Transport

Birmingham Int - Euston 1 hour 10 mins

10 min walk to Kings Cross

Kings Cross - Norwich 1 hour ?

As a railwayman I have to reply to this.

London - Norwich trains go from Liverpool Street.

Norwich is the same distance from London as Birmingham is (112 miles on the train if you are curious) but it's on a much slower line.

Birmingham to Norwich on the train is probably better if you take the Stansted Airport service from New Street (the one that goes via Peterborough) and change at Ely.

• Like 1

By train is it quicker to go Brum-London-Norwich? Doable in under 3 hours ?

No chance, quickest train is via Peterborough (1 change and £55 if you split journey) London with connections is over 4 hours.

Birmingham to Peterborough - £34.50

Peterborough to Norwich - £19.60

Total £54.10

If you do not split your ticket, Birmingham to Norwich - £79.10

• Like 1

The club coach is 20 quid, Regardless of how long it takes, you're just shelling out money on the train

Id pay 3x as much as coach travel for a direct train there. Coach is awful and I only use it as a last resort. 

As i student I don't have the money to burn :(

The club coach is 20 quid, Regardless of how long it takes, you're just shelling out money on the train

Id pay 3x as much as coach travel for a direct train there. Coach is awful and I only use it as a last resort.

Yet you're shelling out £45 for a ticket

Yet you're shelling out £45 for a ticket

The ticket isn't a variable price. The transport is.

If you have no option but to get the coach then you do what you have to do. I did it for Bradford away, doesn't really feel like a day out though when it is just coach from VP to ground, watch the game, straight back.

Im not sure on this but im pretty sure or rail network is one of the worst in Europe. Getting to places like Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich by train is a pain and we live in the second city. I think Germany has trains that run 24/7, wonder if we will ever get that.

If you have no option but to get the coach then you do what you have to do. I did it for Bradford away, doesn't really feel like a day out though when it is just coach from VP to ground, watch the game, straight back.

Im not sure on this but im pretty sure or rail network is one of the worst in Europe. Getting to places like Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich by train is a pain and we live in the second city. I think Germany has trains that run 24/7, wonder if we will ever get that.

Hate to be that guy, but there is a virtually half hourly service to Southampton from Brum. It's at least hourly direct to Newcastle too. ;) 

• Like 1

Hate to be that guy, but there is a virtually half hourly service to Southampton from Brum. It's at least hourly direct to Newcastle too. ;)

I know there are probably ways but just from my experience of trying to work out which away games I like to go to it seems anything past Manc/Wigan/Bolton/London becomes a lot of effort and starts to get expensive.

Think when I looked at going to Newcastle a couple of seasons back it was about £75 direct? I left is pretty late though.

Â