Lets get quizzical

Oaks

Just for the sake of completeness, Premier League hat tricks from Villa players.

1994 - Dean Saunders vs Swindon (W 5-0)

1995 - Super Tommy Johnson vs Wimbledon (W 7-1)

1995 - Savo Milosovic vs Coventry City (W 4-1)

1996 - Dwight Yorke vs Newcastle (L 3-4)

1998 - Dion Dublin vs Southampton (W 4-1)

2006 - Luke Moore vs Middlesbrough (W 4-0)

2008 - John Carew vs Newcastle (W 4-1)

2008 - Gabby Agbonlahor vs Manchester City (W 4-2)

It's pretty poor for 20 seasons in the Premier League really. It's the worst record of all the clubs who have played in every Premier League season.

Arsenal have the most Premier League hat tricks (33)

Alan Shearer has the most as an individual player (11)

The first Premier League hat trick was scored by Eric Cantona, for Leeds against Spurs.

The last two (at the time of writing this) were both scored against Reading, by Spanish players. Jordi Gomez of Wigan last month, Santa Cazorla of Arsenal last Monday.

Okay, here's one I love asking non-Villa fans as by and large they don't have a **** clue.

Also, they find this question difficult. Boom boom!

Who scored winning goals past Gianluca Pagliuca for both club and country in 1994?

Okay, here's one I love asking non-Villa fans as by and large they don't have a **** clue.

Who scored winning goals past Gianluca Pagliuca for both club and country in 1994?

Ray Houghton?

Did Phil King play for England?

Is it Ray Houghton? Or is that the trap to fall in to?

Haha missed me chance

Edited by 8pints

Rob Earnshaw definitely has. He is the answer to one of the great quiz questions, in that he has scored a goal in all four divisions of English football, the FA cup, the League Cup and at international level.

Gary Speed probably has, and I will also say Sparky must have at some point.

Rob Earnshaw definitely has. He is the answer to one of the great quiz questions, in that he has scored a goal in all four divisions of English football, the FA cup, the League Cup and at international level.

Yep

Gary Speed?

Here's one that's always done my head in.

My Dad asked me can I name all the Villa Goal scorers whose full names begin and end with the same letter of the alphabet?

He reckons there's three.

There may be more, there may be less, he may be winding me up :D

I'll throw one into the mix before I walk away from the computer for a few hours.

Four Italians have scored Premier League hat tricks. Who are they?

Well, not Andrea Silenzi, I can tell you that much.

Â