Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would Arsenal sell and would he come here?

Apparently he's on his way out. You don't ask, you don't get...

Ok, didn't know that. Agree that we should go for him definitely. As you say, don't ask, won't get. And we have to at least try on players like him or better.

But would Arsenal sell and would he come here?

Apparently he's on his way out. You don't ask, you don't get...

Ok, didn't know that. Agree that we should go for him definitely. As you say, don't ask, won't get. And we have to at least try on players like him or better.

For me the likes of Flamini are the type of players we should be looking at, a young talented player at a big club with proven quality and champions league experiance who would have a point to prove, that's a bit like how Villarreal rose to prominence in Spain and in europe because they took chances on talented players who never got a look in at big clubs like Riquelmai, Forlan, Sorin, Reina Jose Marie ect and it paid off for them big style, i mean yes there are a few Djemba-Djemba's out there but i don't think Flamini would fall from grace in that fashion.

I guess a lot issues surrounding the DM role at the club depend on McCanns contract situation. . . If he's been told he's MONs number1 for that position we can forget Flamini (or other gud players) even considering us. . .

But do you think that even with a new contract McCann would be considered as no 1 for MON if we could get players like Flamini or that kind? Maybe that's why McCann waits to sign a new contract. He knows that he could be sidelined after this summer. Pure speculation, of course.

We'll only know for sure at the start of next season. . . Hopefully McCann will be sat on the bench by then!? Or sold even, with the likes of Gardner and Osbourne hanging around who needs him?

The DM role should be our number one priority for the summer in my mind. The Everon game was the final nail in McCanns coffin for me. His crapness puts the rest of the midfield under so much pressure. . .

The People: Villa will bid £4million for Marlon King in the summer.

"Sources close to Doug Ellis have revealed that the fee due to Celtic [for Petrov] is near the eight figure mark if the Bulgarian comes up with the goods"

Sunday Mirror:

Villa have emerged as contenders to sign Steve sidwell

News of The World:

Villa want to sign Marlon King for £4million

The People: Villa will bid £4million for Marlon King in the summer.

"Sources close to Doug Ellis have revealed that the fee due to Celtic [for Petrov] is near the eight figure mark if the Bulgarian comes up with the goods"

Sunday Mirror:

Villa have emerged as contenders to sign Steve sidwell

News of The World:

Villa want to sign Marlon King for £4million

King - a big no no! Better than Gabby?? not a chance!

Why would we buy him? To give him to the noses to keep them down? Come on, we must aim higher than that.

Sidwell? Well, yes he's better than McCann but as discussed on here before, is he really the right player to take us forward? Have my doubts, thank you.

What about Bentley? Would cost a fortune but I've seen him a couple of times now and he looks ace. Great set-piece taker too. I'd love him in Villa. Impossible?