Weekends football 21/23 Sep

andykeenan

Liverpool have had much tougher fixtures than us but have looked ok in their games against Man City and Man U. They lack a goal scorer but control the midfield a lot better then we do.

I think they will finish above us unfortunately.

Oh, they will. I think the schadenfreude comes with how far beneath their expectations Liverpool will finish compared to us. We will have had a great year if we make it into the top half, I think most Villa fans expect us to be in lower mid table.

Liverpool still want to be a part of the big four, and they still tend to think they are only a couple of years away from winning the league but every passing season where they are finishing 6th-7th-8th (where they will probably end up again this year) sets them back hugely as it diminishes their ability to attract and afford the top players and without those players they will continue to be stuck where they currently are. It's a vicious circle for them.

thats where the comedy value comes from, the fans see the history, see that off the pitch they are up there with the biggest teams in the world and then completely disregard everything they see on the pitch

on other forums i go on to be fair to them they gave up on their title challenge at the weekend but they are still convinced they'll get 4th this year, and they only gave up on the title because the head of the FA (taggart) has decided they arent allowed to win it again

Â