Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Sneijder mentioned a couple of times as a transfer target for us. He looks a great player. What do you think our chances of getting him to come to Villa are, and how much would he cost?

Seen Sneijder mentioned a couple of times as a transfer target for us. He looks a great player. What do you think our chances of getting him to come to Villa are, and how much would he cost?

1. Not much chance of us getting him, Valencia are front runners as they have actually made a bid.

2. Probably around 9 to 10mill, bargin really.

1. Not much chance of us getting him, Valencia are front runners as they have actually made a bid.

2. Probably around 9 to 10mill, bargin really.

IF however he deciedes he would prefare to play in the premiership I then think we would be favorites to sign him.

does van der vaart still play for wolfsburg? surely we can tempt him as they are shit and are not in europe

van der vaart plays for hamburg, and no, i don't believe we can get him, he'll surely want to prove him in the bundesliga

does van der vaart still play for wolfsburg? surely we can tempt him as they are shit and are not in europe

Hamburg, they finished 7th in the Bundesliga. He was their top goal scorer this season, from midfield.

IF however he deciedes he would prefare to play in the premiership I then think we would be favorites to sign him.

If we are even interested and a top 4 club doesn't decide they want him.

Van der Vaart hints at exit

By Chris Ives - Created on 20 Apr 2007

Hamburg captain Rafael van der Vaart has hinted that he may not fulfill his current contract at the AOL Arena.

The Dutch international midfielder is currently tied to the Bundesliga outfit until 2010, but several top European clubs are thought to be watching his situation after a turbulent season that has seen the Rothosen battling relegation.

"One should never say 'never' in this business - things can happen extremely quickly," Van der Vaart said in an interview with Die Welt.

"I cannot stand here now and say that I'll definitely be staying in Hamburg. What would I do if my dream club suddenly came to me with a great offer?"

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld and president Franz Beckenbauer have both expressed their admiration for the 24-year-old in recent interviews, but Van der Vaart denies that the Bavarian giants are a reason for his comments.

"There has been absolutely no contact to FC Bayern," he said.

Clicky

Well I suppose there are a couple of things that give us hope.

Firstly, the MON factor. I believe he could convince anyone with his enthusiasm.

And secondly, as always these days, money. We clearly have a wedge, and these are the type of players that we might have to pay silly wages for at the moment to get to come. We may have to behave like Middlesbrough do in the Premiership if we want to get the best players on the European front.

Firstly, the MON factor. I believe he could convince anyone with his enthusiasm.

And secondly, as always these days, money. We clearly have a wedge, and these are the type of players that we might have to pay silly wages for at the moment to get to come. We may have to behave like Middlesbrough do in the Premiership if we want to get the best players on the European front.

Oh yeah but MON might have looked at and dismissed both Van De Vart and Sneijder.

Oh yeah but MON might have looked at and dismissed both Van De Vart and Sneijder.

Yeah but that could be the case of every single player mentioned on this thread. Meaning no thread would exist.

Yeah but that could be the case of every single player mentioned on this thread. Meaning no thread would exist.

Yup, thats why its a rumours thread as nobody knows who MON wants.

Again with the V-D-Vaart situation, Bayern are the club rumoured. No champions league football, and there own fans consider themselves a smaller club now. Cheeky bid, Prem. football, provided no top, TOP clubs bid too? He'd come here like a shot. And Vincent Kompany is there too.