Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Defoe is undoubtedly a quality player but we could get a more suitable player. He seems very similar to Luke and Gabby and would make us slightly predictable up front.

Still, if it is Defoe I wont complain.

Gaby is still very young, and relying on him to be our number one goal scorer next season could be asking a bit much. Defoe is proven Premiership quality, 39 goals for Spuds in 85 starts (+35 as sub) is very good indeed.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be gutted and wonder what Villa scout are doing with there time!!

yeah 21 starts and 10 goals in the prem

our scouts must be stupid if we want a striker like that.

The stats im looking at, says 9 Goals, 32 Games Premier League this season.

Jermain Defoe- One chance, one goal. I’ll be sad to see him go to Aston Villa or Manchester United, because quite frankly Martin Jol does not play him nearly enough.

This on the other hand does indicate that Spurs fans like him.

Nope, it's definitely 10 goals in 20 starts.

Do Villa normally play with two strikers up front, and if so, what would be MON's first choice strike partnership if Defoe came to Villa?

Bent and Defoe

Warm, warm. Carew and Agbonlahor with Moore on the bench. Berbatov and Bent in the reserves. Defoe on loan to Coventry.

Actually its 9 Goals, 32 Games in the Premier League, atleast according to 2 major sites providing stats.

Actually its 9 Goals, 32 Games in the Premier League, atleast according to 2 major sites providing stats.

i think strikers deserve to be judged by the amount of games they've started, funny i'm sure you felt the same when discussing angels record.

Jermain Defoe- One chance, one goal. I’ll be sad to see him go to Aston Villa or Manchester United, because quite frankly Martin Jol does not play him nearly enough.

I believe Defoe is a good player, however, this is just one comment. I could find people on here in support of the likes of Hendrie, Mccann and JPA to name but three. Does that make them anygood? SHould it even make a difference that one Spuds fan likes Defoe? The only person liking defoe that should make a difference is MON, and as yet we do not know that he does!

Well, it's ten goals in twenty starts. With Fourteen appearances as sub.

For the record, the goals were against Portsmouth, Blackburn (A), Wigan, Charlton (H), Us (x2), Newcastle, West Ham, Charlton (A) and Blackburn (H).

Ten goals.

I would say we will probably sign (or attempt to sign) one of either Bellamy, Bent or Defoe. If i were a betting man, i'd be putting my money on Bellamy & not just because he is the only one of the three i've actually heard MON commenting on positively in recent times.

i think strikers deserve to be judged by the amount of games they've started, funny i'm sure you felt the same when discussing angels record.

That is funny, cause i remember you judging JPA on GT mk2 season, where he suffered the life of the wooden bench, and had 12 sub-apparances..

:lol:

I believe Defoe is a good player, however, this is just one comment. I could find people on here in support of the likes of Hendrie, Mccann and JPA to name but three. Does that make them anygood? SHould it even make a difference that one Spuds fan likes Defoe? The only person liking defoe that should make a difference is MON, and as yet we do not know that he does!

That is true, but its always a good when fans are keen to hold on to certain strikers.

WRONG!

Perhaps you could recheck your sites and say which of these games he DIDN'T score in then!

Portsmouth - 1 goal

Blackburn - 1 goal

Wigan - 1 goal

Charlton - 1 goal

Villa - 2 goals

Newcastle - 1 goal

West Ham - 1 goal

Charlton - 1 goal

Blackburn - 1 goal

Total - 10 league goals (confirmed by the BBC and Soccerbase) 34 games played, 14 as sub, ergo 20 starts.

It's 10 goals in 34.

No strikers record has ever been goals/starts.

You do it based on overall appearances, let's not move the goalposts to make Defoe look better than he is.

I don't think anybody's trying to do that, nor do they need to, his goal scoring record wherever he's been is very good.

That is true, but its always a good when fans are keen to hold on to certain strikers.

Some fans were keen to hold onto JPA, Vass, Crouch. Some sha fans were keen to hold onto Emule. Some Plop fans will be keen to hold onto Bellamy.

Does that make any of them good?

Some fans were keen to hold onto JPA, Vass, Crouch. Some sha fans were keen to hold onto Emule. Some Plop fans will be keen to hold onto Bellamy.

Does that make any of them good?

Yes. JPA is very good. Crouch is very good. Vassell was just sold to cheap. Some strikers dont need to score goals to be valuable.

It's 10 goals in 34.

No strikers record has ever been goals/starts.

You do it based on overall appearances, let's not move the goalposts to make Defoe look better than he is.

I don't think anybody's trying to do that, nor do they need to, his goal scoring record wherever he's been is very good.

Maybe you are right Riss. They probably havent updated the site due to the recent goal.

Then we have 10 goals in 34 matches. 3 Penalties.

7 goals in 34 matches, open play. Quality.