Ad skipping TV box makes US networks hit the Panic button

Chindie

If I was to watch for example a movie on one of the main networks over here, you will get about 20 mins ad-free at the start (to suck you in) after which you get something like 4 mins ads, 8 mins movie, 4 mins ads etc etc. Maybe if the broadcasters stopped using so many **** adverts and stopped tricks like massively increasing the volume when they come one, people wouldn't be so keen to skip them.

:shock: that is crazy.

there are pretty strict rules in the UK, i think its a max of 12 or 15 mins total adverts in an hour, and a max of 3 or 4 ad breaks in an hour.

normally in a film we would get 3 ad breaks in an hour of 3-4 mins each.

If I was to watch for example a movie on one of the main networks over here, you will get about 20 mins ad-free at the start (to suck you in) after which you get something like 4 mins ads, 8 mins movie, 4 mins ads etc etc. Maybe if the broadcasters stopped using so many **** adverts and stopped tricks like massively increasing the volume when they come one, people wouldn't be so keen to skip them.

:shock: that is crazy.

there are pretty strict rules in the UK, i think its a max of 12 or 15 mins total adverts in an hour, and a max of 3 or 4 ad breaks in an hour.

normally in a film we would get 3 ad breaks in an hour of 3-4 mins each.

We get three ad-breaks in an episode of the Simpsons...

I never watch adverts. When whatever I'm watching goes to an ad break I use this time to go for a piss, get a drink or food etc or I just sit there and channel hop for a few minutes. I usually skip through the music video channels. I probably wouldn't mind as much if the adverts weren't so annoying and shit! For example, Go Compare and we buy any car! Those American tv networks that are moaning need to broaden their horizons anyway as the majority of American adverts are food related! Burger King then Taco Bell then Popeyes then maybe a Castrol ad then Subway and Long John Silvers then a beer ad then a couple more food ones followed by one or two clips of upcoming tv show episodes. It's ridiculous.

I refuse to watch adverts and very rarely watch live TV these days, if I do I pause it before I watch for a bit to give it some slack to whizz past the adverts. I refuse to even watch them on fast forward just in case I catch a logo or slogan in the corner. They will try and be clever and make long adverts that work at x 10 fast forward, the advertisers are that sad.

It is getting quite good now as a lot of TV shows that appear on the Internet are now stripped of even the channel indent in the corner or at least blur it so it cannot be read at all. Sp once they broadcast with the adverts it is soon stripped of anything to do with t eh channel or adverts that went with it, a fitting punishment for the inclusion of adverts I feel, the total loss of their worth and identity.

Â