Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Aruna Kone is a good player although not prolific. Similar in stature and style to Obafemi Martins but not sure he would be as prolific. I would rather us sign a proven PL goal scorer though. Defoe or bent for me if we can't get Ashton.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same Arouna Kone who has scored less than the brilliant Jefferson Farfan who's a winger. Lets not settle for second best again. :winkold:

PSV play a 4-3-3 so surely only a matter of time before we go back to playing that.

Is this the same Arouna Kone who has scored less than the brilliant Jefferson Farfan who's a winger. Lets not settle for second best again. :winkold:

PSV play a 4-3-3 so surely only a matter of time before we go back to playing that.

The season isn't over is it? :roll:, Kone has been scoring more goals in the champs league than Farfan, and furthermore they don't play the "433 system" anymore since Beasley left and they changed coaches, the 433 system is nothing but a myth, yes we had a good spell with it but we still didn't win enough matches and it's good players that win matches it's not all about the system, the team who's top of the premiership play 442 and if it's good enough for Mon then it's good enough for me.

Kone's goal stats are pretty much 1 goal every two games so i wouldn't say he "second best", Kezman had an amazing record in Holland but failed in the premiership while Kuyt has done well and he's not better than Kone imo , Kone's all round game is class and he'll only improve playing in the premiership.

Well I've actually said on another site that Kone would probably adapt better to the prem than Farfan but considering Farfan isn't a natural striker, 16 goals is very very good. Kone's only scored two in the champinos league, scoreless against Liverpool and Arsenal so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Kezman point is very valid.

And the winners of the prem for the last two seasons have played 4-3-3 if yo uwant to go down that route. Different formations suit different teams better, would Bolton be as effective if they played 4-4-2. Not saying it's the long term answer but we looked more defensively secure and much better attacknig with a 4-3-3 so I would like to see it given another go seeing as we'll probably just be playing out the last 10 games.

Well I've actually said on another site that Kone would probably adapt better to the prem than Farfan but considering Farfan isn't a natural striker, 16 goals is very very good. Kone's only scored two in the champinos league, scoreless against Liverpool and Arsenal so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Kezman point is very valid.

And the winners of the prem for the last two seasons have played 4-3-3 if yo uwant to go down that route. Different formations suit different teams better, would Bolton be as effective if they played 4-4-2. Not saying it's the long term answer but we looked more defensively secure and much better attacknig with a 4-3-3 so I would like to see it given another go seeing as we'll probably just be playing out the last 10 games.

And the winners of the last two premierships also spent near 500m on players to fit into the system so as i said it's good players that win matches, in the last 5 games we've won two, lost two and drawn one, while we were playing 433 we'd have probably drawn 3 and lost two, we were just drawing too many games and that's why teams who've lost more than us like Spurs, Newcastle, Bolton and Reading are abouv us, and why should i not "read too much" into it?, two goals in four champs league games agrees with the stat of 1 goal every two matches doesn't it?, regardless of whether it was against English teams or not, take a look at Drogba's record aged 23 or even Henry's, there's simply no telling how a player will turn out but from what i've seen of Kone he's the real deal.

Like no doubt many of you I have been an admirer of Arouna Kone for very many years, have followed his trajectory with Lierse (1991-1994)....

I'm confused, was he signed with Lierse at the age of 7 ?

Read my sig :wink:

Like no doubt many of you I have been an admirer of Arouna Kone for very many years, have followed his trajectory with Lierse (1991-1994), Roda (1994-1998) and PSV (1998-). A regular viewer of Belgian and Dutch league matches on TV, I have to say however that 5 goals in 24 outings with the Ivory Coast national team isn't very impressive.

Kone has played for all these clubs, where did you get the dates from?

If a player has been linked to Arsenal and Man U - but they decided NOT to sign him then I think that tells you all you need to know...

Personally I am gettign a littel tired of being linked to ex-Celtic players. I just cannot understand why we would spend near on 10m on Bellamy...if he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool, why should we want him...

Don't know anything about this Kone but again - surely to god, if you have the money you have gotta be looking at the likes of bent, Ashton (or even yakubu - think he may even be out of contract soon).

Carew was different, no money and lets face it John Inman nevr mind John carew would have been an improvement on Baros, spending hard earned cash on someone unproven in the prem. - i just can't see why we would do it..

If a player has been linked to Arsenal and Man U - but they decided NOT to sign him then I think that tells you all you need to know...

Not necessarily, they might have thought he was overpriced because they're arsenal or manure or they might have just never been in for him.

Personally I am gettign a littel tired of being linked to ex-Celtic players. I just cannot understand why we would spend near on 10m on Bellamy...if he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool, why should we want him...

martin o'neill brought him to celtic on loan, so MON knows all about him, so i would have full faith in him MONs decision to bring him in

he will be closer to 6 million, they bought him for 6 mill, where would the 2 - 4 mill profit come from, as he hasn't exactly lit up liverpool and they will probably be looking to sell if they get the funds expected to bring higher quality strikers in.

And he is good enoguh for the current liverpool, but they are aiming to become the top team in england and not just settle for 3rd or 4th place, so if hes good enough for the current liverpool hes certainly good enough for the current villa.

Bellamy is trouble, why the hell do you think he will suddenly turn around at Villa?

Just like many of you said Carew will end his problems with scoring goals at Villa, even

though he played with better players in all of his former clubs.

He is a talented player without a doubt, a consistent edition of Baros if you will. He is

not very clever though, in every club he has been in he ends up doing stupid things,

fighting with the manager etc. Why oh why would we want such a player? And to this

price? More money than they bought him for? Never is that a good deal.

I want us to look to Europe for a striker, if not Darren Bent.