Superbowl XLVII

Tegis

Pick it!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Winner!

Ray Lewis legacy is cemented

murderer first, football player second. That's how it'll always be.

The US justice system ran its course and Ray didnt go to prison.  Was he guilty or was justice done, i dont think anyone will know the full story.

What can be said is that he is a completely different person since that time.  Im not religious so not particularily interested in the preacher stuff but it gives him strength and he does good through it now so more power to him.

As a leader he is second to none.  If i wanted to go to war with anyone and have someone by my side it would be the likes of Ray Lewis.  More so to make sure i dont get stabbed you know like! :P j/k

John: "When it was 28-6 and the lights went out and whatever happened, I just knew, with Jim Harbaugh on the other sideline, that that game was going to be a dogfight right to the end. Those guys were coming back. There's no greater competitor, there's no greater coach in the National Football League, or in the world, as far as I'm concerned, than Jim Harbaugh and the way that team played proves it. What they've done in the last two years in the National Football League is impressive and they showed it today, the way they battled back and fought right to the end."

Marshall Faulk on the no-call at the end: It was consistent with how they were calling the game

Michael Irvin puts the blame on Crabtree for slowing down.

Deion: there was no reaction from Crabtree. What receiver in the NFL doesn't react when they're being held. There was no holding.

Most pass TD, single postseason, NFL history

Flacco (2012), Montana (1989), Warner (2008): 11

Eli (2011), Peyton (2003), Rodgers (2010), Young (1994): 9

All bar Peyton and Warner won the Super Bowl; Peyton didn't even make the Super Bowl

Great NFL salary cap breakdown

Cap payrolls (so there's some possibility for funky accounting) for 2012

Lions: $128.7m

Broncos: $128.1m

49ers: $127.4m

Bucs: $126m

Bears: $124.7m

Chiefs: $124.5m

Giants: $121.7m

Jets: $121.4m

Falcons: $120.1m

Jaguars: $119.5m

Ravens: $116.2m

Panthers: $114.4m

Redskins: $114.1m

Steelers: $113m

Titans: $112.4m

Packers: $110.9m

Saints: $110.8m

Bills: $110.2m

Texans: $109.8m

Browns: $108.6m

Chargers: $107.9m

Vikings: $106.9m

Dolphins: $105.6m

Bengals: $104.9m

Cowboys: $104.3m

Cardinals: $102.5m

Patriots: $102.3m

Eagles: $100m

Seahawks: $98.4m

St. Louis: $94.6m

Colts: $84.1m

Raiders: $83.3m

I watched until the power cut.

Could see the Ravens weren't gonna lose it so turned off

Niners shot themselves in the foot too many times first half

Someone mentioned that if the Ravens won, everyone would bring up Lewis' murder charge but if they lost they wouldn't. I guess we'll never know the alternative but they were sure right about the former :)

What a cracking game of football. As for being the team of destiny. All I'll say is it's a lot easier to be the team of destiny when the referees think so too.

From MMQB

"Jim goes quickly off the deep end while John seems to be more constantly off the deep end.''

-- Former NFL officiating czar Mike Pereira, now a rules analyst for FOXsports.com, on the Harbaugh brothers.

Â