Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Chelsea need cover more than most teams due to the number of games they play and Sidwell wouldn't let them down on the occasions they called on him, but imo he would do well to talk to the likes of Scott Parker and SWP whose careers have been affected by their decision to sign for Chelsea.

It is at the very least the death knell for an international career. No way you are gonna get into the england squad if you are playing 5 games a year, unless you are michael owen :lol:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just slagged him, I know, but I still would. If I had to describe the type of striker who I thought would be perfect as a foil for Carew, I would be describing owen.

Sidwell is an athlete with a good attitude and reasonable technique, but who would he replace? Barry is better on the ball and Gardner will score more goals from centre midfield. Petrov could be excellent for us if he settles and gets really fit in the same way that Bouma did.

So is Sidwell good enough, or should we be looking even higher?

38 league matches+ FA Cup, Carling Cup matches

Sad to say Owen would be to much of a gamble imo. Why risk having a great player on the treatment table as much as Owen unfortunately is, when the same money in transfer fee and wages would buy a fit goal machine like Huntelaar.

Sad to say Owen would be to much of a gamble imo. Why risk having a great player on the treatment table as much as Owen unfortunately is, when the same money in transfer fee and wages would buy a fit goal machine like Huntelaar.

I thinksadly that he is never gonna be the immense player he was, and if I really think about it, you are probably right. We could use someone in his mould though.

owen would be crap, we already have 2 sicknotes, why would we want another?

we have to move away from sick note payers, theyre just a waste of money

we need...

Gk - boruc

RB - young or jagielka

CB - distin or mexes

DM - poulsen

AM - sidwell

AS - smith or bellamy

we have to move away from sick note payers, theyre just a waste of money

Eh?

Any player we sign or otherwise could become a sicknote player just as easily as one who comes back and has no more injuries.

Is it me or should we be looking at getting better strikers than other peoples cast offs!

Smith and the no necked thug would have been good signings under the old regime, however with the backing we now enjoy combined with the popularity of the league in general surely it would be better to go for one of Europe’s leading marksmen such as Huntelaar or Alves.

Who knows, they may turn out to be next years Berbatov!

smith or bellamy would do a great job for us!

as the point already mentioned, we would get more goals out of bellamy, but smith can be back up DM! so either really!

smith or bellamy would do a great job for us!

as the point already mentioned, we would get more goals out of bellamy, but smith can be back up DM! so either really!

Allback did a good job for us, but he is barely gonna move us into the position we want to be!