Help! Iphone stuck on Recovery Mode

Demitri_C

any apple experts here?

i did an apple update to get IOS.5.1 on my iphone4 and left it over night as wa s taking forever to back everything up and woke up this morning and its stuck on recovery mode! cant do anything all it says is go to restore on itunes? i dont want to restore it as i will lose all my data. tried rebooting pc, switching phone on and off, resetting it it still on there.

what do i do? any help would be appreciated thanks

ps starting to become an apple hater everything they do is so complicated

ok ill risk it guys. it did say it was going to back everything up but i dont know if it did for sure as i left it to do over night. i hope to god it does not delete everything

im gonna be pissed off if it doesnt (not with you guys just apple in general)

i tried downloading tinyumbrella but i kept getting this error message :? had to bloody restore it lost all my numbers, photos everything

all my apps were backed up but nothing else was saved. on teh verge of dumping apple and going android. w@nker$

All your contacts and that should be on iCloud, still, Dem (assuming you use the free iCloud account. Or on Google if you use that.

Normally, as well, everything is backed up, not just apps. It might be worth trying a restore again, because the phone backs up automatically when you sync.

I've had the fault before , on a few iPhones as it turns out

They way I fix it is start the restore on I-tunes and at the point your iPhone screen flashes kill I-tunes .. If you get the apple icon on your phone you've gone too far

Then relaunch iTunes it will say its found an iPhone in recovery mode and should it restore it (or something like that) say yes and leave it this time , you'll get the apple icon on your phone but this time the white progress bar will move across

Once it's finished do your restore

Might take you a few attempts but it does work

Â