Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Fair enough - would be good if we could find the 'next Tim Cahill' this summer. Got to have been one of the best signings by anyone in recent seasons. Any suggestions??

From memory him & MGP were both suggested as cheap possibilities in the same summer, looking back we missed the boat on those two.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You miss my point, I aimed it at Richard because he seems so confident of signing NRC.

:P

I cannot see anyone else who would fit the bill and be available.

By fit the bill I mean be capable in that position, be able to improve (so have potential), be the right age bracket, be playing at the level, be ambitious, and who would not go to or aim for a top 3 or 4 side at this stage

Does Scott Parker not fit that mould? Lassana Diara or Mathieu Flammini?

I'm not disagreeing BTW, I just want to know how you can be so sure :P

NRC would be a fantastic signing.

Pablo - They were just examples :P

I think Scott Parker may be, although the price would be largely inflated.

I guess it all depends on whether Spam go down.

If they do we can take NRC off their hands. But if they don't, like Parker, his price will be largely inflated.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January

Do you really?

I hope you are right, but personally I'd prefer some signings in the summer.

Sorry, I was replying to this:

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

I'm not saying you won't be right, but you did say the same thing about Micah Richards for the January transfer window!

Got a linked quote?

Oh, and here's the link to the quote:

link to a quote It's the 7th one down.

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

I'm not saying you won't be right, but you did say the same thing about Micah Richards for the January transfer window!

Got a linked quote?

here snd here - "The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January. "

Hope we don't get Bellamy - he's a nasty piece of work with shit knees. I just don't think he'd be worth the money, or has the fitness to play a major role for 3-4 years.

Can't believe Lennon would cut it in the Premiership either at his age - he was an average-decent player at leicester 6 years ago. Probably just a lazy MON/Celtic story

flamini is bollocks...

would be pissed if we bought him...

although im not a fan of reo cockhead either...

parker, barton or nolan would be perfect...

And what exactly has Nigel done to be labled a "cockhead"?, you've always waxed lyrical about us getting good up and coming british players so why have a go at him?, what's he done wrong apart from play for fans who've apparently racially abused him and sent him death threats?, he was one of the best talents in the league last year and although he's had mixed fortunes this time around it's obvious he's got bags of ability and if he was such a trouble maker he wouldn't be West Ham's captain would he?!!,

we've been strongly linked with him and i agree that unless one of the big lot comes in for him again then he may well be heading our way and i'd be delighted as he's a very good player and has every bit as much talent as the three you named.

one swallow does not maketh a summer...

the kid was good last year in a side that played above themselves as the "unknown quantity"...

i dont think hes anywhere near as good as the cockerney media make him out to be, and if we want a player who can battle in the midfield, but cant pass, then we have our own mccann for that, without splashing silly money on a jumped up little shit who cares more about his next ankle length clock sized diamond studded pendant, than he does about his football...

hes playing now at his level, and if we want to progress, then he is not the sort of player, both on and off the pitch, that we need to be purchasing..

in my humble opinion, of course..