General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

i was at the game on wednesday and i spotted randy lerner leaving the holte car park to go to the game and thought how refreshing it was that he is not one of those chairman that has to be taken to the game with bodyguards

another point possibly could you give a note to the players that now were out the carling cup to try there best with the fa cup as our fans desperatly need some glory back to show those money grabbing bluenoses whos boss of the midlands.

thanks general your a legend

nick

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same as below I believe that bringing the FA Cup back to Villa Park should be a main goal this season, we have the talent to do it and I'd love it for everyone to get involved to bring it back! Also General I could'nt help but notice the poor attendance against Leicester and I believe that this might have been due to prices? My dad was put off at having to pay £20 to see Leicester on a cold Wednesday night! Maybe if Prices were brought down to just £5 Kids and £10 Adults then maybe a sell-out would happen for every upcoming cup-tie

General is a Legend!

Pope

Hello General.

Is it possible for a website update, when we're going to see it etc? i'm sure i'm not alone in the anticipation of our new Official Site, will it be run by Villa and not that poor premium tv template type system?

Many thanks.

General Krulak here:

1. Some thoughts on the Holte Pub. We know that there remains some issues re. the Holte Pub...numbers who can be admitted, selection process, hours, etc. etc. I want everyone to know that we ARE looking into these issues to see if there are things we should/could/must change. We are not just sitting back and doing nothing. Alison and Nicky are deeply involved in fan satisfaction issues and your comments and thoughts are being and have been fed into them. Please don't think your comments just go into a black hole because that is not the case. Both Nicky and Alison read this very thread...so not only do they hear from me, but they hear directly from you.

2. Smoking: Again, the issue is simply that it is against the regulations to smoke in the stadium. If we condone violations, we set ourselves up for large fines. That would not be good for the Club. When we start playing in Europe, our fans will have to fly over there....and guess what, they will not be able to smoke on the planes. The only saving grace for smokers is that they can think of our games at Villa Park as "training" for the flights to Europe!!

General Krulak here:

I want everyone to know that we ARE looking into these issues to see if there are things we should/could/must change. We are not just sitting back and doing nothing.

this is so good to here from the club, and to know that the club has the fans interest at heart is refreshing change, thankyou!

When we start playing in Europe

Finally the club has a vision, good on you General

as for smoking in the stadium, im all for the ban, its nice to go down at half time to get a bite to eat and not have burn holes put into your clothes, or have ppl blow smoke into your face, it makes the stadium more cleaner!

General

ive just read that mon expects to be on the list of managers that will be sacked, maybe this is just the media stirring as theyve never had a positive thing to say about us!

but can you assure us please that mon will be staying for many years to come?

cheers!

General Krulak here:

1. I have heard NOTHING about MON and his tenure at Villa Park. MON and Randy are absolutely on the same sheet of music. They have a great deal of mutual respect. They have a goal that they are driving towards. They are in synch.

Gen

I am in a bad mood and am going to try and put this question as amicably as I can. If it does come out the wrong way, it is not a personal dig, so please don't read it like that.

Although I like martin O'Neill he is making some howling decisions that are costing us dear. The lack of transfer activity leading to us having no cover, the tactical ineptitude in some games, the Leicester debacle and now to top the lot - Spurs !!.

It's not in hidsight - I think everyone to a man thought when he took gardner off and changed the whole set up of the team "what the hell is he doing". You are 4-1 up (somewhat rather luckily but you'll take it) and he decides to change the whole system - sticking on players that are clearly not good enough.

I would like to ask the question, as an employee of your board - what are you going to do about it ?. If I make mistakes at work, I get hauled into an office and told in no uncertain terms - I can't see why this has to be any different.

We are very inconsistent and someone needs to take responsibilty for these cock-ups - ad from my eyes - its only one persons fault.

General

Do Randy and the board have a plan B in reaching our goals. ie if MON does not bring us forward and continues to baffle many of us with his buying policy, tactics and substitutions what plan do the board have?

Or is there an expectation that MON willget it right because of his reputation?

General while all of us are hurting tonight and have mixed emotions, may I say that tonights game was one of the great games and Villa played their part. Scoring 4 away from home is rare and I suspect that it won't happen more than 20 times this season although it happened twice this week.

It was one of my heroes Jimmy Greaves that used to say, 'football, its a funny old game'.

Every dog has his day and in the 60s we were 5-1 down against Spurs with 25 minutes to go and drew 5-5., Jimy Greaves was in the Spurs team that day, maybe thats where he got the saying from!

Either way its 1 more point than we had there last season and our fans were fantastic as usual, people will say that we let a 3 goal lead slip but they forget how hard the oppostion were trying on what was their big day, as big as ours on 6/5/07.

You must be amazed at how quick our 'supporters' change their views... We beat Chelsea and everyone is in the clouds, then surrender a 4-1 lead and it's time to get rid of MON.

I walked out of WHL last night a little upset, but I KNOW in MON we have the best. Tottenham will soon be climbing the table and a point there is a good point. We are definately moving in the right direction, I just wish other posters could be a little patient.

Let MON know the vast majority, especially those who were there last night are fully behind him.