General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

What has been done to prevent the same situation arising as last year with pre-ordering the Villa Shirt?

If I remember correctly the date was put back twice and then the shirt became available in the club shop before people who pre-ordered had recieved theirs?

Are we still using kit-bag.com, as I also recall people having issue's with part shipments and the like last year too,

With the acorns partnership and the expected increase in sales will these problems also increase?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

I know you don't get involved in transfers and this is not asking you about the situation - , but, it is just a request for you to pass to whomever does get involved - and I am sure I speak for most if not all.

As it is now 6pm on Friday, and a) Barry has been back for 4 days, B) he said he wanted it sorted straight away as it was unfair to him, and the fans - the fact nothing has been said must mean he is going and the two clubs are speaking. If he was staying the club would have announced it by now - it's not rocket science.

However, and this is the request. PLEASE , for the fans sake as much as anything - give us something quickly to give us hope.

Fans all over the country at the moment, with the probable exception of Chelsea have had something to give them hope by now - Spurs with two (apparently as I don't know them) quality signings, Man C signing a record fee striker and apparently confirming interest in Ronaldinho, even West Ham have had Ashton sign a new contract.

But us, and we should be the most optimistic of anyone after last season - just see it slipping away. I am sure it isn't the case, and I am sure things are being done - so why not release it just to give the fans something to make them relax.

You have read enough of my posts to know I am more up and down than a whores draws, but I gotta admit, it's bloody worrying when today you have Man C confirming the Jo signing and Ronaldino interest, Spurs signing an 8million wonder kid and all we have to report is Saloufou and Routledge will play a bigger part next season.

And, all I can think of, is that, Barry before the internationals reportedly said "he wanted to see Villas ambition before making his mind up" - so, he must be thinking what I am thinking !!!

Sorry, but I am only being honest !!

And, all I can think of, is that, Barry before the internationals reportedly said "he wanted to see Villas ambition before making his mind up" - so, he must be thinking what I am thinking !!!

I must confess General, if I were Barry, I wouldnt be thinking "Wow, this clubs really pressing for CL footie next season".

Rightly or wrongly, and probably wrongly, fans want big names/signings to galvanise behind. We are always told that things take time but if this the case, how come other clubs seem to progress things much quicker?

Why do we always have to be sitting and watching Spurs et al grab the goodies?

For me General, i just want to say that i'm going to show some more patience this summer when it comes to signings.It must get anoying with some ofthe negativity oon here, but don't take it too much to heart as all everyone here wants is for us to be up there challeging again. It has been so long since we have made a serious attempt at winning anything. And now all our hopes are up, us midlanders always think the worst is going to happen ( i myself can't help it - i've been a villa fan for nearly 25 years - for my sins).

Regarding the Barry situation, i have said that if he leaves, then lets wish him well, and then go on to show him what a mistake he made. Because at this club we need what Sir Alex has done to with Man utd. Their players know they can't just want to play for the club, they have to love it as well. Thats what we want here, players who put the club first. Ones who don't ever actually want to leave.

I do hope he chooses to stay because he wants to achieve his playing dreamsin a villa shirt. If not,then thanks for memories but we hope you regret the choice.

That being said, it would be nice if MON could make his mission this summer, to try and bankrupt Randy with the ammount spent on new signings. (but being a villa fan, we would probably still find something to complain about - seriouly we can't help it)

Keep up the good work. (the ACORNS deal is something you all should be very proud of, i can't think of a charity more deserving)

General Krulak here:

1. Transfer: As I have said a thousand times, I am not involved in transfers. But let me tell you what I PERSONALLY think...NOT official...just ME. 1) VERY FEW Clubs have signed anybody! Simple as that. Lots of talk but VERY little action. Why? Because we are ALL in the feeling out stages. Remember, it is NOT just the player and the Club....there are folks called agents who are smack dab in the middle of all this. We make an offer...the agent gets it and may well "shop it around." So when I hear people talking about all the action of other Clubs I have to chuckle...because if truth be known, very littl;e has happened. Obviously Barry and the Club are talking...we are not idiots...not is he. It is in all of our best interests to talk this through. The fact that no decision has been announced does not portend bad things...OR good. It is just that there is nothing to announce. I hope the vast, vast, majority of you all realize that a GOOD DEAL of activity is taking place...but there are many aspects to what is going on. Key for ALL to remember is that NONE of this is done just between the player and the Club...there are always agents and, at least, one or two other Clubs. 'Nuff said.

2. Dollar will go up.

3. Obama will probably win but closer than expected. Of course that is now...I may give a different answer in a couple of months.

4. No addtional friendlies on tap.

5. HOK will have something soon.

6. Trinity pictures will go on web....all you would see now is a large cavern.

General,

Whilst the club has been run superbly over the last year or two, some things do still shock me

Why oh why, when it is clear players like ashley young and gareth barry look to their clubs to match their ambition, does our manager come out and say that villa are unlikely to break into the top 4?!?

Crazy crazy stuff general.

General Krulak here:

1. Re. the media comments about X-million pounds + Crouch....the media!!!!

2. V111AFC: I have NO idea...perhaps it is the old "disinformation" campaign. I honestly can think of several reasons to put that out...and you can too.

General,

1. What proportion of the new executive seats have been sold? Is it on target and so forth?

2. What player would you most like Villa to sign this summer? To keep this plausible it can be any player, such as Ronaldo, Kaka. Give it a bit of imagination.

For people to be talking about a lack of signings at this stage is utter nonsense. I see myself as a glass half empty guy, but even i'm not worried.

Thanks for your time, I have been slightly gittery over a couple of issues such as ticket prices but overall a great job two years on.

Gen

I've been meaning to ask this for ages - can you clarify something.

It's on this FIFA 6+ 5 ruling.

Personally, I believe it is a great idea. To be honest, I am not bothered about whether it helps the international team - I just think it is a discgrace when the likes of Arsenal put out a team with not one british player in their squad.

However, various bodies keep saying it is illegal. As far as I am aware, it isn't. It would be illegal to stop clubs employing (buying) foreign players - but surely it is down to the actual sporting body to come up with the rules (ie: only allowed six on the field at one time). Cricket have done it for years so, I can't see the problem.

a) Do you know anymore

B) Do you believe it will happen

c) Are we planning for it

Thanks

General what's your own view on that whole FIFA foreigner rule? Also in a mildly related topic, what's your thoughts on the latest quotes from Platini:

I can't say that we will miss the England team (at Euro 2008)," he told L'Equipe.

"That would mean that we believe Croatia are a poor team. It is their own problem that England cannot finish among the top two places in a group of six teams.

"Football at club level is completely different to the international game. Except for Italy and Germany, the winners or finalists at the last two World Cups have been countries that export their players.

"I am very concerned by the buying of clubs by foreign investors. I can't see why Americans want to invest in these clubs, except to make them into a money-making product.

"It is a never-ending search for money, leading to the proposal of a 39th fixture abroad.

"The aim is not to win titles, but to pay back debts. Look at Chelsea and Manchester United's debt problems. Fifa and Uefa have to fight against that, because today the ones who cheat are going on to win.

"Is Champions League success based on who has the most money? I think so, and that bothers me.

"We have to find ways to help other clubs sort out their problems. Defeat must no longer mean financial disaster."

Do FIFA have any clue what's going on at VP or do they just think it's some phantom venue that only holds FA Cup Semi Finals? With the Acorns thing and everything else, statements like the above from football's governing body must surely leave a sour taste?

General, what do you think of the many Clinton voters who are now coming out and saying they'd rather vote for McCain than Obama?

Seems a little pathetic to me.."If my party dont want Hillary then i'm going to vote for the other party!"

General,

Forgive me if this has been answered but can you give us any information on the status of Curtis Davies transfer from WBA? I know it was initially a loan and all of the talk assumes that he will be here next season but his permanent signing does not seem to have been confirmed formally yet Luke Moore's transfer in the other direction has been concluded.

Thanks

Tom

General.

Whats your view on the news that Man united have decided to report Real Madrid for allegedly tapping up Ronaldo, after Madrid siad that the player wants to jion them?

Sounds kind of familiar dont you think?

Does this make us more Proffesional than them, and if so, will you be advising the Glaziers that its best to act the way we are in these matters?

Sorry to rake up old ground, but this is a question that is annoying a majority of supporters. And it wont go away.

I admire the principles General, and in a sense, i know where your coming from. But what exactly makes it ok for manure to do something about one of their players being tapped up, and not us?

Also, on a differnet matter.

Have you took time to read Platinis comments regarding foriegn ownership of premier clubs by Americans?. He more or less, says that you are only in it to make money, and its a bad thing!.

He conveniantly forgets the Thais, Russians and Icelandics that have bought premier clubs. So do you agree with me, that this is another example of the french...well, being the French. ( Bigoted, General )