Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I also think it is nailed on that bellamy will be in a Villa shirt next season!! Bellamy will bring that bit of nastiness that we need!!

Oh well, least we won't have ALL the excitement of the Fair Play league draw to look forward to then!!...lol :roll:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think it is nailed on that bellamy will be in a Villa shirt next season!! Bellamy will bring that bit of nastiness that we need!!

How does a striker with disciplinary problems help the team?

A defensive midfielder that people know will rough them up i'll give you, but no-one is scared of Bellamy, not at all. The only thing that will worry people is his pace.

I just dont get comments like that at all.

I also do not like Bellamy but MON does. I think that MON wants four strikers at the club. I think he will keep Luke.

MON seems to think that Gabby can either partner Carew or be his substitute. Bellamy's running into the channels is outstanding. He is a very hard working player, who wants to be a winner. He can play very well on either side of a front three or support the target man.He is a very good goal scorer.

I think he is much more of a team player than the likes of Defoe.

Having said that I like Defoe too.

i dont think bellamy has an attitude problem i really dont even carew has lamped risse before and we all know what a great guy the hulk is.I think you have to look at joey barton now he is a real tosser and a trouble maker whereas bellamy is just very very confident and for all the talk about his attitude i dont think it would be a problem as long as he gets along with the manager which he does and no one gives him a putter he is an asset.Although i would not like us to spend more than liverpool paid for him.Im telling you now i will be buzzing if we get taylor i wanted him i just thought it would be impossible to get him away from pompey lets wait and see.edit-**** hell i have just read it and it says we are in talks god i love martin o`neill.

What do we know about the lad Baines from Wigan?

He is pony and highly overrated, Bouma is better.

Not a bad young player though so could always improve. Bale is a better prospect at left back and he has just signed for Spurs!

He is pony

I'm interested to find out what constitutes him being called a pony :)

But yeah, Taylor or Baines would be good additions to the squad, something to build upon.

Newcastle are after Baines aren't they? Thought I heard that anyway. Spurs are getting a great player in Bale :?

i don't think taylor is all that great, outside the shooting. wouldn't see the point in getting baines either, as he'd cost £5m, want to be 1st team and bouma is better. he's off to newcastle anyhow.

Newcastle are after Baines aren't they? Thought I heard that anyway. Spurs are getting a great player in Bale :?

Where has this been confirmed?

It can be argued that Bellamy has an attitude problem but MON can tame him, the same way he tamed berger

And the same way he already tamed Bellamy @ Celtic.

MON had him at Norwich back in the day too I believe.

taylors a very good player besides his spectacular goals,for some reason i watched a lot of pompeys games last season and he gives his all and has a cracking left foot and obviously a knack for scoring goals.

Villa in talks with Pompey's TaylorMay 25 2007

By Lisa Smith

Portsmouth utility player Matthew Taylor is in talks with Aston Villa over a possible move to the Midlands this summer, it was claimed today.

The Oxford-born 25-year-old is considering a move northwards, according to a source close to the player.

Taylor has become a firm favourite with fans at Fratton Park because of his ability to score spectacular volleys from long range.

He would be a useful addition to O'Neill's side because he is not only considered a competent defender but is known for his attacking surges forward, his goal vision and his ability to also adapt to a midfield role.

The former England under- 21 International has long been of interest to the Villa boss but it is understood the Ulsterman will have to fight off competition from Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol and David Moyes at Everton.

The left-sided defender impressed in a string of games this season after missing the start of Pompey's campaign through injury and went on to score nine goals.

Ironically he first drew attention to himself from Villa when he scored his first league goal against them in November.

Taylor, who lives in Oxfordshire with his wife Hannah and baby daughter, also went on to score a penalty in that same match.

He then won two Goal of the Month accolades for his stunning 30-yard strikes against Newcastle and Manchester United to add to a 45-yard Goal of the Season trophy for his screamer against Everton in December 2006.

O'Neill is eager to bolster his squad after they finished 11th in the Premier League - just outside the European contention places.

Villa Chairman Randy Lerner has told his manager he can expect to have up to £30 million to spend over the summer and is believed O'Neill already has his sights set on a string of targets including a goalkeeper, a top striker, a midfielder and two defenders.

Portsmouth will themselves be looking to recoup some funds after splashing out £7 million - a club record transfer fee - for midfielder 22-year-old Sulley Muntari from Italian side Udinese.

Manager Harry Redknapp has also secured the services of defender Sylvain Distin from Manchester City on a free transfer but his wages are rumoured to be just shy of £50,000 a week.

http://tinyurl.com/24tzb2

What do we make of this?!

Would be a great signing.

My scouse mates are telling me that Kewell is having a medical at Villa next week - what a load of bollocks! Injury proned or what.