Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jimmy Bullard a great signing?, i don't think so at all, blimey what on earth would he bring to our team?, we need real class players to move forward not Wigan rejects, a quality young play maker in the mould of Berger would be nice and also a ball playing defensive midfielder, Bullard is none of those.

You cant really class Bullard and Berger as similar targets!

I agree that we need more class or 'panache' in the team but this must be fused with players that will graft at a consistent and high level. I would class bullard in the Parker or dare i say it Ian Taylor type that most good teams need.....i think this also answers what id hope he'd bring to the team!

Excuse me i didn't infer that Bullard was like Berger i said the team need's a younger version of Berger, secondly no he's nowhere near as good as Parker and who would he replace in our side exactly? :roll:, Petrov?, Young?, everyone's hero Barry?, he's around 29 or something and has missed the whole season through injury, it's time villa fans started thinking bigger than the likes of Bullard!!, thank god O'Neill seems to be thinking along the same lines as me.

There are better players out there than Bullard. I wouldn't be surprised if Sissoko was available should Mascherano sign for Liverpool permanently as he is described by most of their fans as a "polished" version of Sissoko and is seemingly Benitez's preferred choice.

There are better players out there than Bullard. I wouldn't be surprised if Sissoko was available should Mascherano sign for Liverpool permanently as he is described by most of their fans as a "polished" version of Sissoko and is seemingly Benitez's preferred choice.
Sissoko, eh?

Yes please.

Excuse me i didn't infer that Bullard was like Berger i said the team need's a younger version of Berger, secondly no he's nowhere near as good as Parker and who would he replace in our side exactly? :roll:, Petrov?, Young?, everyone's hero Barry?, he's around 29 or something and has missed the whole season through injury, it's time villa fans started thinking bigger than the likes of Bullard!!, thank god O'Neill seems to be thinking along the same lines as me.

You dont like Bullard do you :winkold:

IMO Bullard is one of the most underrated midfielders in the league, it was no coincidence Wigan have slumped dramatically without his drive in the middle of the park!

Can you tell me why we dont need a box to box , goal scoring midfielder, who has already proven himself in this league?

...and you cant use the fact he is 29 against him as by common opinion he should be approaching his peak (He is actually twenty eight), and would give him plenty of time to recover from his injuries!

You dont like Bullard do you :winkold:

IMO Bullard is one of the most underrated midfielders in the league, it was no coincidence Wigan have slumped dramatically without his drive in the middle of the park!

Can you tell me why we dont need a box to box , goal scoring midfielder, who has already proven himself in this league?

...and you cant use the fact he is 29 against him as by common opinion he should be approaching his peak (He is actually twenty eight), and would give him plenty of time to recover from his injuries!

Oh right so Roberts wasn't an influence for Wigan too?, what about Chimbonda?, but oh no "it was all Bullard that saved them"!!, also i'm not saying we don't need a box to box player, i'm saying WE NEED A BETTER ONE THAN BULLARD!!, i can't believe you're so obsessed with an average player, i wanna see international class players at villa who can give the likes of the top four something to think about, do you think the likes of Gerrard, Sissoko, Carrick, Scholes, Lampard, Essien, Fabregaes, Obi Mikel ect would be concerned about facing Bullard? :crylaugh: , that's why we always mess up against them because we've rarely had top quality in that vital area, someone like Yaya Toure or Sulley Muntari would be the ideal kind of players we should be looking at, not Bullard.

I think some people need to be able to distinguish fact and opinion. I think we need better than Bullard, it doesn't mean it is true. He could well be a very good player but what makes me think we need better is that I haven't seen much of him and also that following a long term injury, we cannot be certain how it has affected his game.

someone like Yaya Toure or Sulley Muntari

Doubt you've ever seen them play.

You can't just throw out names you've seen on FM or seen on youtube.

And you know me i assume?. :roll:

Out of interest, I have never seen either of those 2 players (as far as I know anyway) so what is it about them which make them the class we need?

someone like Yaya Toure or Sulley Muntari

Doubt you've ever seen them play.

You can't just throw out names you've seen on FM or seen on youtube.

And you know me i assume?. :roll:

Out of interest, I have never seen either of those 2 players (as far as I know anyway) so what is it about them which make them the class we need?

that they have foreign names and makes us sound sexy :winkold:

Muntari is clearly the goalscoring midfielder we need. 1 goal in 22 appearances this year, 3 in 29 last year. A whopping 2 in 33 the season before that.

With stats like those, he must rival the greats such as Gavin McCann for goalscoring prowess.

Muntari is clearly the goalscoring midfielder we need. 1 goal in 22 appearances this year, 3 in 29 last year. A whopping 2 in 33 the season before that.

With that kind of goalscoring force, he must rival the greats such as Gavin McCann.

That made me laugh out loud!

:lol:

"The Great Gavin McCann"! Brilliant!

If you take them 6 goals, you can make one hell of a youtube compilation, Sid must have seen it.