Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard Craig Bellamy on SKY Sports. Did anyone else catch him?

I read it that he seems resigned to leaving but it is clear he is reluctant to do so and the mention of playing for clubs before whose ambition was to qualify for the CL and to now playing for one that has ambition to win it suggests that he might see a move to us as a step backwards as did Stanley Victor and Baros in the past, with not the best end results for us.

I may be reading it wrong and I guess he has no choice but to boost Liverpool at this point, but I'm still more than a bit concerned about the prospect of us signing him. But, in Martin I trust.

Bellend is the one I would find it hardest to suport MON on.

Yes I trust MON but I see nothing inn Bellend that suggests he is better than say Gabby or Moore

I don't know about that, when on form he terrorises pretty much any defence. Barca couldn't handle him and they are European champions.

Has anyone heard about this Rio Mavuba kid, from Bordeaux?I know nothing of him...but he seems to be a highly rated DM linked with Arsenal etc...., dropping hints tonight that Arsenal is great but have alot of Defensive Midfielders....anyone know anything, is he worth a shot?

Yes I trust MON but I see nothing inn Bellend that suggests he is better than say Gabby or Moore

I'm with you Ian. I'd much prefer Darren Bent.

One concern I would have about signing him is not that he wouldn;t be able to handle himself in the ENglish Prem as he puts himself about a fair bit, but whether he would WANT to handle himself, or just swan around a bit as, in his eyes, hes not at a massive club. Some could argue we're similar to Ajax - but they're HIS club.

Ajax are one of the biggest clubs in europe. :? But we do have the premier league which is a big attraction.

Also haven't Bayern missed out on the Champions League which will dent their chances.?

One concern I would have about signing him is not that he wouldn;t be able to handle himself in the ENglish Prem as he puts himself about a fair bit, but whether he would WANT to handle himself, or just swan around a bit as, in his eyes, hes not at a massive club. Some could argue we're similar to Ajax - but they're HIS club.

Ajax are one of the biggest clubs in europe. :? But we do have the premier league which is a big attraction.

Also haven't Bayern missed out on the Champions League which will dent their chances.?

Ajax are a big club and do have a rich history but they also play in a poor league and have always been a selling club. We are a bigger club in that respect.

I'm with you Ian. I'd much prefer Darren Bent.[/qoute]

I like the look of Doyle, tink he would fit in well or Ashton ....

honestly I don't think we need a small nippy forward, we have two of them ....

Doyle will do nothing this coming year, 1 season wonder imo.

Is that just a random thought?

Err not really, as with Reading i doubt they will be where they finished this season ditto with players like Doyle.

Mavuba is a very good defensive midfielder that I would like to see at Villa.

Also...I read that Mido is on his way out of Spurs...that can mean Defoe staying. Mido for Villa? Well...when he is good he can be brilliant, but he has some attitude issues...and might be too much of a risk for MON to deal with.