Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I wouldn't mind Yakubu either seeing as though he stated his desire to leave Boro this week!

He isn't good enough. Made his name in one decent season at Pompey and now is a rich nobody

...and he seems to be a arrogant little prat.

First Nzogbia is an "arrogant little prick", and now Yakubu is apparently a "arrogant little prat", how the feck do you know exactly? :roll: , i'd personally rather focus on what they do on the pitch instead of sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong.

As for Defoe, these rumours are getting very strong now, i'd be surprised if we didn't sign him tbh!!, and i'd also be surprised if Petrov got dropped from central midfield, if we biy quality midfielder i think Barry will move back to the left.

Barry is starting to look the real deal in centre midfield and I would be sorry to see him move back again to the left. Surely the best option is to sign a top class pacy left winger to match Young on the right.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind Yakubu either seeing as though he stated his desire to leave Boro this week!

He isn't good enough. Made his name in one decent season at Pompey and now is a rich nobody

...and he seems to be a arrogant little prat.

First Nzogbia is an "arrogant little prick", and now Yakubu is apparently a "arrogant little prat", how the feck do you know exactly? :roll: , i'd personally rather focus on what they do on the pitch instead of sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong.

As for Defoe, these rumours are getting very strong now, i'd be surprised if we didn't sign him tbh!!, and i'd also be surprised if Petrov got dropped from central midfield, if we biy quality midfielder i think Barry will move back to the left.

Barry is starting to look the real deal in centre midfield and I would be sorry to see him move back again to the left. Surely the best option is to sign a top class pacy left winger to match Young on the right.

Barry has done well there yes, but for me Petrov has been just as good if not better at dictating the play, and Berger too, Barry is decent but for me we can get better players in the middle of the park, someone like Fernandes, Nasri or Toure, all of which i'd say are more creative than Barry, there's not a lot of good young left wingers around who are not at the big clubs already too!!, so it would be easier to switch Barry back to the left and get a better central midfielder.

Bumin ek calm down, its only my opinion. Yakubu might often help little old ladies across the road but i would imagine he is too busy loving himself and thinking he is a gangsta ;)

Thanks for your concern though Sid ;)

TBH defoe and yakubu are similar in the fact that they both go for power rather than your viduka's and berbatov's who go for placement, combined with power, but they rarely smash it. I want someone at villa who can find the bottom corners and just pass/place it into the back of the net - a fox in the box as someone once labelled francis jeffers!! :lol:

Is luke the man for this job? If he is then perhaps our variety of attackers needs someone who shoots with venom i.e yak or defoe - then we have pace in Gabby, power/heading in JC, placement in Moore, and venom shooting in defoe/yak?

Can people please stop talking about certain players like they know them?

You don't know shit about their mentality or how they come along with their

managers. People talk about Ronaldo and how he is a prick etc etc, what they

don't know is that he is the one that arrives first and leaves last from training.

Wouldn't you be a prick if you played for Newcastle, had several incompetent

managers as well as underachieving every year? I know I would be pissed if

some crap player such as Sibierski plays instead of you, even Emre.

Also;

I read Arsenal were ready to bid 6M + Aliadiere last season only for Charles N'Zogbia to sign a new contract with Newcastle. I think he has an amazing talent and he would be a great addition IMO

what they don't know is that he is the one that arrives first and leaves last from training.

Do you know Ronaldo?

what they don't know is that he is the one that arrives first and leaves last from training.

Do you know Ronaldo?

:crylaugh:

Darren Bent worth 20 Million???? If West Ham want to pay that much, there welcome to him. The guy isn't even an International player. We need a striker, but wouldn't pay silly money for Bent. I think the striker will be Bellamy, after the Euro Cup Final we'll know more.

So because Gardner has had a few good games (we finished 11th mind) and finished a volley like Lampard does, we shouldn't be buying a new central midfielder? Now see that's the mentality I am afraid of, it's dangerous to big up your talents and place too much responsibility on his shoulders.

A good few of us liked what we saw from Gardner before this good run of results. He did pretty well with the responsibility against the dogshit last year.

Should we go for Bale? £10m+, now that would be a lot of responsibility. Heskey was good under O'Neill with that responsibility, probably better than he has been for most of the rest of his career.

Well....Kevin Phillips seems to be a good buy for WBA...sad it didnt work out at Villa...but that is not shocking...we have a history of letting flop leave us and then they start scoring goals like they could do it in sleep!