gabby and Luke don't get pissed off because i still believe they have the potential to be better than Bellamy.

They are poor at the back because they are excellent going forward. Who is to say they are going to be equally poor next time around? They have the same financial muscle as us and are a few years ahead of us really. They have finished in 5th two years in a row and we have finished 16th/11th and they are able to attract better players than us. I am just being a realist, on paper they should finish 4th-5th next season, I hope we finish 6th. We are all going to have other opinions come August though, when we (and they) have signed new players. So let's wait and see.

Bellamy has scored again.

He is a good player, yes he has just scored against New Zealand I think, so not very challenging opposition but he definately knows where the goal is and I think he would be good for us. 12million no i dont think thats right but I think we will pay it because frankly no one else will and we need a striker and he is the most getable for us, ties from Celtic etc.

So I think we should expect Bellamy to be lining up with Carew for next season and I think they will play well with each other.

... Spurs? ... they've added a 17 year old untested left back to one of the worst defences in the league, i can't see Bale making much difference to it ...

Just a small factual correction: In terms of defenders we've also signed Younes Kaboul (centreback, French U-21 captain). It's not been announced officially yet because the La Ligue season doesn't finish until this weekend.

They are poor at the back because they are excellent going forward. Who is to say they are going to be equally poor next time around? They have the same financial muscle as us and are a few years ahead of us really. They have finished in 5th two years in a row and we have finished 16th/11th and they are able to attract better players than us. I am just being a realist, on paper they should finish 4th-5th next season, I hope we finish 6th. We are all going to have other opinions come August though, when we (and they) have signed new players. So let's wait and see.

Excellent going forward?, didn't we score more than them away from home?, and also we were the only side in the league to score at the top four grounds!!, Spurs are the kind if side to score loads of goals against the lesser sides but when it came to the top four their record is hardly impressive, we also only failed to score 3 times away from home which only Manure could better, their defence is shocking and i can't see it getting any better, i also don't believe in this "two years behind them" crap because Everton and Bolton pushed them all the way for 5th place so it's not like they were miles ahead of everyone under them.