Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Our young players dont show that much potential when you compare with young players out there. Cahill and Gabby aside, who else has the kind of potential that can take them to the level we want to be at?

I would say Maloney, Young, Gardner and Moore. I don't think Osbourne or Ridgewell should be written off either.

Which young players out there do you think we should be looking at who show more potential?

The whole of Arsenal's youth team. Micah Richards, Ronaldo, Rooney etc etc. Now i know your going to say im being unrealistic naming these players but the point is our youth are a million miles behind this kind of talent and will never be even close to the kind of quality we need to take villa to the level we wont to be at.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our young players dont show that much potential when you compare with young players out there. Cahill and Gabby aside, who else has the kind of potential that can take them to the level we want to be at?

I would say Maloney, Young, Gardner and Moore. I don't think Osbourne or Ridgewell should be written off either.

Which young players out there do you think we should be looking at who show more potential?

The whole of Arsenal's youth team. Micah Richards, Ronaldo, Rooney etc etc. Now i know your going to say im being unrealistic naming these players but the point is our youth are a million miles behind this kind of talent and will never be even close to the kind of quality we need to take villa to the level we wont to be at.

Well having watched Arsenal's youth team get turned over by our reserves not so long back I stand by my appraisal.

Micah Richards is to me just another Man City over-hyped player. Ronaldo and Rooney - oh yes those excellent products of their clubs academy! Indeed most of the Arsenal reserve team (which is the ony I think you mean, i.e. the one playing the cups this season) have been bought in too.

Ours this time around are more fully homegrown, as Lund and Steiber aren't exactly Brummies but cost nought.

Our previous 'kids' Jlloyd, Ridge and Barry were all bought in. Only Vass and Davis can be seen to have amounted to much of those over 21 who signed as schoolboys

^ That was my point....We can buy better young players with potential then what we currently have. It would be great if we could produce these players through our academy but at the moment the players we have produced aren't good enough and until they are we need to look to bringing players in to improve.

Last time I looked I thought

Cahill

Ridge

Gardner

Ozzy

Davis

Gabby

Luke

Ashley

were all experienced kids with plenty of potential or is it just that we always view players at some clubs as being better than ours?

Gardner or Ozzy would for me look as good as Denilson if he played with Silva and Fabregas

Gabby or Luke as good as the over hyped Theo

our youngsters are trying to perform under a far different pressure.

^ That was my point....We can buy better young players with potential then what we currently have. It would be great if we could produce these players through our academy but at the moment the players we have produced aren't good enough and until they are we need to look to bringing players in to improve.

do you think we are in a position to bring in the young talent that you mentioned?

Newcastle were laughed at when they put a bid in for rooney before he went to man u, ronaldo cost like £12 million and i'm sure there were other big teams that would have snatched him up had man u not got there.

I don't see us attracting young quality players to our club over the likes of arsenal, chelsea or man u so i'm happy to keep the young kids we've got who look more than capable of helping turn villa into a top 6 club. And i hope cowans keeps producing kids like luke, cahill, gabby and the rest of them for the next few years

Gardner or Ozzy would for me look as good as Denilson if he played with Silva and Fabregas

Rubbish. Sorry. I know this is only an opinion based argument but I'm extremely confident that time will prove you wrong here. Only Luke may have this kind of potential IMO.

do you think we are in a position to bring in the young talent that you mentioned?

Newcastle were laughed at when they put a bid in for rooney before he went to man u, ronaldo cost like £12 million and i'm sure there were other big teams that would have snatched him up had man u not got there.

I don't see us attracting young quality players to our club over the likes of arsenal, chelsea or man u so i'm happy to keep the young kids we've got who look more than capable of helping turn villa into a top 6 club. And i hope cowans keeps producing kids like luke, cahill, gabby and the rest of them for the next few years

I admit my example was exagerrated but Cahill, Gabby and maybe Luke aside. Are our other youth players really that good?

Rubbish. Sorry. I know this is only an opinion based argument but I'm extremely confident that time will prove you wrong here. Only Luke may have this kind of potential IMO.

I know it's a shame we cannot sign Silva and Fabregas to prove me right..... :-)

Then again I'm sure by summer they'll be mentioned in this thread

I admit my example was exagerrated but Cahill, Gabby and maybe Luke aside. Are our other youth players really that good?

those three aside have we seen enough of the others to cast them aside as not being good enough?

Barcelona and Real Madrid are producing players like Fabregras all the time but during elections each year they are unable to offer them professional contracts. During this period a lot of these players get signed up by other clubs offering first team football. The lower league Spanish teams are full of them. The point to all this is young players from abroad can be brought in for next to nothing and make a massive impact. This is how Arsenal have done it and there's no reason why we cant for a few additions in the summer.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are producing players like Fabregras all the time

fabregas is one of the best players in the prem at 19 i doubt that is true.

The point to all this is young players from abroad can be brought in for next to nothing and make a massive impact. This is how Arsenal have done it and there's no reason why we cant for a few additions in the summer.

and the problem is you have to compete with the likes of arsenal, chelsea, man u and other big clubs abroad to bring in the young quality your on about.

What other prem teams outside the top 4 have managed to bring in young quality like fabregas and ronaldo?

Luke, gabby, ridge, davis and cahill are good enough to be part of a squad aiming for top 6 football IMO.

I think we already know that this is a problem area for Villa and has been for some seasons now because of injuries to Delaney. But when thinking of a potential replacement it's hard for a player to spring to mind.

Any ideas or do you think MON will need to look abroad for this one? Sorry if anyone thinks this thread is pointless but Im so bored at work I need some villa banter :)

What about Ferrera from Chelsea, even if on loan?

If fit and reliable, Delaney. If not, I'd say our right back is currently playing for another club.... as yet unidentified.