Baseball Hot Stove

maqroll

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to be a depressing season. I think a 100 loss year could be on. :(

Marcum was a good addition. Dickey was never going to repeat what he did last year. Your starting pitching is decent again, it's just your lineup that is weak. Who knows, if your pitching keeps you in the race by July, the brass might make a trade for a bat or two...Tough division, though.

This is going to be a depressing season. I think a 100 loss year could be on. :(

Marcum was a good addition. Dickey was never going to repeat what he did last year. Your starting pitching is decent again, it's just your lineup that is weak. Who knows, if your pitching keeps you in the race by July, the brass might make a trade for a bat or two...Tough division, though.

If we weren't in the race with a Cy Young pitcher, we certainly won't be this year. I can't imagine the Phillies will be as bad again either. We're basically a AAAA team + Wright and Santana. Even Johan hasn't been the same since his no-hitter.

If we weren't in the race with a Cy Young pitcher, we certainly won't be this year. I can't imagine the Phillies will be as bad again either. We're basically a AAAA team + Wright and Santana. Even Johan hasn't been the same since his no-hitter.

Indeed. I can't see anything but the basement for the Mets unfortunately (snigger). I even refuse to believe the Marlins will flop quite so bad again this year. 

You stack them up against The Braves,The Nats and even The Phillies and they're simply not in the same stratosphere. You would like to think that even with the signing of Wright (they need to put bums on the seat after all) that they're in some kind of rebuilding mode, but I think it has become evidently clear that they're just flat out broke and bereft of any ideas. 

It's a shame really because we could potentially be talking about one of the most competitive divisions in baseball history. Instead I fully expect the top two to steamroller their way through to the playoffs (have they ditched that **** play-in game?) with The Phillies coming a competitive third and the other two nowhere to be seen. 

Still, you'll get a decent draft pick eh. 

I don't think the Mets will be competitive until there's an ownership change. I hope the fans just tell them to **** off and not turn up. Attendances dropped a lot last year and hopefully the same happens again. Shame Selig likes them because he should be forcing a sale. They clearly aren't fit owners, especially with all the money they lost recently.

Who knows, if the Mets are still in the hunt come July, he may pull the trigger and make an impact trade or two. It's a long season, after all. Gio might get suspended, Strasburg might re-injure his elbow, and the Uptons/Heyward OF might flatter to deceive. Kris Medlen is nasty though. With the extra playoff team, the Mets could sneak in through the back door. All is not lost yet, Kurt.

Also, Philly is looking at an aging rotation. Halladay is showing his age now, Howard is a shell of the player he used to be. I don't know what offensive moves they've made to improve, but if Cliff Lee only won 6 games with the numbers he put up last year, their offense is putrid.

• 2 weeks later...

Granderson out 10 weeks with a broken arm. Considering all he brings to the table is power, his value this year is negligible, cuz his power numbers will surely drop coming off a broken arm. Shame it wasn't an asshole like A-Rod.

Â