Blameless for driving over someone for half a mile

GasGasGas

Link

Probably pretty much an insignificant piece of news here, quite strangely an insignificant story in its entirety. But I'm kind of perplexed at all the facts presented:

- He was apparently travelling practically a strolling pace of 3 km/h and yet at this speed he still managed to run over someone

- He thought he ran over a bottle, then a fox, but yet he continued driving on and ended up dragging the person under the bus for half a mile

If, travelling at 3 km/h, he still somehow couldn't see a person crossing the road right in front of him, he must have been driving the Death Star or something?

why has this made the news in Singapore?

it has barely scraped the news in the UK, and i'm sure nobody has heard of it.

i'm not even sure it is much of a story, just an accidental road accident that happens everyday.

why has this made the news in Singapore?

it has barely scraped the news in the UK, and i'm sure nobody has heard of it.

i'm not even sure it is much of a story, just an accidental road accident that happens everyday.

Running someone over, dragging her for over 800 metres, fabricating stories that are not even logical and yet they are admitted, getting away scot free at the end of it all. If anything I'm actually surprised it hasn't garnered a huge reaction or made front page headlines here.

From the pathetic excuse given it also seems that it's perfectly okay to drive over an animal and not give a damn about it at all. But then again now that I see such a nonchalant, callous take on the accident, I think I understand why.

She was being crushed under a bus for minutes, obviously she'd die.

In his closing remarks the Judge said "The prosecution have, rightly in this case, come to the conclusion that they cannot ask for a conviction on the evidence they have been able to place in front of you."

There is clearly a lot we have not been told in these press articles, which as usual are designed to promote outrage, where none is justified.

The behaviour of the press in the Uk is shocking, particularly in my view the BBC from whom we expect so much more. When we allowed freedom of the press we did so on the assumption they would be responsible with it.

Running someone over, dragging her for over 800 metres, fabricating stories that are not even logical and yet they are admitted, getting away scot free at the end of it all. If anything I'm actually surprised it hasn't garnered a huge reaction or made front page headlines here.

when you say 'here' do you mean the UK or Singapore?

In the UK, nobody can have a reaction about it, because it hasn't made the news at all. Nobody in this country knows about it. Forget front page headlines, it hasn't even made a column on page 76 (or any page) in any major newspaper.

I assume by the reaction from a couple of you, that it must have been mentioned in Singapore, and that people know about it there?

- He was apparently travelling practically a strolling pace of 3 km/h and yet at this speed he still managed to run over someone

If, travelling at 3 km/h, he still somehow couldn't see a person crossing the road right in front of him, he must have been driving the Death Star or something?

Did the girl not see a bus coming towards her?

What was she doing in the middle of the road with a bus about to run her over?

Why didn't she move out of the way?

:huh:

In the UK, nobody can have a reaction about it, because it hasn't made the news at all. Nobody in this country knows about it. Forget front page headlines, it hasn't even made a column on page 76 (or any page) in any major newspaper.

Can't say I agree with this. I've seen it on the news a few times. Then again it might just have been London news. Seen it in the papers a bunch too.

Neither of those articles say he was travelling at 3km/h so I don't know where that 'apparently' came from. I suspect it's bull, given that buses don't typically travel at 3km/h and especially not for half a mile. 30km/h is a lot more realistic and might explain why she didn't just move out of the way !

when you say 'here' do you mean the UK or Singapore?

I assume by the reaction from a couple of you, that it must have been mentioned in Singapore, and that people know about it there?

Here as in Singapore. So if it isn't even a big piece of news here, I'm not surprised no one bothered anywhere else.

These articles mention that he had slowed to 3km/h at the point of accident (not the entire journey).

London bus driver says he slowed vehicle before collision

Bus driver who ran over Tan Mingwei found not guilty

Indeed there appears to be a lot of questions yet to be answered so it's surprisingly flippant the way the case has been stood down.

Â