Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm going to drive there using my lucky route, park in my lucky space, buy a hot dog off a specific vendor and go through all the lucky rituals

I've even started letting the people at the church by villa park to talk to me and give me a leaflet in the vain hope it'll assist us somehow!

I think people may be overestimating slightly. Redknapp is not the English Mourinho some on here make him out to be so it's certainly not out of the question that QPR could carry on struggling.

I would bet fairly good money that QPR will go down. They really are in deep do dah

We're in this together men. Will be thinking of you guys at the game singing at the top of your voices, I'll be watching/listening on the tv, biting my nails, wishing I was at the game singing with ya.

I hope we do win, think we deserve it.

Had a good look at the table for the first time this season. Can't believe we have the second worst goals against record. So much for our defense improving this season.

If Reading beat us and win there game in hand we are 5 points off 17th place!!

On the only bright note we are 6 points off midtable.

a) it's doubtful that we could have attracted all or any of those players

B) (as you state yourself) their wage demands would have put them well outside the budget which was set

c) do you honestly think that players like Berbatov and Diame have the kind of work ethic required (that's exactly why Ireland and Bent hardly feature in the first team

PL bought in 8 players for £18m and I think that they will get better and better

I think you just like to be centre of attention with your constant negativity - we will win tomorrow, will be much more comfortably by new year and will finish well up the table (I also fancy us for a bit of silverware)

Get with the programme and get behind a team of young Lions who give 100% every week and to my mind are looking better on ever outing

You don't think we could attract Diame and Adam but spam and Stoke could. Well that certainly is a reality check.

Do we have a wage cap in place? First I heard of that.

You ask me which players I was taking about. I present those players and then you accuse me of posting for affect. Shouldn't have bothered.

IMO Berbatov would be a superb partner for Benteke or bent to play with. I don't think we'd benefit more as a team if we have someone who hasn't got the same touch, vision and skill as berbatov but runs around a lot.

Holman or Berbatov. I know which player I'd want in my team every time.

I would bet fairly good money that QPR will go down. They really are in deep do dah

They are exactly 2 wins behind us in the table, not exactly a long distance when you have players like Julio Cesar, Jose Bosingwa, Esteban Granero, Junior Hoilett, Fabio, Ji-Sung Park, Armand Traore, Nedum Onuoha, Stephane M'Bia, Adel Taraabt and Djibril Cissé at your disposal. I am not saying these are world-beaters, but everyone of them would get lots of games for us at the moment given our squad. They also have a proven, new manager in Harry Redknapp who will change things around there most likely. They will start to pick up points and who knows what they are going to buy in the January window, as I doubt Redknapp would have taken the job if he wasn't given assurances.

We need to beat Reading, Soton and Wigan and we are safe. Not necessarily those teams that are going down, but they are my bet. Sunderland are awful at the moment, but they have a good manager, a presumably established team and have way too many good players to do bad for 38 games. Will be interesting to see if Soton can beat Norwich at home and bag a three win streak, something the law of average prohibits I am sure. QPR are also down there and must be regarded a candidate of course, but player by player they have a much better team than most of the abovementioned teams - including us. They need a striker (hopefully not Darren Bent) and a good central defender to tie things up properly, because right now they are all player and no team.

Holman or Berbatov. I know which player I'd want in my team every time.

No single team in the world would take Holman over Berbatov, I mean, if they really wanted to win games that is. Berbatov might look a bit bored at times but his touch and vision is world-class, and I guess the Fulham-fans are pretty happy with the 5 goals and 3 assists in his exact 8,5 league games for the club compared to our total of 10 goals. The thing is though, Berbatov would never come here in a million years. It's not about the wages at Fulham, we could have paid him the same amount as we have lower wages now and there would always be room for a star who would sell kits in the club shop, it's about London. He lived in Manchester because that is where the biggest club in the world dominate, but he goes to Fulham for London, easy as that. I have been to Birmingham several times, and I lived one year in London, I know where I would live if I had millions and still managed to play Premier League footy B)

And yet they've been shit for the better part of this year. O'Neill really isn't that good.

Can't argue O'Neill is shit because of Sunderland's current position but Lambert is doing a good job.

I think Lambert is doing the right thing so I am certainly not slagging him, but that statement is hypocritical IMO.

And yet they've been shit for the better part of this year. O'Neill really isn't that good.

I am not the one to judge a manager over one year when he has had a good career behind him. For us he came in with a lot of changes and he did extremely well, especially when we see where we are now. I know, people say he spent a lot of money and that we are lost because of it. I don't really buy that, we didn't spend that much, it's not like we spent like Chelsea or one of those Italian teams in the 90's/early 00's like Lazio or Parma. We have to remember that MON is not the beneficiary or CFO, he asks about something and acts on it. Consecutive 6th finishes (and we certainly could have gotten better) seems pretty good to me right about now, just imagine if we had Darren Bent instead of Emile Heskey in that January transfer window. I remember Arsenal (they were 9 points behind us I think) getting Andrey Arshavin when we got Emile, I just knew we were ****. Anyway, MON has accomplished lots for Leicester and even AVFC, and then I am not even bringing up his Celtic-days which are hard to give any hard cred since the league is so easy. When he started at Sunderland they did wonderfully and for some reason they are pretty lacklustre now even with the signing of Adam Johnson, whom I like a lot as a player. No excuses there at all, but MON is a good manager - though eccentric.

That's his point, he does nothing :D

EDIT: Bah! That's a reply to Tayls' post.

Are you one of the Lambert out people as well Keefa3011?

Still want to hear from Morpheus on what he thinks Lambert does do in his role...

Can't argue O'Neill is shit because of Sunderland's current position but Lambert is doing a good job.

I think Lambert is doing the right thing so I am certainly not slagging him, but that statement is hypocritical IMO.

What hypocrisy? The two clubs are in completely different situations and they've been in their respective jobs for different periods of time. Further more I never said Lambert was doing a good job results wise. He clearly isn't.

The hypocrisy doesn't surprise me.

Ah yes that's right, I forgot it was hypocritical to judge managers on a case by case basis.

Had a good look at the table for the first time this season. Can't believe we have the second worst goals against record. So much for our defense improving this season.

If Reading beat us and win there game in hand we are 5 points off 17th place!!

On the only bright note we are 6 points off midtable.

I think both those points validate what i have been saying - there are no real duffers in the prem this season. The league is a lot tougher - we have improved but the bar has been raised. We need dramatic not gradual improvement. I really fear for us

I am not the one to judge a manager over one year when he has had a good career behind him. For us he came in with a lot of changes and he did extremely well, especially when we see where we are now. I know, people say he spent a lot of money and that we are lost because of it. I don't really buy that, we didn't spend that much, it's not like we spent like Chelsea or one of those Italian teams in the 90's/early 00's like Lazio or Parma. We have to remember that MON is not the beneficiary or CFO, he asks about something and acts on it. Consecutive 6th finishes (and we certainly could have gotten better) seems pretty good to me right about now, just imagine if we had Darren Bent instead of Emile Heskey in that January transfer window. I remember Arsenal (they were 9 points behind us I think) getting Andrey Arshavin when we got Emile, I just knew we were ****. Anyway, MON has accomplished lots for Leicester and even AVFC, and then I am not even bringing up his Celtic-days which are hard to give any hard cred since the league is so easy. When he started at Sunderland they did wonderfully and for some reason they are pretty lacklustre now even with the signing of Adam Johnson, whom I like a lot as a player. No excuses there at all, but MON is a good manager - though eccentric.

But thats just the thing -MON could probably have signed Bent - but went for Heskey