Humble Indie Bundle 5

Davkaus

Well, the Humble Indie Bundle 5 has just gone live, and I'm going to go out on a limb(o - sorry) and say that if you have a PC and don't buy this, you're probably crazy.

It's got 3 of the best indie games from last year, Limbo, Bastoion (have to beat the average price to get this), and Amnesia, plus Psychonauts and Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery.

I'd also recommend the Indie Royale bundle which went live a few hours ago, but if you're going to pick up just one of them, HIB is just about the best games bundle I've seen.

I came here specifically to make a post about this so it was good to already see one.

Any one of Limbo, Amnesia, Psychonauts or Superbrothers would be ridiculous to pass up in a pay-what-you-want deal, but all of them together, plus Bastion if you match the (current) $7.60 average, really is like the best little bundle you're likely to see. I mentioned before how I liked Bastion , but Psychonauts is one of my favourite games ever and Amnesia is that game everyone always mentions when they talk about survival horror games. Limbo is just a couple of hours long but is a fun little puzzle-platformer, with a really memorable black humorous atmosphere that stays with you.

I didn't have Superbrothers so I paid $1 to have it on Steam :D (you need to pay $1 to get a Steam code, otherwise it's just a direct download option).

Also FYI the average is only increasing as time goes on, so if you want Bastion it's better not to wait until the last minute chewing it over.

They have just added Braid, Lone Survivor, and Super Meat Boy, 8 awesome indie games can be yours for $7.88. DRM free. Even if you're not a huge fan of all of them, compared to £40 for a DRM filled piece of AAA bullshit, with limited installations, and always-online single player.

Support companies who just sell you games, instead of licensing you a product.

Fantastic deal. Meat Boy in particular needs to be experienced.

Bastion is one of the most curiously overrated games ever imo but you can't complain at that money with all the awesome in the bundle.

I've been meaning to pick up Amnesia for a while now (cue obvious joke about forgetting) as I'm intrigued by the nature of the 'run and hide' game play. I've read it's somewhat style over substance but I'm still looking forward to putting a couple of hours into it.

• 5 months later...
Â