Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

And is 7 years older.

Which in this case I see as a positive, not a negative.

Experience can be just as valuable a commodity as youth, more-so when we're bringing through as much youth as we are.

I'd rather have two years out of Viduka, bringing Gabby and Luke along with him until we're in a position to upgrade. I think in the long-term he'd be far more beneficial for us. And we'd finish higher in the league next season with Viduka, Carew, Luke and Gabby than we would with Yakubu, Carew, Luke and Gabby. I'd put my mortgage on it.

I suppose thats when it gets difficult with the type of player we trying to attract. They all wanna play week in week out.

They may well want to. But nobody should expect to.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we will sign Steve Sidwell in the next few days. You heard it here first. Does anyone know where i can get odds on this?

Nope, but I'll offer you odds that he doesn't

i think we will sign Steve Sidwell in the next few days. You heard it here first. Does anyone know where i can get odds on this?

Lol!

What makes you so sure?!

Has he not pretty much been confirmed as signing for Chelsea?

Mourinho didn't deny it when he was asked.

I just have a sneaky feeling. or maybe im just hoping. They have way to many midfielders. He will only play in January when players leave for Africa but apart from that he would be making a big mistake surely!

I just have a sneaky feeling. or maybe im just hoping. They have way to many midfielders. He will only play in January when players leave for Africa but apart from that he would be making a big mistake surely!

Me, you and the rest of the world know's that but that didn't stop the likes of:-

Scott Parker

Damien Duff

Shaun Wright Phillips

Mateja Kezman

etc etc etc

.....signing for them!

It'll be a bad move for him footballing wise, but a great move financially! But I guess financially he would have got a great deal somewhere else as he was a bosman, but he's seen Chelsea - TWO time premiership champions, runners up this year, fa cup finalists, champs league semi finalists!

Can't blame him, but he won't play much.

Mistake football wise or money wise? I think he'll take the money and not particular care whether he plays or not - bit like Scott Parker / SWP who joined and were wasted. Sidwell will be available again in a year or two when he finds his lack of opportunity frustrates him. And then Villa will be in Champions League and can tell him where to go!

Noticed that Reading have today offered a new contract to Ulises De La Cruz - he has looked good each time I have seen him this season. We would have done better keeping him than signing Aaron Hughes to replace him.

nah, i was on about my bathroom window....just wondered if anyone knew

Preferably when you have a shower.

It might invite peeping toms, but it gets rid of the steam.

I quite like getting steamed up in the shower :winkold: - so I'll keep me bathroom window closed thank you

Don't waste your money mate.

when does the window open?

Well my kitchen window's been open all day.

Still? With the light on? Tut-tut. You'll have a moth in there before you know it.

Not sure about Dukes. He always gives 110% for Australia but when it comes to club football he seems to have an unhealthy knack of finding form when his contract is up. Maybe a 1 year contract considering his age and to keep him hungry?

Id not mind Viduka on a one year deal - he'd be a more than adequate backup for Carew.

Luke Young and Reo-Coker added to him would make for a reasonable summer, with anything else we desperately need added come January once injuries and suspensions kick in.

give Dukes $20k each goal he scores. I guarantee he will get 20-30. hehe.

Nah hes alrite. He is quality for a big man.. good skills and a good finish. Doubt he would leave to play back up to Carew though.