Travel / Boozers etc

parisvilla

Unfortunately I could not secure the day off work for either Tuesday or Wednesday - although I am finishing early tomorrow, to make it in to Bradford at about 1730 via train. Then away early in the morning to make it back in to work for about 1200 )¬`: Ergo I won't be doing much boozing.

Edited by hogso

As a Bradford resident I can recommend -

Fighting Cock - small backstreet real ale boozer a mile from the ground, frequented by myself and mjmooney

Corn Dolly - real ale pub on the ground side of the city centre.

There's a couple of Wetherspoons - one in city square and one up behind the Alhambra theatre, 2 mins walk from the square.

From Twitter WMPolice

Ha, that is bollocks. West Yorks police took it upon themselves to close the place down of their own volition. They stormed in and demanded the staff rang the bell and then stop serving. There were no fights at all. They then forced everyone to stand around for upwards of half an hour before getting bussed to the ground. Absolutely bizzare police tactics, felt like they were policing a derby match.

Police man run up to me after the game and tried to rip my snood from around my neck thinking it was a scarf. All it did was yank my neck really hard. I asked him what the **** he was doing, he then ripped my hood down and pushed me away into the side of one of the coaches and told me to **** off. Some police woman followed me to my coach and said they just wanted my face visible. Why didn't he just ask in the first place? No need to act so violently when i did nothing.

Our coach driver said 2 coaches got turned back because they found alcohol. I think it was scare tactics though as i think 9? official coaches went and there was 8 parked up that i would see when i got back.

Â