Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

that despite a couple of shocking results it's far from the end of the world

Then why did yu not just sayythat inthe first place (Rhetoric)?

agreed, I just found your stats a bit of a wind up.

For what it is worth,i think we are shit at the moment, I thought things were loking up (not particularrly the liverpool game, we were a bit lucky) yet we have now gonw backwards so far in such a short amount of time I have come to the conclusion we are just shit.

it kills me to say.

which form?

the form that's seen wigan get 1 point from their last 18, or the form that's seen villa get 8 points from their last 18?

Fair point, if we can beat Wigan I may stop getting these bloody chest pains and tingling sensation in my left arm.

Oh my god so now we are comparing the form of Aston Villa with the mighty Wigan Athletic. Boy have the mighty fallen and looks like some fans are happy to accept it.

the comparison was made because a poster said "on this form" wigan would hammer us. i was questioning which form that was... coz it's sure as **** not wigan's

I'm not happy to accept it, but it's still a fact and until we acknowledge that simply being "Aston Villa" isn't enough to get us points then we'll continue to be shit.

We've let in 12 goals in two matches and conceded 3 or more on another four occasions.

We certainly have a proud history but our current crop of players, right now, just aren't good enough.

agreed, I just found your stats a bit of a wind up.

not in the slightest. those stats reflect the fact that we're inconsistent. we can go on a run of not conceding goals and keeping clean sheets, to conceding a goal a game, to getting hammered. that's par for the course with a young team

Go back to 442 to start with

That worked out well today didn't it? 0-0 then switched to 442 because of Baker's injury.

442 is pointless as we possess no decent wingers in our entire squad. Herd, KEA, Delph don't deserve to be playing in the Premier League and half the time I wonder what Holman adds other than running like a headless chicken which has worked the odd time spooking the other player into losing the ball because they're so shell-shocked to see a player running around like this. Reminds me of Kevin Kilbane a bit,

not in the slightest. those stats reflect the fact that we're inconsistent. we can go on a run of not conceding goals and keeping clean sheets, to conceding a goal a game, to getting hammered. that's par for the course with a young team

Weare definitely inconsistent!!

I am starting to think (I feel I have made my mind up after today's game) we are inconsistent because we are shit and its not good enhough.

Let's put some facts/evidence to analyse our progress this season:

* Today was the 8th league game in which we have failed to score (that's just over 42% of the games played).

* We have 18 points from 19 games (less than 1 point per game on average).

* We have a -21 goal difference (the worst I can ever remember).

* We have scored 15 league goals (joint worst strike rate in the Premier League).

* We have conceded 36 league goals in 19 games (almost 2 goals per game and the 2nd worst defence in the Premier League).

* We are having, I believe, our worst ever start to a Premier League season.

* The 8-0 defeat at Chelsea was, I believe, the worst in our entire history.

* We have conceded 3 or more league goals on 6 occasions this season.

* We have been turned over (Southampton, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs) 4 times this season (hardly freak results)

* For the third season running we find ourselves in a relegation scrap at the halfway stage of the season.

Now, if anyone can find me some good facts/evidence to the contrary then I am struggling to see how we have made progress.

Our best fit defender hobbled off today.

We've shipped 12 goals in 2 games without looking like scoring ourselves.

We started today with 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and another midfielder up front.

We look shellshocked as a team.

If Mcleish fielded such a defensive team he'd get crucified. I'm glad all the fans are behind Lambert but it's worrying that even with this support we are getting turned over. Unless we spend January we will probably go down.

Unless we spend January we will probably go down.

Blah blah blah.

Who would you buy? Give me some names? Are they foreigners that might take time to settle or not at all in this league?

Are they "experienced" cast-offs like all the ones that went to QPR and aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

How many times has any team made a great January purchase. What "good" player is going to be available?

I'm sick of us losing like we did the last two but I'm more sick of these bullshit lines

"Buy in January"

"Need older experienced players"

"It's all Lerners fault. He needs to spend money like the owner of Everton does"

Blah blah blah.

Who would you buy? Give me some names? Are they foreigners that might take time to settle or not at all in this league?

Are they "experienced" cast-offs like all the ones that went to QPR and aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

How many times has any team made a great January purchase. What "good" player is going to be available?

I'm sick of us losing like we did the last two but I'm more sick of these bullshit lines

"Buy in January"

"It's all Lerners fault. He needs to spend money like the owner of Everton does"

Are you for real? Had we not brought Bent 2 years ago and loaned Keane last year we would now be a championship team. I'm sorry that the fact annoy you.

Sign some experienced players in January? Not alienate his experienced players like he has done so far?

Depends on which experienced players we're talking about. Buying experienced shit players will not do anything. The problem is people see how poorly we're doing and note the lack of experience/age and think that will fix things but it was the exact opposite last season (lots of experienced/older players) yet we were still shit. I agree that experienced quality players would be very helpful but they have to actually be decent players as well.

Erm.... The dross Lambert has served up this season with the exception of 3 or 4 games.

Thus far it has been worse than what McLeish gave us.

We haven't been too bad most of the time. I'm not defending the last couple of games at all, but people just don't seem to understand that things won't suddenly get better overnight.

Only because we were ok up until the new year under McLeish. I seriously doubt we'll finish on less points than we did last season by the end.

Mantis you said we'd finish top half or at least not me in a relegation battle. All because Lambert is such a great manager and Mcleish was such a bad manager. It's not over the top reactions from fans. We are a massive club that has been in a relegation battle 3 seasons in a row. Sorry for not thinking this is acceptable.

I never said we'd be world beaters though, and the season is only half-way through.

Of course there have been overreactions. I'm often seeing things like "we're the worst team in the league" etc yet we're not even in the relegation. I think for the most part people are right but they just blow things out of proportion and exaggerate. Apparently if we lose to Wigan we're doomed, or according to others we're already doomed, which is exactly what I remember people saying 2 years ago.

Who said it was acceptable? However, we are where we are and living off name alone won't get you anywhere.

Edited by Mantis

Yes we are where we are but majority of fans felt we would be at the start of the season. Hence the date this thread was started. It doesn't take a genius to see this team was not good enough in August. That is the point. Why wasn't this addressed? Why are we gambling with the whole future of our club!!! It makes me sick and as ruined our bloody Xmas. Yes I'm drunk. Good night.

Blah blah blah.

"Buy in January"

I may be wrong but in addition to Darren Bent didn't we also purchase John Carew and Ashley Young in a January transfer window?