Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

My ideal next season line up would be:

GK: Carson/Sorensen

DR: L. Young/ Jordan Collins (Academy future star)

CB: Mellberg/Cahill

CB: Laursen/ Distin/ Ridgewell

LB: Bouma/ Vitorio Antunes/ O'Halloran (Another Academy star in the making)

MR: Young/ Agbonlahor

MC: Petrov/ Reo-Coker or Sidwell/ Davis

MC: Barton/ Gardner/ Osbourne

ML: Maloney/ Barry

ST: Carew/ Moore

ST: Keane/ Agbonlahor

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or should we be looking at getting better strikers than other peoples cast offs!

Smith and the no necked thug would have been good signings under the old regime, however with the backing we now enjoy combined with the popularity of the league in general surely it would be better to go for one of Europe’s leading marksmen such as Huntelaar or Alves.

Who knows, they may turn out to be next years Berbatov!

He might also turn out to be the next Luque. Say what you want about bellamy and/or smith, at least you know what you are getting, and that includes 100% effort on the pitch, particularly in Bellamy's case.

To be honest id go for the gamble!

You do not get to be Europes golden boot winner (As I believe Alves is!) without being a good goal scorer....what ever the league you are plying your trade. Remember a few years back when the same questions were asked of Henrik Larsen!

Alves looks awesome on that video.....34 goals!...reminds me of Luke Moore a little

Could he hack it in the Premiership though??!!!..that's the question as said before.

The following players are available on Bosman free transfers...

Saviola

Pizarro

Basturk

Duscher

Jensen

Mahdavikia

Babic

Distin

Ben Haim

Metzelder

Hildebrand

surely worth a punt... saviola again anyone?

IMO nobody on that list is good enough (maybe Pizarro) to take us up a level. Saviola is very inconsistent in his performances.

Saviola

Pizarro

Basturk

Duscher

Jensen

Mahdavikia

Babic

Distin

Ben Haim

Metzelder

Hildebrand

sign them all up!

especially saviola had some great games for barca.

Saviola

Pizarro

Basturk

Duscher

Jensen

Mahdavikia

Babic

Distin

Ben Haim

Metzelder

Hildebrand

IMO nobody on that list is good enough (maybe Pizarro) to take us up a level. Saviola is very inconsistent in his performances.

None of them? i'd take most of them & pretty much all of them would pretty easily get into our team.

Let's talk about wages and stuff. I think our biggest earner is on about 30-40 big ones, is that correct? Imagining Petrov and Carew are on top of that list?

I now see Terry and Lampard have rejected 5 year contracts worth 115K each and every week, that is almost £6.000.000 which is pretty **** up.

I can see (and I want) our wage list surpassing everything else we have ever witnessed at Villa Park. If we signed a player like Darren Bent I would imagine him

being paid around £50K and a player such as Javier Saviola could cost £60-70K. Jermain Defoe would settle for around £45K but he would easily be our best earner wouldn't he? I think I read somewhere that Villa paid somewhat £32 million every season and that Chelsea paid £100.000.000 more? Sickening!

I believe Saviola is heading to Real Madrid which is slightly bizarre.

He's meant to be on outrageous wages from before the new president took over and that's why they don't want him.

Oh and we can't compare ourselves to a freak show like Chelsea.

Rocafella! Do you think the Terry/Lampard contract rejection issue is because there leaving Chelsea in there minds? or is it the fact do you think there just a pair of greedy b*****ds after more money and willing to stay?

Personally i have a suspision its the earlier one.. plus i also am still in two minds whether Jose will still be there next season aswell!

Personally if i was Jose id leave Chelski!

I don't really know as both have spoken very kindly about their club and manager in recent times. If I wanted to leave the club I would certainly not comment in a good way or praise either the manager or staff members. I have believed for a long time that Mourinho is heading for Real Madrid but recent comments have again made me think perhaps otherwise. If Mourinho was to leave he would bring Terry/Lamps with him for sure, but now it seems they are tying up every player possible with Carvalho just signing a new 5 year contract.

I do however believe that Lampard/Terry are both greedy bastards and possibly browsing for other clubs, Lampard's bird is from Barcelona so it's not hard to do the maths :) ?

Are you kidding me? What an absolute class A dickhead.

What if he is seriously injured after 2 years and can never play again?

That's 5 years and a bunch of millions, football is becoming more and more of a business innit

Do you have a feeling Lampard in particular with a girl from Barcelona is seeing where Mourinho will end up ???

As Barca have blew it, Rijkaard will leave, now Mourinho to Barca is not as daft as it seems ....

Terry to follow ???

I don't know if Lampard wants to go to Barca (girlfriend) or Real Madrid (Mourinho), I guess his chick is more than happy with either just as long as he leaves England. I love England, even though the weather is crap sometimes (I lived in Bergen for a year so I don't mind) but for a supermodel I imagine the sun and beaches are a little more attractive than the football stadiums and atmosphere!

Talking about Barcelona I think them and Moaninho have a bit too much of a grudge towards each other. He seems to be a man of principles and my god is he a little cry baby, I'm sure he hates Barcelona as much as he detests Man Utd and Liverpool :)

Do you have a feeling Lampard in particular with a girl from Barcelona is seeing where Mourinho will end up ???

As Barca have blew it, Rijkaard will leave, now Mourinho to Barca is not as daft as it seems ....

Terry to follow ???

Barca fans absolutely hate Mourinho though.

So we are hoping for:

GK: Boruc

DL: Antunes

DC: Distin

DR: Jagielka

MC: Parker

MR: Bentley

ST: Bent

ST: Defoe

I think MON could turn this into Europe if it was possible to bring some of these into our team :)

Also, a team of this caliber and a European spot would certainly make us attractive for the real star players