Our Allocation

KjParton

Hey All - thinking about going down for this one, should be fun.

I watched the QPR - Everton game this weekend and noticed by the looks of it Everton either had the whole of that lower tier, or they had the whole of that stand behind the goal. Can someone correct me if i'm wrong in saying they had the whole of the stand behind the goal. If so how many seats are in that one stand for away fans.

I'm wondering with our allocation of 1700 tickets, which one will we have and will that allocation potentially go up?

I think this is a crunch game for us and a one we really could do with winning - so I think we should get as many fans down as possible.

everton had the upper and lower. but their away support, numbers wise, has always been far superior to ours. apart from chelsea away, they sell out every full allocation up and down the country, whatever the day, whatever the time.

we took less than 1000 to chelsea last season at £52-£55 a ticket and will do again this season.

the initial allocation should be sufficient. odd though that last season's allocation in the upper was 1,850, whereas this season it's 1,653 (1700). perhaps they've closed a row or two at the front?

the lower tier holds approx. 1400.

Say if we did sell the initial allocation of 1700 do you reckon they'd give us an additional allocation?

Would it be a reasonable estimate to say the whole stand upper and lower tier holds just under 3,000?

I wonder why they would close the front two rows? They didn't for Everton :s

EDIT:

Just spotted this: They're selling tickets in both tiers. However the allocation is only 1700?

Ticket Prices - Upper Tier

£45 [adults]

£40 [young adults and over 60s]

£20 [under 16s]

Ticket Prices - Lower Tier

£40 [adults]

£35 [young adults and over 60s]

£17 [under 16s]

FREE [under 8s with an acoompanying adult]

Say if we did sell the initial allocation of 1700 do you reckon they'd give us an additional allocation?

Would it be a reasonable estimate to say the whole stand upper and lower tier holds just under 3,000?

I wonder why they would close the front two rows? They didn't for Everton :s

EDIT:

Just spotted this: They're selling tickets in both tiers. However the allocation is only 1700?

Ticket Prices - Upper Tier

£45 [adults]

£20 [under 16s]

Ticket Prices - Lower Tier

£40 [adults]

£17 [under 16s]

if we sold the 1700 quickly, we could in theory request the other 1400 in the lower tier, yes. i know qpr held back the 1400 in the lower tier for everton, pending how sales went for the upper tier. but then the villa will know how poor our support is once the price goes above £40 (chelsea, liverpool, united, etc.) so i wouldn't be surprised if they've told qpr we'll only need the 1700 allocation. so whether qpr are already selling the lower to their own fans i don't know.

i was speculating mate, i don't know that they have ever or will ever close a row or two at the front; just that that could possibly explain the 200 fewer seats in that upper tier compared to last season.

----------------------

i just came on to post that. who knows with the villa ticket office anymore?! they're an absolute joke. i would imagine it's yet another mistake to add to the list:

two different allocations listed for swindon;

the apparent 1600 allocation for fulham (when we'd taken and sold 2900);

the listed allocation of 1600 for spurs when there's no such thing at WHL (allocation is 1800);

or telling us we'd taken and sold out of a 2940 allocation for newcastle when in fact we'd only taken approximately an 1800 allocation and sold less than 1000.

it's embarrassing how useless they are.

I've got a feeling the allocation says 1700 because they've copied and pasted, and then edited the Man City details but not changed the allocation as that game also has a 1700 allocation.

I might be wrong but wouldn't be surprised as they often make errors.

everton had the upper and lower. but their away support, numbers wise, has always been far superior to ours. apart from chelsea away, they sell out every full allocation up and down the country, whatever the day, whatever the time.

#

Not strictly true. I remember Villa v Everton at VP last season walking up to the game and there was a sign up 'away tickets on sale', it was 95% full once in the ground, but they obviously hadn't sold it out in advance.

Yup, five of us are coming from Slovenia to see the Villa at QPR, i ordered our tickets on Monday but i have no idea where we'll sit. Should we be ready to sing 'My garden shed' :)?

Definitely - it is such a small stadium, but has that Championship feel to it, which I kind of like :P.

When you ordered your tickets did you chose upper tier or lower tier. Lower tier was £40 and upper was £45.

I'm still thinking it might be a site error just copy and pasting the city ticket details

I'm absolutely fuming!

Just read this on the villa site:

Ticket Prices - Upper Tier Centre

£45 [adults]

£20 [under 16s]

Ticket Prices - Upper Tier Wings

£40 [adults]

£17 [under 16s]

They've changed what previously said on the site "Lower tier" for £40 to "upper tier wings".

So i've now paid for shitty seats in the wings! I'm
furious!

• 3 weeks later...
Â