Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried. I've really tried. I cannot keep up with this thread. I need a recap (this is something to maybe put in the original post). Just very quick gloss-over of the key names:

1. The people who have been mentioned in speculation most. I just need names, but if you can supply their current team, great. Projected cost means little this window, apparently, so names and maybe current teams are all I need.

2. The biggest names mentioned.

3. A couple other names you guys find interesting.

This is simply asking for a one-post recap of 283 pages. I'm looking for 10-20 names total and then I can take it from there. The only commentary I need is grouping the names by the categories I laid out. Don't add any names that come solely from you; that's just going to confuse me.

Alfonso Alves has an incredible scoring record

Alves looks absolutely superb. 34 goals in 31 matches this season for a team that finished 5th is outstanding. You should see his Free kicks as well, some of the best ive ever seen. if you look at this on youtube youl see what i mean (2006 - 2007 sc Heerenveen - Feyenoord) 2 belting 35 yarders. Would be over the moon if we signed him and with an asking price of 20million euros he could actually be a better than an english option.

if we signed a Blackburn player, Id prefer it to be Morten Gamst-Pedersen

Am I the only person who thinks this guy is very over rated?

scores the odd thunderbolt that gets him in the papers, not much else

Scores the odd thunderbolt, puts the odd decent cross in, works tirelessly for his team mates. Yeah, other than that he's completely overrated :winkold:

I've tried. I've really tried. I cannot keep up with this thread. I need a recap (this is something to maybe put in the original post). Just very quick gloss-over of the key names:

1. The people who have been mentioned in speculation most. I just need names, but if you can supply their current team, great. Projected cost means little this window, apparently, so names and maybe current teams are all I need.

2. The biggest names mentioned.

3. A couple other names you guys find interesting.

This is simply asking for a one-post recap of 283 pages. I'm looking for 10-20 names total and then I can take it from there. The only commentary I need is grouping the names by the categories I laid out. Don't add any names that come solely from you; that's just going to confuse me.

Lazy bastard. :winkold:

if we signed a Blackburn player, Id prefer it to be Morten Gamst-Pedersen

Am I the only person who thinks this guy is very over rated?

scores the odd thunderbolt that gets him in the papers, not much else

Scores the odd thunderbolt, puts the odd decent cross in, works tirelessly for his team mates. Yeah, other than that he's completely overrated :winkold:

The publicity he gets is more than he deserves therefore hes over-rated. Cos you just described emile heskey

Sorry if this was posted earlier but i found this in The Times Online

Aston Villa want to sign Sheffield United's Nick Montgomery in a £1.4m deal.

Umm....Who?

In the same article it says PORTSMOUTH are signing MUNTARI for £1m!!!!!!

BARGAIN!

Sorry if this was posted earlier but i found this in The Times Online

Aston Villa want to sign Sheffield United's Nick Montgomery in a £1.4m deal.

Umm....Who?

In the same article it says PORTSMOUTH are signing MUNTARI for £1m!!!!!!

BARGAIN!

Yes..and Viduka is wanted by Newcastle and Man U...whereas it is said that Allardyce reckons Viduka to be the best bargain on free transfer this season! We all know what he has done to Bolton getting free transfer players. MON should dig in!

GK: Boruc

Paul Konchesky, who can play every defensive position

LB: Luke Young

CB: Silvan Distan

RW: Ricardo Quaresma

CM Joey Barton

Striker: Darren Bent.

I say hold on to Tommy and Gavin and let them fight for their spots, this is the depth and competition for places that the top clubs all have.

With Bent, we'd have a strike force of

Bent

Carew

Agbonlahor

Moore

and /or

A. Young

Maloney

I can see Moore getting lost in the shuffle next year, which is a shame, bevause he has great potential to bag loads of goals if he starts every game. Such is life when you have depth, but I'll take that problem over previous Ellis teams with zero depth and no hope.

GK: Boruc

Paul Konchesky, who can play every defensive position

LB: Luke Young

CB: Silvan Distan

RW: Ricardo Quaresma

CM Joey Barton

Striker: Darren Bent.

I say hold on to Tommy and Gavin and let them fight for their spots, this is the depth and competition fro places that the top clubs all have.

Young plays right back but it's still a good list, IMO Quaresma is out of our reach

I'd like to see

Boruc

Young/Seitariedis/Heitinga

Distin/Ben-Haim

Sneijder (un-realistic?)

Barton/Appiah/Muntari/Makoun ETC

Huntelaar(Un-realistic?)/Bent/some other top striker

Those coupled with some good youngsters, mabye Antunes (that left-back we're linked with)

Will Mr. O'Neill please play Gareth Barry in central midfield role from now on. We have Maloney and Young on the wings, with who knows who else on the way in, including defenders. Barry has the best vision of all the Villa players, and reads the game very well. He is good going forward and defending, and his lack of pace is not such a liability when he plays in the middle. Give him a year in the middle, and he'll start in front of Lampard next summer for England, mark my word.