Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what you are saying, Tottenham guy, is gossip. You know a guy that knows a guy and you "think" this and that. I could say the exact same.

He lives in London, the best point made, but what is to say he does not want to move? How do you know he really likes Tottenham? From what I have

heard he likes Arsenal and supported them as a kid. Isn't that kind of illegal? I don't know anyone who likes Villa and Birmingham for instance, you would

have to be mentally ill!

Does it?, and where's that info come from then?, because the media don't seem to be agreeing with that notion!! :roll:

The media dont know everything you know, especially not until it actually happens. I believe at the moment Bent is fav for Spurs but until he signs anything could happen.

You seem to love Spurs so i tend to digress your opinions on this subject.

Of course, everyone who doesn't think we're favourites to sign every player under the sun must be an opposition fan :roll:

You seem extremely keen on answering CyberV's posts without substance recently :roll: , i wasn't just talking about this debate as there's been other times when certain individuals have praised Spurs to the high heavens at the dispence of their own team.

I'm not saying the guys source is credible or anything but i can imagine Bent being the type of player Spurs would go for, and i think if he had to choose between us and them it'd probably be them.

The London factor is big, especially for a lad born, raised there, who also spent a good part of his football career there too!

What Bent has to consider as well is having to fight with three relatively equal players in terms of ability, well Berbatov is a cert if he stays with third biggest club in London. There is no proof that either Defoe or Keane are leaving, neither are they proof of Bent going to Spurs. We acknowledge you want him there, so does 19 other clubs in the Premiership next season, so to speak.

I am 100% certain Darren Bent will leave Charlton, but I am not sure why Arsenal and Man Utd won't sign him. IMO he is taylor made for Arsenal alongside Henry, and he would also fit the profile of being a United player. We all know players become better when they play in that attacking side, you and me would score at least 5 open play goals if we played there you know. Tottenham can bid for him, I imagine Newcastle will as well. They love to bid for such players, but they have Martins/Owen which is top 3 in the league in terms of partnerships.

I know Everton need a striker because James Beattie is just a sorry sight, but I don't think they would get him over us because we have so much more to offer right now. He doesn't know it yet of course, but if he was presented with the idea he would clearly pick us over Everton and we have more money easily.

If he does not go to Arse, Liverpool or Mancs, then the favs are Spurs, Villa and Everton. He will stay in the Prem no doubt about it. Saying that, there exist no proof that MON wants to sign him. The only "proof" I can think of is that he would be a fool to not make an attempt

despite the goal i'd much much prefer Keane over Defoe, shame that they will be more keen to hold onto Keane rather than Defoe

Bent will go Spurs IMO, why? because Keane and Defoe can't play together, so he will get rid of one and bring in Bent who can play both roles

because neither Keane or Defoe will be happy with just being rotated around Berbatov for another season, so to make things easier i reckon he will get rid of Defoe and bring in Bent

I also believe outside of the top 4 Spurs will be his first choice destination, as at this present time they are a much stronger team, and look more likely to achieve silverware, on top of the fact they are a london team.

Basically what you are saying, Tottenham guy, is gossip. You know a guy that knows a guy and you "think" this and that. ...

I don't claim to know any 'guy'.

Every club, including Villa I imagine, has people who from time to time leak info. to particular outsiders - someone they know and trust not disclose their identity. That info. is sometimes posted on certain club-related message boards by the outsider concerned - someone who in due course becomes recognised as having a track record of occasional access to advance info.

If you want to dismiss such info. as nothing more than 'gossip' - no problem.

Of course the the knowledgeability of the source can vary, and even if accurate the info. may sometimes only be about a partial aspect of an overall situation and therefore be misleading. There are no absolute guarantees of it being correct. In the case of Bent, there are several different sources saying the same thing, which is why I give it a lot of credence.

... what is to say he does not want to move? ...

Charlton have just been relegated ... he's an ambitious player who wants play regularly for England and to win club trophies, so of course he wants to move.

... How do you know he really likes Tottenham? From what I have heard he likes Arsenal and supported them as a kid. ...

It's fairly well known that he likes Spurs. I can't speak for what you have heard. Besides, right now it's Spurs that are pursuing him, not Arsenal.

despite the goal i'd much much prefer Keane over Defoe, shame that they will be more keen to hold onto Keane rather than Defoe

Bent will go Spurs IMO, why? because Keane and Defoe can't play together, so he will get rid of one and bring in Bent who can play both roles

because neither Keane or Defoe will be happy with just being rotated around Berbatov for another season, so to make things easier i reckon he will get rid of Defoe and bring in Bent

I also believe outside of the top 4 Spurs will be his first choice destination, as at this present time they are a much stronger team, and look more likely to achieve silverware, on top of the fact they are a london team.

And people wonder why i think certain members love Spurs!! :roll: ,

Every club, including Villa I imagine, has people who from time to time leak info. to particular outsiders - someone they know and trust not disclose their identity. That info. is sometimes posted on certain club-related message boards by the outsider concerned - someone who in due course becomes recognised as having a track record of occasional access to advance info.

And that my friend is gossip, no matter what way you twist and turn. Gossip.

And dont get me wrong. You might very well get him, but if what you just stated isnt gossip, well then nothing is.

No but haven't you heard TRL?, gossip is now seen as 100% facts apparently!! :roll: , i won't even bother asking how he knows Bent "likes Spurs" either as the question will only get answered in vain again.

Call it whatever pleases you. We'll all know the outcome soon enough.

are you a villa fan or a spurs fan GlastonSpur?? just wondering?