Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely if we were in talks with taylor then sky sports news would have picked up on this by now?

erm those clowns!!... This is VILLA it took 30mins for em to confirm Fair Play Draw League result ... Toon press conference was far more important!

These days we seem to do business behind closed doors and away from the limelight which is better IMO

Been reading on BBC's website on there 606 section about what Pompey fans think of this , most have said why would he leave for a smaller club and that Pompey are showing more ambition than us . Are these arsholes living in a dream world or somethink , they only been in the Premiership 4 years

Answered your own question there :)

Seeing as people on here were talking about DAVIS in the £5m-6m mold, I'm pretty sure Taylor would fetch a little bit more than that with that thinking.

£7m would be my bet.

Davis is a full international, taylor isn't.

How many games/goals did Davis play/score this season?

Seeing as people on here were talking about DAVIS in the £5m-6m mold, I'm pretty sure Taylor would fetch a little bit more than that with that thinking.

£7m would be my bet.

Davis is a full international, taylor isn't.

Stern John is a full international, Gabby Agbonlahor isn't.

I still know which one would be worth more in a sellers market.

Well, as the Portsmouth fans probably rate him at a similar value as we would Gareth Barry (club captain, English, same age, same position, similar goalscoring record) would we be happy with a bid of £4 million from Portsmouth for him?

Taylor is not the Portsmouth lynchpin, he is not the player in that team that makes everything tick and he doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck. As such, he is nowhere near as valuable as Barry regardless of how much the fans value him. I think Appy Arry knows his worth and I would expect no more than £6m to get him.

Taylor is not the Portsmouth lynchpin, he is not the player in that team that makes everything tick and he doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck.

Who would you say was then?

If he moves this summer (and I don't think he will), I would be very surprised if he went for anything under £8 million.

the only things Barry and taylor have in common is a few goals under there belt and favouring their left foot. i cant even believe anyone would try and compare the two. If we paid over 4m then I'd think we paid too much. Which, by the way is exactly what I expect us to do.

And for the record if I were to buy anyone from pompey it would be Gary O'Neil, who probably is pompeys Gareth Barry

Left mid.

TBH i've never seen much of him apart from his wonder goals, i know he is a pretty good defender but is he fast? can he go past people?

I kinda hoped MON would bring in a similar player to young to play on the left.

Taylor is not the Portsmouth lynchpin, he is not the player in that team that makes everything tick and he doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck.

If he moves this summer (and I don't think he will), I would be very surprised if he went for anything under £8 million.

If MON paid 8m for taylor i'd be very very concerned.

Taylor is not worth £8 million. At best he is a £5 million player, especially when you consider that the fee Pompey were rumoured to offer for Barry was around the £4.5 million mark.

If we spend £8 million on him so be it, as long as it doesn't jeapourdise the purchase of other targets, which I am sure it won't!

Like I said before.

They have bought Distin and Heridasson - both can play left back comfortably.

They are buying Muntari - left footed - left midfielder.

They can afford to lose Matt Taylor and I think this is the reason they have bought Herdiasson for sure, and Muntari in some aspects.

I think we'll get him for £5.5m

This was posted by a Portsmouth fan on another site:-

Matty Taylor has a superb shot with either foot and can run all day long but to actually say he is good at the back is to show your limited knowledge of Portsmouth fc and Matty Taylor.

He is poor defensively and must be used further up the park for any impact. He is a natural wing back but in the prem they are found out and exploited by most other sides.

The fact he is English and left footed make him a saleable asset. With the imminent arrival of £7 millionman Sulley Muntari who plays left midfield and with Niko Krancjar also at the club Pompey can afford to sell him.

However, both Spurs and Newcastle will also jump in at some point and if I am honest Spurs will get him!

The price must be at least £5 million maybe more!

I'd pretty much agree with everything bar the Spurs thing. They won't go for Taylor as they want Bale.

I kinda hoped MON would bring in a similar player to young to play on the left.

Me too. It would be a nice balance if we did. It would be nice if we had a pacey threat from both wings, it's so much harder to defend against. Unless a player has a great cross, I'd go for pace on the wing every time.

i wasn't bothered when we paid £8m for Young because he is still very young, i had been watching him last season and he was awesome and i know he will be worth the money.

If we spend £8m on Taylor i would be angry as he is not worth anywhere that much and it would be a blatent waste of money. Pompey would be laughing. It was bad enough paying £6.5m for Petrov

If MON paid 8m for taylor i'd be very very concerned.

I don't think he's worth that and I don't think we'll pay that.

But I do think that with all the takeovers and new TV wealth, players will be going for a lot of money this summer and comparatively more than they were going for last summer.

Portsmouth don't have to sell. It will need to be considerably in their interests to do so, and thus will have to be an inflated price.