Paul Lambert

Pilchard

At the moment it is bloody embarassing being a villa fan, the last 2 results have been totally out of order. yes I believed we would loose both games but not to the extent that we did and the way we played. To be honest after the Chelsea game it was always on the cards we would get battered against Spuds as PL simply had no time with the players to work with them, all he could offer them was words of encouragement, Because of the way we lost to Chelsea spuds were always going to hit us hard as they knew the confidence was shot and it was only a matter of time before the floodgates opened, I am just glad it was only 4.

As for PL being clueless on the bench, tell me who the hell else was there to bring on and improve things, the real test will be on Saturday against Wigan, this will define if we move on or go down,

We have to look at the league to see that it is very tight, Man c loosing, Man u struggling against Newcastle, any team at any given time can get a result, Even the bin dippers with all the money they have spent and the so called experienced players are only 7 points above us,

PL has a hell of a job to do and he will need time to do it and money, it is pretty obvious why players have been isolated, they are being forced out the door as they are on 2 much money and not wanted. getting rid of them is part of the remit PL had when joining same as it was for AM.

When they have gone then we may see better players coming in but until then we will have to stick with youth, shit but a fact. Lets not have ago at PL for this as it is a requirement of the club to survive, we have known this for a couple of years yet still believe it will be different.

We just have to survive this season before we can move on.

I may be wrong thinking this but I really want to believe it as if I am wrong then the club is really screwed.

So according to this genius thinking of yours.

Every team at the moment have absolutely no need to worry about finishing lower than where they currently are. Wow just wow.

You're actually starting to embarrass yourself with this sort of drivel to blindly defend your stance.

Do you even read what you put down? It's ridiculous.

I never said that at all.

If we're talking about people embarrassing themselves look no further than yourself.

i said after mon left we should hire tony pulis..not good enough was the chant/no way etc.. where are we now to stoke..we both beat liverpool 3-1 correct..if we had to play pool again next week would we do it again ? stoke would.

Tony Pulis? You're joking surely? Edited by Mantis

You've argued that the evidence suggests we shouldn't worry because we are 3 points above Wigan.

So using that genius logic that means Man U fans shouldn't worry about losing the title this year because they are currently ahead of city. There is also no need for Southampton fans to worry about relegation because they are 1 point ahead of Wigan. And like I said every team doesn't have to worry about finishing lower than they currently are. Hahah I don't think I've ever seen a worse case of blindly defending something. Even someone like Richard who is a massive lambert fan can admit that there's reasons to worry about our survival this year.

Hahaha don't try to back track now. You've claimed the facts and evidence suggests there is nothing to worry about. I don't think there's another single poster on this website who would post such a ludicrous statement.

You've argued that the evidence suggests we shouldn't worry because we are 3 points above Wigan.

So using that genius logic that means Man U fans shouldn't worry about losing the title this year because they are currently ahead of city. There is also no need for Southampton fans to worry about relegation because they are 1 point ahead of Wigan. And like I said every team doesn't have to worry about finishing lower than they currently are. Hahah I don't think I've ever seen a worse case of blindly defending something. Even someone like Richard who is a massive lambert fan can admit that there's reasons to worry about our survival this year.

Hahaha don't try to back track now. You've claimed the facts and evidence suggests there is nothing to worry about. I don't think there's another single poster on this website who would post such a ludicrous statement.

Some teams are on an upward trajectory whereas others are on a downward trajectory. We've pretty much been in the same position all season.

What lambert has inherited / assembled is a mid to lower table championship side. All very sad.

How come we're not even in the relegation zone and are 8 points above the bottom two? Edited by Mantis

This side would be bullied in the Championship which is the worrying thing.

That's why I said mid-lower table. We saw at Forest and more recently at Swindon (in spells) our midfield over run by lower league players.

If nothing else i would like PL to bring a big man into the centre of midfield, an evil git whose only remit is to be a spoiler, we have players who can pass the ball and look good but spend there time running round like headless chickens being knocked off the ball and made to look useless. we want a bully, someone to run the show and protect the rest of the midfield. a Vinny Jones type player

Even someone like Richard who is a massive lambert fan can admit that there's reasons to worry about our survival this year.

cheers, I think! With friendly posters like this who needs non friendly posters!

So bored of these sorts of posts. We may as well close down VT for a few years.

There are about 3 fans on this site that don't want to give the manager time.

Kinda tells you something doesn't it!

Essentially the more you spend the more points you should accumulate - there are exceptions to this - some teams spend but under perform (like QPR - due to poor management) and some get to a better position than their spending should dictate (like Arsenal - due to good management, youth policy and perhaps the lure of London for signings) but essentially you get what you pay for

For a few years we were the sixth biggest spenders and we finished around that position - recently RL has pulled the plug on the finances and PL has had to build a team with very little financial resources. We've seen a very slight improvement in PLs first 19 games versus McL's last 19 (with a much less expensive squad) but basically RL's plan is to back PL to be a better manager than those around him who are on similar limited resources

I think that PL has proven in previous roles that he is a decent manager - the Norwich team he built is performing well above where their spending should dictate (Houghton obviously deserves credit for this too) and I beleive that in time (18-24 months) he will get us to a similar position. He needs to be supported more by RL in this window and future windows - i understand the arguement that it is hard to buy quality in the January window but I beleive that this applies much more to the top of the table than to the type of players from abroad or from lower leagues that we are trying to attract

Lambert took on a massive and unenviable job when he inheirited a shambles from McL - we are going to have a real rollercoaster ride this season (as we have seen in the last few weeks). Real supporters will understand the huge project that PL needs to undertake and give him the unwavering support he deserves.

Whether RL still deserves the same support is a different story......

At one point yesterday, PL sat in the dug out and looked totally lost. It was a sorry sight.

The worry for me is that, at times, the team didn't even have any shape. Spurs were walking through us at will. I wouldn't mind if we were being undone by incisive passing, but at times they were rampaging into acres of space.

Oh, and the amount of freedom Bale was getting was shocking; they were failing to track him and/or close him down.

I know they're young players, but what are they getting taught on the training pitch!?

If Spurs sold Bale they could buy our complete PL squad - you can't train Chris Herd to become Vincent Kompany.

PL is doing what he can with very poor resources

Sigining 2 or 3 players who can hit the ground running is a good idea but 1) that costs money that may not be made available and 2) what money is available might be needed to plug 5 or 6 gaps in the squad.

I beleive that Lambert is trying to make the best of a very bad situation and very very limited resources and he will continue to recieve my backing

Real supporters will understand the huge project that PL needs to undertake and give him the unwavering support he deserves.

Whether RL still deserves the same support is a different story......

while I sort of agree with the sentiment of these two lines I'm not sure the term "real supporters" is the correct one to use. It implies a better fan argument and that is not right

If Spurs sold Bale they could buy our complete PL squad - you can't train Chris Herd to become Vincent Kompany.

Sigining 2 or 3 players who can hit the ground running is a good idea but 1) that costs money that may not be made available and 2) what money is available might be needed to plug 5 or 6 gaps in the squad.

I beleive that Lambert is trying to make the best of a very bad situation and very very limited resources and he will continue to recieve my backing

this I agree with totally

I think lambert has made mistakes and has done worse than I thought he would but ultimately he was not supported enough in the summer by our joke of an owner.

Or a similar player but we lack physical prescense in the middle. Sandros looked like a giant last night vs our lads and nobody could knock him off the ball

Except you would need to find £15-20m to buy Sandros or similar quality and another £100m to buy Bale, Lennon and Dembele to play alongside him. Lambert has a midfield valued at about £8m to compete with that