Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by his reaction when he scored against us in the FA cup I sincerely doubt that Micah Richards is a Villa Fan.

I was very impressed with Reo Coker when we played West Ham recently. I thought that he was their best player by a fair margin - despite his well documented problems.

I would be extremely happy if we signed him. A young, talented ex England U21 captain with something to prove.

I am pretty certain you get a distanced relationship to your fav club when you play professional like Micah.

Would you join Arsenal and go for the Champ League, or join Watford because you simply love them?

Also, I think you somehow change easily when you join a club, and get to be a part of a team fulltime.

Micah Richards will not leave for Aston Villa. He may leave for the big 4, but no-one else, not even Spurs. I'd love him here but at the time being he is too big a talent, especially with being English, for us to attract.

Nigel Reo-Coker is a decent player but IMO is over-rated and I think we could do better.

This been posted?

Villa in Sidwell link

Villa have again been linked with a move for Reading’s soon to be out of contract midfielder Steve Sidwell.

Reports in Reading say Villa and Everton lead the chase for the former Arsenal trainee, who scored both the Royals’ goals and was man of the match in their 2-0 win over Villa on February 10.

Villa’s policy is never to comment on speculation, but it is believed manager Martin O’Neill will seek to bolster his central midfield options in the summer.

And there is no doubt that Reading’s jewel in the crown will have already impressed him.

Sidwell ran the show in the Royals’ 2-0 win over Villa on February 10, scoring both goals on the day he was named man of the match.

Before that game, O’Neill revealed his admiration for the former Arsenal trainee.

“Steve Sidwell, like a lot of Reading players, has done really super,†said the Villa boss.

At the moment O’Neill has Gavin McCann and Stiliyan Petrov as his main options, with youngsters Craig Gardner and Isaiah Osbourne waiting for extended chances.

But O’Neill knows Sidwell is a free agent in the summer and at 24, he fits his profile of wanting young, hungry players who can be assets for years to come.

Manchester City, Middlesbrough and even Chelsea are monitoring the situation, while Celtic and Rangers have also expressed an interest in the former Arsenal youth-team player.

Sidwell is not interested in a move north of the border. Reading are prepared to make him the highest-paid player in the club’s history on around £25,000 per week.

But more established clubs are prepared to pay him even bigger wages.

Clicky...

Sidwell is no better than we have imo, Petrov and Davis could just be as good putting them in Reading's team this year.

Put Sidwell in ours right now and he would be as cack as everyone else!

Good squad player on the cheap mind ;)

Has Nugent had the opportunity to score against the best teams in the country though?

Nope, because no team has felt the need to push the boat out to get him like they did with Darren Bent and Dean Ashton, i wonder why?.

Do you know for how many years Ashton and Bent were playing regular for Crewe and Ipswich respectively? Longer than Nugent has been at PNE.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Especially for you mate seeing that all your posts have at least one :roll: !

Erm both Ashton and Bent were 16 when they made their debuts for their teams, Nugent was playing for Bury (who were two leagues lower) when he was 16 and moved to Preston in January 2005, so he's pretty much had 3 seasons with them and around 5 seasons of league football overall but yet still nobody from the premiership has taken a chance, Darren had four years at Ipswich before he left and Ashton had just about had 4 and a half years, but nice try though!!, man you're desperate to prove me wrong. :crylaugh:

A joker. Jan 05 to March 07 and he was heavily linked in Jan 07 so he could easily have gone after 2 years but PNE weren't willing sellers because of what the Premiership would be worth to them. Bury to PNE at the top-middle of the Championship is a big step and he succeeded, he is playing for U21s and has succeeded, that is a pretty good progression.

Last time I checked 2 years 2 months was closer to 2 years that 3 years nice try though! If you can't do a good argument why reply as if you have won it hands down?

Do you rate Tim Cahill? He spent nearly 7 seasons at Millwall and was around 25 when someone took a chance on him. Hindsight is a great thing but Nugent will be a big success in the top flight.

Has Nugent had the opportunity to score against the best teams in the country though?

Nope, because no team has felt the need to push the boat out to get him like they did with Darren Bent and Dean Ashton, i wonder why?.

Do you know for how many years Ashton and Bent were playing regular for Crewe and Ipswich respectively? Longer than Nugent has been at PNE.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Especially for you mate seeing that all your posts have at least one :roll: !

Erm both Ashton and Bent were 16 when they made their debuts for their teams, Nugent was playing for Bury (who were two leagues lower) when he was 16 and moved to Preston in January 2005, so he's pretty much had 3 seasons with them and around 5 seasons of league football overall but yet still nobody from the premiership has taken a chance, Darren had four years at Ipswich before he left and Ashton had just about had 4 and a half years, but nice try though!!, man you're desperate to prove me wrong. :crylaugh:

A joker. Jan 05 to March 07 and he was heavily linked in Jan 07 so he could easily have gone after 2 years but PNE weren't willing sellers because of what the Premiership would be worth to them. Bury to PNE at the top-middle of the Championship is a big step and he succeeded, he is playing for U21s and has succeeded, that is a pretty good progression.

Last time I checked 2 years 2 months was closer to 2 years that 3 years nice try though! If you can't do a good argument why reply as if you have won it hands down?

Do you rate Tim Cahill? He spent nearly 7 seasons at Millwall and was around 25 when someone took a chance on him. Hindsight is a great thing but Nugent will be a big success in the top flight.

Erm you're the one who tryed to include Ashton and Bent' stats into the debate and fell flat on your backside when i came up with the facts that he's spent more time playing in the league than both Ashton and Bent did before they moved to the big time, being "linked" don't mean shit, he's still in the championship because no-one has felt inclined to force Preston's hand (every player has a price) when it could be argued he's played better for Preston than he has this season as he he went around 10 games without scoring and has only just rediscovered his scoring touch, and what the hell does playing for the "u21's" prove?, Francies Jeffers did and he's a superstar ain't he? :roll: , and Tim Cahill plays in a different position so it's silly to compare them, it seems your cheerleading for Nugent has left you totally devoid of reality, HE'S NOT BETTER THAN LUKE OR GABBY BECAUSE HE'S NEVER PLAYED IN THE PREMIERSHIP, it's that simple, don't take it personally Jas just accept that you've been found out!!.

Sid mate, Nugent IMHO is a quality player, he will be playig the PL next season and he will prove you wrong. However saying that if LM gets his mind together he can be better, not sure on Gabby, at times looks quality at times out of his depth

Erm you're the one who tryed to include Ashton and Bent' stats into the debate and fell flat on your backside when i came up with the facts that he's spent more time playing in the league than both Ashton and Bent did before they moved to the big time, being "linked" don't mean shit, he's still in the championship because no-one has felt inclined to force Preston's hand (every player has a price) when it could be argued he's played better for Preston than he has this season as he he went around 10 games without scoring and has only just rediscovered his scoring touch, and what the hell does playing for the "u21's" prove?, Francies Jeffers did and he's a superstar ain't he? :roll: , and Tim Cahill plays in a different position so it's silly to compare them, it seems your cheerleading for Nugent has left you totally devoid of reality, HE'S NOT BETTER THAN LUKE OR GABBY BECAUSE HE'S NEVER PLAYED IN THE PREMIERSHIP, it's that simple, don't take it personally Jas just accept that you've been found out!!.

Oh super.

Sid mate, Nugent IMHO is a quality player, he will be playig the PL next season and he will prove you wrong. However saying that if LM gets his mind together he can be better, not sure on Gabby, at times looks quality at times out of his depth

Ian sir i'm not saying Nugent is a bad player, far from it i'm just saying that right now we have two "potential" players who have proved they can score goals in the premership and we should continue to sign players who are the real deal ala Carew, but i respect your opinion never the less.

No he never spent more time than Bent and Ashton playing in the league as Bury weren't in the Championship. Check your facts son. What have I been found out as? Please tell?

Wrong again, Crewe have been up and down between the Championship and League 1 for ages and Ashton spent at least one season playing in league 1,

Incidently CyberVillan, when did I say that Nugent was better than Gabby or Luke? I can't remember but seeing that you have more time than me can you check and let me know.

Well you certainly have "enough time" on your hands to answer my posts in vain :roll:

Reo Coker = Worth it for no more than 6m. Young and was heavily linked with top 4 last season.

Sidwell = A must on a Bosman. Young, hungry and looks good. No risk IMO.

Nugent = Looks good, unproven at prem level. Likely to go to Everton. Much rather get Darrren Bent.

M. Richards = He is a Brummie but I heard he was a nose. Will go to top 4 club if he moves.

No he never spent more time than Bent and Ashton playing in the league as Bury weren't in the Championship. Check your facts son. What have I been found out as? Please tell?

Wrong again, Crewe have been up and down between the Championship and League 1 for ages and Ashton spent at least one season playing in league 1,

Incidently CyberVillan, when did I say that Nugent was better than Gabby or Luke? I can't remember but seeing that you have more time than me can you check and let me know.

Well you certainly have "enough time" on your hands to answer my posts in vain :roll:

But he still never spent more time than them in the league than either of them and if we are being pedantic Nugent played for Bury in League 2 which is lower than League 1. Like how you only choose to answer certain questions so I wont write my questions from my previous post again as it is a waste of time with you.

Reo Coker = Worth it for no more than 6m. Young and was heavily linked with top 4 last season.

Sidwell = A must on a Bosman. Young, hungry and looks good. No risk IMO.

Nugent = Looks good, unproven at prem level. Likely to go to Everton. Much rather get Darrren Bent.

M. Richards = He is a Brummie but I heard he was a nose. Will go to top 4 club if he moves.

Some good shouts although Richard is well over priced and over hyped IMO. MO'N wont just stick to the UK I'm sure there are some players who he saw in Europe when managing Celtic who he thought he would have loved to buy if he had the money. He now does and I think Carew was the first one of these signings, better value for money on the continent too.