Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Robbie Fowler?!

Please don't try and justify that suggestion.

This is the same Fowler that Man City were quite happy to see go?!

(The same City that can't score goals for shit!!)

The same Fowler that has scored 3 goals in a team that is in the Champions League Final?! (All three goals came from the PENALTY spot)

Maybe last year I would have been more open to it, but we don't need a Robbie Fowler, it's merely a stop gap move that will see him just soak money out the club and not do much for us.

If we were after someone like Fowler, we would have surely kept JPA, because JPA would have offered us a lot lot more.

Fowler was once so deadly, but he can't hack it at Premiership level anymore, and we are no longer run by Ellis.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to tend to agree on the Fowler situation. Players end up on a free for a reason, he is well past his prime, he had little or no pace back in the day but the game is seriously fast now and he is a shdaow of his former self.

Seitaridis.

yes,please.Would cost us a lot though.He went to Atletico for 12 mill Euros last season.Plus, he was in my eyes,player of the tournament for Euro 2004.Chelsea seem to be interested in him though.Should try our luck and put in a bid for Daniel Alves.He's also a great rightback.

Forget Fowler just go back to Burnley Social Club and re-sign Andy Lochead..... would do just as good a job!
Who was that laddie on the bench for Sheffield United, the Fitness Coach or something? Only 39! Villa man through and through.

Forget Fowler just go back to Burnley Social Club and re-sign Andy Lochead..... would do just as good a job!
Who was that laddie on the bench for Sheffield United, the Fitness Coach or something? Only 39! Villa man through and through.

Well he did seem a nice boy last time I met him... Brummie lad as well :)

People want FOWLER?!

:crylaugh:

Oh lord.

This isnt stupid as Villa are going through a transition period and I can assure you that Fowler wouldnt be a joke at Villa.

Huntelaar?Yes I would love it...but he is destine for a club involved in Europe!

We need to understand that Villa was placed 11th, we are NOT in Europe yet...but the club has huge potential. It will take us 2 years to be challenging for the top dogs in the football world and in order to do that we need to be in Europe!

Therefore I can see Fowler and Viduka as very good strikers to help the club aim for that spot...we wont get GIANTS as some people seem to think.Dream on boys!

Villa were 11th but for me Fowler should be looking at clubs like wigan. I keep hearing how we finished 11th and we should aim for players of that ilk, but its not true. Our stock is high amongst the media and players. We have MON and we have money. all these things matter more than our final position because players know that this season is the last we'll ever be at that level.

When I think of Fowler i think of his time at Leeds and Citeh. No effort and pining for Liverpool, the club he only wants to play for.

I've seen a few people mention D Bent but I cannot see how he will fit into the Villa mould. He is the sort of striker that has a high work rate outside the box which is something Carew does for us already. They are similar strikers so I think we need someone that will put away those chances that Carew creates. IMO i think Defoe would compliment Carew in this case.

Fowler? Good God no :D

some of those free's are mighty tempting. Some will obviously be out of reach, but who'd have seriously thought that Carew would leave the French Champions and regular CL knockout participants for us? Never underestimate the powers of persuasion...