Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha Richard's done ever so well here. He asked a theoretical question, so before anyone has aneurysm it is possible that we might sign someone of Bents ilk and still have room for Luke. I hope.....
Not saying I necessarily agree, but if that's so, how has he done ever so well? :?

He's sparked a debate over several pages by asking a question that has produced one of the most emotive reactions I've seen on here so far. Thats how he's done well...

I like Luke Moore. But IMO he will never be a top notch player. I have to admit I'm also suprised so many people rate him so highly. Decent prem player, but no more. Gabby on the other hand looks like he could be sensational, Luke has never shown me that he can be in the same league.

EDIT: I know he's scored a hatrick aganst Borough and some decent goals along the way, but I'm ten times more excited about Gabby than Luke and would bite their hand off if a 7m plus luke deal got Bent.

There's a bloke on the icbrum forum who had all the info on the jan transfers, he knew Young was signing before he did, confirmed a striker was joining (which was Carew)a few days before it happened and he was the first to confirm the Maloney signing. He's recently posted this message:

dont doubt the adidas this is the real me i gave good info in january & the same will happen again

all targets have been identified well before now,lots of irons in the fire as we speak

expect good news very soon on 2 super signings

sounds promising.

There's a bloke on the icbrum forum who had all the info on the jan transfers, he knew Young was signing before he did, confirmed a striker was joining (which was Carew)a few days before it happened and he was the first to confirm the Maloney signing. He's recently posted this message:

dont doubt the adidas this is the real me i gave good info in january & the same will happen again

all targets have been identified well before now,lots of irons in the fire as we speak

sounds promising.

look what you've done now, you've made me nervous! :bonk:

I think Villa should go for Julio Baptista. Arsenal has lethim go back to Real Madrid because they choose not to make his deal permanent. I´ve seen enough of Baptista to see that he would give us something special that we dont have now. He´s quick and he is tough to meet. Very athletic. He also has an eye for goal because he made loads for Sevilla before he went to Real Madrid and Baptista was sacrificed by Real because of the Reyes deal.

I like Baptista...

I think Villa should go for Julio Baptista. Arsenal has lethim go back to Real Madrid because they choose not to make his deal permanent. I´ve seen enough of Baptista to see that he would give us something special that we dont have now. He´s quick and he is tough to meet. Very athletic. He also has an eye for goal because he made loads for Sevilla before he went to Real Madrid and Baptista was sacrificed by Real because of the Reyes deal.

I like Baptista...

Would I like that!

IMO Bent is top class and as such, as much as I like Moore (and I do), I think I would sacrifice him. After all, why do you think Moore will play much next season - he's clearly behind Carew & Gabby in the pecking order, so why not bring in Bent who would clearly go into the mix rather than have a 'maybe' sitting on the bench.

With it being a hypothetical scenario with Moore going and Bent coming to us......... why can't we sign Bent and offer Moore on a season long loan. We'd get Bent and we'd also get a years experience for Moore to see if he's going to develop into the player we hope he might.

Everybody benefits...............

If that's what's going to happen???

sounds promising.

I could have written that .....

no real idea eh ?

We are going to get Bellamy anyway.

It makes sense. MON, throughout his time as a manager takes previous players to his new club.

We have seen this at Villa already.

Bellamy(apart from being an annoying arsehole) has scored goals wherever he has gone. He is very fast and also very powerful for a little guy. He has experience in Europe and will be available due to a striker cull at Liverpool.

He also can play on either side of a front three very well indeed.

Last but not least......Loads of pace which MON loves.

Trust me, like it or not, we will get Bellamy.

sounds promising.

I could have written that .....

no real idea eh ?

Last time he was very accurate with all his updates though, confirming when they were having medicals aswell as other things, not sayings it's confirmed or not, it's just an update. Lets just wait and see what happens.